1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Upfront Week] CBS announces Fall '07 schedule

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by jlaking, May 16, 2007.

1. jlaking

jlaking Brainiac is someplace

CBS TELEVISION NETWORK 2007-2008 PRIMETIME SCHEDULE
    (BOLD=New, NT=New Time, all times ET/PT)

MONDAY

8 PM - HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER
    8:30 PM - THE BIG BANG THEORY
    9 PM - TWO AND A HALF MEN
    9:30 PM - RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
    10 PM CSI: MIAMI

TUESDAY

8 PM - NCIS
    9 PM - THE UNIT
    10 PM - CANE

WEDNESDAY

8 PM - KID NATION
    9 PM - CRIMINAL MINDS
    10 PM - CSI: NY

THURSDAY

8 PM - SURVIVOR
    9 PM - CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION
    10 PM - WITHOUT A TRACE (NT)

FRIDAY

8 PM - GHOST WHISPERER
    9 PM - MOONLIGHT
    10 PM - NUMB3RS

SATURDAY

8 PM - CRIMETIME SATURDAY
    10 PM - 48 HOURS: MYSTERY

SUNDAY

7 PM - 60 MINUTES
    8 PM - VIVA LAUGHLIN
    9 PM - COLD CASE
    10 PM - SHARK (NT)

2. The Clown Prince

The Clown Prince My God carries a big Hammer
    Staff Member Moderator

3. Draft

Draft Active Member

waterfront never aired, which is oh well for them

i read close to home gets better ratings than #'s and GW, but probably not in the demo, specially with Jennifer Love Hewitt in GW(See Family Guy)

Jerichro is a suprise. I figured HIMYM would kick the can for christine, which is midseason now.

4. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

SHARK seemed a shoe-in for a second season, and I'm glad GHOST WHISPERER is back as well. (Though I'm ticked about them moving SHARK to Sunday nights. Where I live in Central California, CBS's primetime starts an hour earlier, so SHARK will be on 9PM at the same time as FAMILY GUY. ARGH!!)

My parents love CLOSE TO HOME, but I can't help but feel a little bit of joy at it's cancellation, because I've held it responsible for the death of THRESHOLD, which was seeing "low but okay" ratings until the shows switched places.

5. Jeff Harris

Jeff Harris Creator/Webmaster, TXB

A musical drama? A vampire detective series? Kids taking over an abandoned town? Wow. I don't usually watch CBS, aside from Letterman, but I'm kind of impressed with these new shows.

Cane sounds like the modern day successor to Dallas. Just hope it doesn't get slaughtered by SVU.

6. MarineCorps

MarineCorps Active Member

I am glad that Armed and Famous is gone. To bad about Smith through. That wasn't given any chance to show it could get ratings. Always meant to watch Jericho but always forgot. Oh well. Waterfront could have been a good show with Joe Pantoliano as the Mayor. More bad luck for him. I still mourn over Dr Vegas.

I don't see many of the new shows staying. Cane might. But doubtful.

7. DR.MID-NITE

DR.MID-NITE The Original

"Moonlight" Sounds like a remake of the 90's tv show "Forever Knight".

For those not familiar with Forever Knight here is a synopsis...

8. EinBebop

EinBebop Data Dog

Jericho is cancelled?? NOOOOOO!!! :(

9. Temple Fugate

Temple Fugate Active Member

Kid Nation sounds deplorable. I'm expecting to see many whiners and criers. The producers are probably hoping it'll turn into a wild west Lord of the Flies. :(

Jericho should have stayed. Being a #1 network means you should have the confidence to take a few risks, and upsetting yet another serialized drama's audience was not the right one to take. Jericho certainly sounds better than Cane, whose premise sounds more like Dull-is than Dallas. CBS must be hoping for a large adult turnout for this one.

The Drew Carey game show sounds pretty interesting. Is it coming this summer or next summer?

And yay, another season of CSI: Miami. I am only happy about this one because that means 22 more teasers with laugh-out-loud David Caruso one-liners.

10. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

Lord of the Flies is exactly what came to my mind when I read about this Kid Nation.

And I'll still continue to watch CSI. All three of them. Please don't hate me.

11. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

I can't say I care too much for CBS' new schedule. They are following the pursuit of NBC by bringing over a British comedy, and who in their right minds would give kids free reign for 40 days?

The travesty is Jericho is offically cancelled. I understand that it had low ratings, but CBS keeps pointing out that it's the highest rated show they have with their online service. That tells me it just needs a new day and time so people don't have to choose between it and something else.

I will say I'm glad Without A Trace is returning to its true home though- Thursdays at 9 pm.

12. Draft

Draft Active Member

i'm suprise Jerichro got the axe as well, i thoguht ratings were good(didn't see post-hiatus however..) and probably post were still better than anything on Friday

Teh Fail:

Kid Nation
    Power of 10

Teh Win:
    Cane
    Big Bang Theory

Teh Meh:
    Moonlight
    Viva Laughlin

13. Icer

Icer Active Member

Jericho never recovered from its hiatus. I enjoyed the show for the most part, but I'm not that broken up about it being canceled. There were a few things that needed answering, but oh well.

14. DR.MID-NITE

DR.MID-NITE The Original

Jericho was screwed by CBS. First they tell the producers to make it more soap operish. Which turns off potential fans. Then they put the show on hiatus for over 3 months. So only the most ardent fan will look for it when it returned. And in another forum someone posted a quote from the lady in charge of CBS programming. And she blamed the show for losing steam....Bull!! It was their stupid 3 month gap in episodes that caused it to loose steam.

15. Duke

Duke Truer Words Were Never Spoken

The only show I watch on CBS is NCIS, and despite its lackluster Season 4 (though I seem to be the only one who's disappointed in Season 4...), I am glad its returning.

16. RoseBusch

RoseBusch Member

At least that's better than NBC's schedule (wait, no, ABC's schedule).

17. Bones Justice

Bones Justice Bring on the noise!

I'm sad to see that Jericho got cancelled. They were really on the way to a great season two. The final episode, Why We Fight, was the best episode of the whole show and really built upon everything before it. I'm curious, though, did they know they were cancelled before they wrote this episode?

If CBS can't be convinced to change their mind about the series, I wish they would at least allow for a TV movie finale for the show.

18. simpsonsfan

simpsonsfan Froakie - Bubble Frog Pokemon
    Staff Member Moderator

The Big bang theory looks good! I'll tune in.

19. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

With the exception of Beauty and the Geek, shows about nerds never do well. Don't get attached to Big Bang Theory.

20. simpsonsfan

simpsonsfan Froakie - Bubble Frog Pokemon
    Staff Member Moderator

yea I know what you mean because every year I get into a show and they get cancelled like Invasion. So since then I try not to get into a show unless it's on cable with more than 2 seasons.