1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Updated, Definitive, Unofficial, DC Animated Universe Timeline (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Fone Bone, Aug 25, 2006.

1. iammattie

iammattie Member

I didn't even think about this. However, we already have a batman who didn't call in the league on this, so I'd say he probably wanted to keep his cards close on this one

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Excellent point.

I have tidied up the Timeline and corrected most of the spelling errors (Terry McGinnis is no longer Terry McGuinnis) and was a little shocked to realize I omitted an episode: Static Shock's "Wind Of Change". While that IS one of that series' worst episodes, I assure you its absence from the Timeline was a complete oversight on my end.

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

We've seen Batman keep a case close to the vest like in "This Little Piggy" but even then he called in a few Leaguers. That wasn't an end of the world scenario. In the case of his movie, end of the world scenario. Very reckless not to accept aid even though it sounded like the similar scenario in JLU's final season when Mr. Terrific's coordinating had them all stretched too thin. Even taking B'Wana Beast might have been a boon, he could surely found some animals to merge into a chimera and stop Floronic Man. Triumph had electromagnetic powers and mind control I think.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dallas Kinard

Dallas Kinard Active Member

I think it's a HUGE plot hole that Batman and Nightwing are desperate during the battle with Floronic Man, to the point they are bleeding and out of ideas on how to stop him, and refuse to call in JL help that they thought they didn't need earlier. Batman isn't THAT arrogant. The world is literally about to end, and he can't think to give Booster a call? Insane.

5. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Are there any other DC animated movies from the last few years (besides "Batman and Harley Quinn") that could be woven into the DC Animated Universe?

I know they have different animation styles in most of those, but plot-wise, if any of them could fit into the DC Animated Universe, that'd be cool...

6. Dallas Kinard

Dallas Kinard Active Member

Superman: Brainiac Attacks can. PM for details on how to make it work, it's not as hard as most people assume it is (just because you don't like something, doesn't mean you can dismiss it.)

Justice League: God's And Monsters is in the same animation style as JLU and can take place on a parallel DCAU earth, like the Justice Lords.

7. wonderfly

I did some research, and on "Brainiac Attacks", the forum has had this conversation before.

But, per that thread, the creators of the movie say they didn't intend for it to be canon to the larger DC Animated Universe. So there's that.

8. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

9/13: Technically, Batman: The Brave And The Bold, The Batman, Batman: Return Of The Caped Crusaders, and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, are all DCAU canon, via Brave and the Bold's "Night Of The Batmen". But they don't go in the timeline because none of those projects effect the DCAU at large.

I discuss why I didn't include Brainiac Attacks in the beginning of the first post.

9/15: Not sure if this is the right place to put it, but Entertainment Weekly just came out with a DCAU Guide.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/15/dc-animated-universe-guide/

I agree with some stuff (JLU is the best series) and disagree with others (that The Zeta Project and Static Shock are skippable). This also overlooks Gotham Girls and the new film Batman and Harley Quinn. But they DO have rankings for the best 25 BTAS episodes and all episodes of Justice League (not Unlimited).

Edit: Warning about the Justice League rankings: They will piss you off. Metamorphosis, easily the worst episode of the entire series, and one of the worst episode the DCAU ever produced, is ranked ridiculously high (at number 18). The idea that this turd is actually better than Tabulsa Rasa or A Knight Of Shadows strikes me as outright obscene.

Mod Note: Double Post Merged

#48 Fone Bone, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2017
  9. wonderfly

Their picks for the Top 25 episodes of "Batman the Animated Series" are pretty laughable as well. Way too many picks from "The New Batman Adventures" period.

Even though they're not part of the same shared universe, I wonder if it would've helped the article writer to include in the discussion "Legion of Super Heroes", "Teen Titans" and "Young Justice"...

10. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

No way Double Talk, Near Fear, Riddler's Reform, You Scratch My Back, Baby Doll, Judgement Day, Harlinquinade, House And Garden, Shadow of the Bat, Sins Of The Father, Harley And Ivy, or The Man Who Killed Batman is better than On Leather Wings. None. The fact that The Man Who Killed Batman is number 1 is outright laughable.