1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming "Star Wars" Feature Films Pre-Release News & Discussion Part Two (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Yojimbo, Dec 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Darth Vader is probably high on the radar for a solo movie, imo.

2. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Uhhh, dude had three already.
    In terms of Vader, ever since both Ms. Fisher and Mr. Baker passed I've been questioning replacements for Jones. Then I found this too:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.idig...s-disney-must-replace-james-earl-456793?amp=1

Not sure we should go there again unless he guest stars in "Bounty Hunters" or "Obi-Wan".

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

4/29:The upcoming slate of movies will be part of Disney's movies being showcased at D23 on July 15 at 10:30 am. Definitely Last Jedi. Maybe a little of Han Solo.

5/19: There will be a Rogue One prequel comic set for August revealing how Cassian and K-2SO first met.

5/25: Kennedy reveals there's a couple ideas floating and they'll decide on the next spin-off movie in June.

8/17: Obi Wan Kenobi film in development. Stephen Daldry in early talks to oversee. No script yet. greenman started a thread here.

Boba Fett and Yoda films also confirmed in development. Guess we can dust off this Boba thread.

8/18: Now a Jabba the Hutt movie is reportedly to be in development.

9/8: A new report cites Kennedy was rubbed the wrong way and she isn't going to stand for young directors who believe in their hype who come in saying ' I want to do this. I want to do that.' Trevorrow was specifically said to fired for being too egotistical. Trank and Lord & Miller were also brought up in the article.

4. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

#84 Spideyzilla, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2017
  5. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

I mean, what's the point of a Jabba the Hutt film? Nothing.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

6. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Yeah, and the "Rogue One" reshoots were supposedly because the film was too dark and Kennedy and the studio executives wanted to add bunnies and sparkle rainbows to lighten the mood of the film, to make it more enjoyable for kids. And we know how real that news turned out to be.

There might be some truth in the report, but we may never know the real reason why Trevorrow was fired.

Okay, time to cue the "JJ Abrams keeps remaking older films" jokes: Obviously Episode IX is going to end with Kylo Ren betraying Snoke and tossing him off a cliff. Or Poe Dameron dies saving the spaceship from destruction, exposing his body to lethal doses of radiation, and dies in Finn's arms, and Finn yells out "SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKE!"

#86 wonderfly, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  7. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

I think we'll likely know the real reason in the near future.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

8. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

The funny thing is that I've seen some people online say that Trevorrow was fired because his idea was "too original" for Lucasfilm, and that he didn't fit in their supposed mould of rehashing old movies. Guys, did you see Jurassic World? That movie ripped off the original is almost every way. Plot wise it may have been different, but thematically it was a clone, and a very weak clone at that. I don't get the people who want to make Trevorrow out to be a martyr, the climax of JW was the only thing that saved that movie from being a complete disaster. And yes, I buy the concept that he had a big ego and was tough to deal with, I've always gotten that vibe from him when I've seen him in interviews. And to the people who are saying that Lucasfilm is only interested in safe and obedient filmmakers, please watch Rian Johnson's body of work, specifically the episodes he did of Breaking Bad. Lucasfilm has obviously had difficulty keeping directors, but it's not like they're just sitting around hiring the Marc Webbs of the world. I think people are being too hard on Kathleen Kennedy, especially since we don't know all the facts.

And by the way, I'm happy with Abrams coming back. Did I have some issues with TFA? Yeah, but it still managed to be an excellent time at the movies, and a great way to revive the franchise. I found it to better than all three of the prequels combined. I obviously hope they don't just recycle ROTJ, and I do hope they take a few more risks than they did previously. Regardless, he's a fine director, and I have no issue with him being behind the camera. As a writer? We'll see.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

10. the greenman

11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes, I'd love to see one but so much pressure on casting someone to take up the mantle.

12. the greenman

Leia and Luke were 19 yrs old in New Hope. So the actress should be a young teenager. Millie is 13.

13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe. But Fisher and Hamill were in their mid-20s when New Hope was filmed I think. I'm not deep into the fandom of SW, but I would assume Fisher was beloved by all and any attempt to recast her would be highly scrutinized.

14. the greenman

I'm sure, but they would have to do the role justice. Some of those one-liners were ad-libbed. If she or any actress can convincingly do the part correctly, then at this point it will be accepted. Besides we're talking about 5 yrs from now.

• Agree Agree x 1