1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming "Star Wars" Feature Films Pre-Release News & Discussion Part Two (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Yojimbo, Dec 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't think they know what they're doing from one day to the next at this point... Especially since they believe that the one thing the fans wanted to see most at the 40th anniversary panel was a reunion with George Lucas. Try again.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

That should be good to hear since there's been plenty of requested movies over the years like Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Boba Fett. A movie about the siege of Mandalore would be fantastic in my opinion or an Obi-Wan Kenobi movie. I enjoyed Rogue One more that The Force Awakens (though the latter was good), but I'm not interested in the Han Solo movie so it could be hit and miss depending on what this next anthology movie is focused on.

As for the saga movies, I hope they end after Episode IX. I think the original trilogy should be the center of the saga with the prequel trilogy before it and the sequel trilogy after it. Anything else should be standalone in my eyes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Well, I don't mind sequels...but I'm fine if they want to reach a point where they stop given roman numerals to every title. Especially if the focus is going to be away from the Skywalker lineage at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Why not? Its a 40th anniversary panel, Lucas should be there. I hate the prequels as much as anyone, but let's not ignore that he's the guy who created Star Wars, albeit with plenty of help. The last prequel came out 12 years ago, let's move on.
    Haven't they already stopped using the Roman numerals? They were still in TFA's opening crawl, but nowhere else.

• Like Like x 1
  7. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Wow, I don't see alot of hate for Lucas. Especially since Fisher's passing. One of the big sore thumbs was no Ewan McGregor. Which for me lends more credence to the Obi Wan-Rey relationship imho.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

8. defunctzombie

Staff Member Moderator

I'm not saying having Lucas there was a bad thing, he did belong there. They just seemed to hype it way too much. There are other things fans want, like a 4K release of the movies. I know the originals are most desired but the special editions would be welcome, and even if Disney is hesitant to jump into 4K, think how much cash flow and publicity they'd create if they used this event to mark their launch to UHD.

9. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I don't mind anthology movies following Episode IX but another trilogy seemed too much to me. Prequels, originals, sequels sounds like a strong line-up.
    I'm curious where that theory of Obi-Wan and Rey has come from. Obi-Wan had passed away long before Rey was born.
    Trust me, there are a lot more people who want the originals in 4K and no special editions. As for Lucas, I'm glad he and the prequels get less hate nowadays (the prequels to a lesser degree though). He's the creator so I'm happy to see him around. We wouldn't have Star Wars without him and I always think that about any creator who made something amazing.

10. the greenman

Clone Wars series had a potential love relationship of Obi-Wan and Duchess Satine of Mandalore. Then, Lucasfilm went out of their way to rehire McGregor for that scene in TFA for his voice. So coupled with the rumor we may see Yoda and Obi-Wan Force Ghosts, you do the math.

11. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I could see Obi-Wan's Force Ghost (and some others if the movie is really focused on Jedi), but I don't see where the connection is between Rey and Obi-Wan. If he appears, does that mean anything other that him appearing similar to Yoda if the rumor is correct?

As for Satine, as I'm guessing you know, she hasn't been around for years so I doubt she and Obi-Wan had a secret child who's as young as Rey. Unless you're implying that secret child is Rey's mother or father. I suppose that's possible but it's a bit of a stretch to me.

12. the greenman

No, Rey would be his granddaughter. I think Ridley kinda gave us an ambiguous clue, by saying "I thought it was obvious" when asking about her lineage. Of course, this is just a theory. If you take that Jedi mind trick without anyone telling her about that. . .

13. defunctzombie

Staff Member Moderator

Not to go down this road because heck knows I give Disney more money than I should, but they're not stupid. Release the SE 4K version then the originals, people buy both. Release the originals first then the SE...

14. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I understand that, but I hope they release the originals in 4K. IF they choose to release the special editions as well, let people decide if they want it or not following the release of the originals. I'm thinking plenty of people would skip the special editions in 4K if they came out first.

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  16. the greenman

I don't watch that show, but at least they're looking for some new talent.

I didn't see this posted, but Dave Filoni (Avatar: Last Air Bender, Clone Wars, Rebels) was asked about helming a film himself:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.co...irecting-a-live-action-star-wars-film-a150403

17. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Yes! Siege of Mandalore movie, let's go! *clears throat* I mean, if Dave Filoni does direct a Star Wars movie, I hope he gets to bring the Siege of Mandalore to life in all its glory to the biggest audience he can. That would be a fantastic compensation for Star Wars: The Clone Wars not finishing including this story which would've been the truly intended series' finale.

• Like Like x 1
  18. the greenman

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Obi-Wan could be interested since there's the gap between Episode 3 and 4 unless the animated series have touched on it. I don't think he was sitting in a cave all this time. In Rogue One, one could interpret the line about asking Obi-Wan for help (which leads to New Hope) as seeding he's helped the Rebellion off and on. I heard the current Marvel comic told a story about a skirmish with Jabba.

• Like Like x 1
  20. the greenman