1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming "Spider-Man" Feature Film Pre-Release Discussion, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by The Penguin, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond Active Member

Nope. I think what you see is what you get. The design is exactly the same in both images, and I'll wager that the dark and dirty tone you see in the unmasked image is the result of black grease, oil and/or soot from being in a prior battle.

I have a feeling this will look better on film, though, than what people are expecting, with the right lighting, effects and enhancements. But let's not kid ourselves, despite some minor design changes, Spider-Man's costume from the comics isn't all that different from what we see here if it were translated faithfully, which just goes to show you how silly-looking it is in real life. It's just one of those things we have to expect and accept in live-action if we want it to be just like the comic books.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Ducard

Ducard Active Member

3. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

4. mumbo

mumbo Look skyward

Things always look way better once the post-production is done. These are just set photos, of course they look off.

And it's a skin-tight red and blue suit. It's going to look at least a little silly in real life no matter what. McGuire looked silly too.

5. Angilasman

Angilasman Active Member

It does look a bit like some pre-made athletic suit that Peter took and turned into the Spidey suit - which I hope is the story, as I can just about buy Peter making a cloth costume in the comics but not quite the elaborate suit of the film.

6. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

I like it though the soles and lines along the legs seem unnecissary

7. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That's pretty much what I was saying. :D

Lots of set photos make things look worse than they really are in the film itself.

The soles, to me, almost look like something to allow the actor/stuntman to run properly and won't actually be part of the costume in the film. I suppose Peter is wearing at least socks under the leggings, but it's hard to run when you're not in shoes. So it's probably just a piece of "stunt equipment" used during filming when the character's feet are going to be out of frame.

8. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yea that's probably the reason for it. It reminds me of those photos from Captain America when Chris Evans was wearing prosthetic feet.

9. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

[​IMG]
    After I got pointed to an image showing a wrestling costume from a modern mini-series about the early days of Peter Parker as a wrestler this suit is based on, I'm hoping we'll see the suit corrected near the end of the movie and for the upcoming films

10. Sonic_Eclipse

Sonic_Eclipse Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!

So the suit is based off of one Marvels, even it was a Mini-series. Cool.

Either way, I don't think the suit is that bad looking, it doesn't departure to much from the source material where you can't recognize it right away, anyone could tell thats Spider-Man. The only thing I don't like about it are the silver circles on his wrists. I know they're suppose to be the web-shooters, but the circles are too big and too far back, shrink and move them closer to the hand a bit and it would be awesome. And then there's the red stripe running down his legs, it just doesn't mesh well with the rest of the suit to me.

But after seeing that image of the comic above, I'm confident the costume will probably change a little bit towards the end of the movie.

11. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

All this business with the suit aside, What about music. I would like some thing a bit more up lifting, Like that music from 1977 Spiderman tv show pilot movie,. What do you think?

12. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Invincible

I'd rather hear something more contemporary like we got in the 2001 version.

13. JasonFox

JasonFox The Maniacal Movie Critic

I kinda like the dripping tone of the suit.

Though my excitement for the film is minimal as I never was dedicated to the Raimi Trilogy. I can say I am a big fan of Andrew Garfield since he really broke out as a star in 2010.

Costume looks great though I hope the lighting gets a lot better (which no doubt it will due to a fan picture)

14. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

I don't know it was kinda depressing for a lively guy like Spider man

15. Beat

Beat Retired

It looks awful, especially compared to the older Raimi suit.

I dunno, I'm not feeling it.

16. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

17. Red TF Ranger

Red TF Ranger Member

It would be kind of cool if they played a snippet of music from the 70`s series.I believe they did that with the last Hulk movie.

Although I can hear moviegoers now..
    "What`s the deal with that 70`s disco music they just played?"

18. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond Active Member

I know I wouldn't mind seeing a little montage of swinging scenes set to the psychedelic soundtrack to "Revolt in the Fifth Dimension." :D

19. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Tobey Maguire's seal of approval on the costume is supposed to do what exactly?
    Personally, I think its fine on Garfield. Alot of what is said is gonna be polite. I remember Stan Lee grinning for the camera on the set of FF, knowing full well this was gonna be a turkey, but the checks in the mail and it better not bounce.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.