1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming "Spider-Man" Feature Film Pre-Release Discussion, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by The Penguin, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superpan

Superpan Member

Actually, he was in two episodes, and the Daily Bugle still played a rather large part. However, while this would be a new way to go, it might be interesting. After all, Robin has played a long and important role in the Batman mythos, yet that doesn't affect stories that choose not to use them. In an age where not as many kids get jobs during the school year, I think it won't affect the Spider-Man story. Besides...I'm almost scared at the list of good actors who've played JJJ. How long can they keep that streak up?

2. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

Actually, JJJ showed up in that show, but wasn't very prominent. He was voiced by Keith Carradine.

EDIT: Beaten to it.

3. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Oh, good to know. Havne't seen the series in a while so I forgot about him. Either way I still don't think he's essential for a good Spider-Man story.

4. Mist

Mist Celebrating 20 Years of Sonic

I don't understand why he uses mechanical webshooters in the comics. I thought his DNA was fused with a spider. If he can climb walls, then doesn't it make sense that he could shoot webs from his wrists too?

5. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The mechanical webshooters were basically a testament to Peter Parker's scientific genius, although I'm not sure if that's why Stan Lee created them for him instead of giving him organic ones. The organic webshooters originated in the films, I believe by James Cameron himself when he wrote his first screenplay, while attached to direct in the early-90s.

6. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I've always loved the mechanical webshooters but I never had any issues with the organic ones making it into the Raimi movies. Personally, the argument against the mechanical webshooters is kind of silly. As far as I'm concerned, it's no crazier to imagine this brainiac of a 16 year old accidentally came up with the web fluid and was able to create a device that made it usable, as it is to imagine that this kid became such a great costume designer and capable tailor in a such a short period of time and without any real kind of prior experience.

7. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond Active Member

I love both ideas, mechanical or organic webshooters. Either one works for me.

And if anyone wants to argue that spiders don't shoot webs out of their wrists, well I can counter with the fact that Spider-Man is NOT a spider! He's a man that has been mutated by a spider -- therefore his mutation can allow for his spinnerets to be anywhere! Would you prefer his webs shoot out his butt!?

8. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well you tell me?:p

[​IMG]

9. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That reminds me of Miguel O'Hara discovering his new powers in Spider-Man 2099: "...web spinners all over my forearms. Which beats shooting webbing out of my butt, I suppose." :D

10. Bat-Fan Beyond

LOL! That's great! What is that from?

11. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

That's the Brown Widow from Venture Bros.

12. Bat-Fan Beyond

Cool, thanks. :)

13. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I always thought the organic web shooters was cooler.
    It's a power I always expected Spider-man to naturally have.

14. CyclonatorZ

CyclonatorZ Active Member

I have no problems with mechanical web-shooters - that is by far the least of my worries for this reboot. They already used the organic webs for three movies, so going back to the comic-book approach is hardly a problem. In fact, in general, I appreciate the fact that they're doing a lot of different things with this reboot - my problem is that I'm not so certain the excecution will be sound. The possible script has all sorts of problems, ranging from the aformentioned lack of side-characters to the plot holes and potentially too many flashbacks. It might still turn out to be better than the sum of it's parts, but I'm not sure it will be able to match the excellence of the first two Raimi movies. :eek:

15. KCJ506

KCJ506 Active Member

I don't care if his webshooters are mechanical or organic. I just can't believe people would let a small change like that ruin the movie for them. If it's their preference then I understand. But saying it ruined the movie for them is a bit extreme.

16. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

17. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

The article there :^: speculates this may be a stunt version of the costume so it may not look exactly like that. It looks to me like an athletic body suit Peter made a mask for which makes some sense. With this look at it, I would hope this is an earlier version that Peter replaces either later in the movie or the next one.

18. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

It looks like a speed walker or a badly painted figurine.

19. CyclonatorZ

CyclonatorZ Active Member

Gosh, I hope that's true, because that costume looks absolutely awful in that shot! The colors are incredibly gaudy and make it look like something out of a video game... not what I'm looking for in a Spiderman movie reboot. :eek:

20. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's probably either an early version of the suit before he switches to the darker-looking one that's already been revealed, or one of those things where different colors are used during filming but then look different once the film is properly color timed in post-production. I know I've seen other things done like that, where a certain color is chosen because it photographs differently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.