1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

[Upfront Week] ABC announces Fall '07 schedule

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Burgundy Ranger, May 15, 2007.

1. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

Call me nostalgiac, but I wish Bob Saget would come back to AFHV. He made that show what it was.

2. Ultra8

Ultra8 Now all I/You can do

The only things remotely appealing from that line-up are "Cavemen"(which I'm giving less than a season) and "Women's Murder Club" which strangly reminds me of the premise of a japanese drama that used to air right after DBZ on International ch. when I was a kid(I mainly remember it because the intro had a scene where the actresses were walking and the background had galloping flaming horses).

Guess I've no reason again to watch ABC this season.
    Other than "Knights" there hasn't been anything good on ABC since the Urkle era of TGIF.

3. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

4. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

I actually don't think that was too bad. I doubt I'll be watching it regularly though. I'll at least check out the pilot episode.

5. Burgundy Ranger

Burgundy Ranger Disney XD/Vortexx schedule guy

Mel Kiper has this one at the top of his Dead Pool draft board.

6. AhmedtheHead

AhmedtheHead Member

7. PeppeRaskell1

PeppeRaskell1 Peanutized!!!

I thought the Women's Murder Club title sounded familiar. Maybe I'll check out one of their books before checking out the show itself. (Perhaps ABC is looking for the next Murder, She Wrote or Father Brown Mysteries?)

Supernanny and Dancing with the Stars is coming back, too? Sweet.
    (a couple of "Guilty Pleasure" shows I watch.:eek::anime:;))

8. J. B. Warner

J. B. Warner Increasing my wordiness

In my opinion, Bob Saget was one of the burdens of the show's pre-Tom Bergeron era. It's not just the videos that are funny, it's how they're packaged that really sells them. Saget's voices were annoying, his delivery was too fast, and his humor as the host was mediocre at best, and the addition of a million cartoon sound effects to each clip just made the show feel cheesy and unprofessional. I also don't care for John Fugelsang and Daisy Fuentes, the hosts from Seasons 8, 9, and 10. They had zero chemistry between each other, they couldn't say something funny to save their lives, and the very presence of two hosts seemed thoroughly unnecessary when just one would do the job fine. The way I see it, Tom Bergeron brought a dry, intelligent wit to AFV, and with such razor-sharp comedic talents as J. Elvis Weinstein and Trace Beaulieu on the writing staff, the material he had to work with got better. With a Season 18 now confirmed, Bergeron will officially become the host who has stayed with AFV the longest, and I consider that to be the right decision - he's the best guy for the job.

9. Draft

Draft Active Member

They cancell every show i watch on that channel(In Case of Emergancy and Knights of Prosperity). But i will tune into the Caveman/Carpool hour till they are cancelled..

can't believe they got rid of Jim and George Lopez, little suprising there(Those 2 with ICE and Caveman for Friday nights i thought)

3 new shows on wednesday, HA! at least one will be teh fail..

10. Dirty Dawg

Dirty Dawg Chinese Democracy starts NOW!

Cavemen looks funny,can't wait!BTW where's Mr. & Mrs. Smith?

11. Temple Fugate

Temple Fugate Active Member

Couldn't have put it better myself. One of the worst parts of Saget's run (which I of course loved as a kid but seeing reruns on Nick at Nite and elsewhere detest) was the fact that they would often show clips that had no humorous content at all, and Saget's VO wasn't doing a very good job making them seem funny.

12. Draft

Draft Active Member

Predictions for Newbies

Losers:

BIG SHOTS
    PUSHING DAISIES
    ELI STONE
    CARPOOLERS
    MISS/GUIDED

Winners:
    WOMEN’S MURDER CLUB
    CAVEMEN

SAM, I AM

Huge Winners:

DIRTY SEXY MONKEY

PRIVATE PRACTICE
    THE CASHMERE MAFIA

MISS/GUIDED
    OPRAH’S BIG GIVE

13. RoseBusch

RoseBusch Member

Hey, my local ABC affilicate is actally owned by Disney/ABC themselves (ABC 12 WJRT in Flint, Michigan, but I reside in Saginaw), and they carry the full lineup, but who cares, most of the shows will be cancelled.

Nuff Said.

14. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

Well ABC continues to offer me Desperate Housewives and Boston Legal, plus possibly Brothers & Sisters (need to watch on-line because I'm intrigued) and not much else. I was disappointed, but not surprised by the cancellation of The Knights of Prosperity and The Nine. Both 'Jim' and 'George' did surprise me though. I always reserve judgment until I see some promos, but right now only Big Shots has me interested and it's mostly the cast drawing me to it.