1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming Nick Programming

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by rockorockorocko, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

Just read the blog article on I Am Frankie, and I just have one word to say about that show:

BORING!

Basically, it's another metaphorical show about school life in which the main character has a "big secret"...which could be anything, especially when it comes to being "different"*. Once again, the main concept is only there to get viewers to watch. In reality, the whole "android" thing is just another metaphor for life (or "adolescence" as the writers would like to put it), and all the (stereotypical) things that come with it. Oh yeah, AND it's yet ANOTHER attempt to relate/appeal to certain groups of people, when in reality, it's just another show that like to think it knows the viewers, and thus implies that everything that happens in the show (especially everything that happens to the main character) is supposedly what "everyone" goes through in school, which goes against everyone being unique...which we are (though we're also similar in some ways), but anyway...

In short, it's yet another series that tries to tell the viewers what to think, and overall, doesn't really allow anyone to imagine the possibilities (oh yeah, and shows made for the parents are just as bad about it as well), and is ultimately another show that basically says "this is way things work, and there's nothing you can do about it". The worst part? People have already seen "My Life as a Teenage Robot" (yeah, yeah--human looking android vs. actual mechanical robot girl--details, details; the intention is there), even if it was an animated comedy show (i.e., vs. this show being a live-action drama). What's this show going to do if the school board finds out she's an android: have her sent to a school/class more appropriate for her "age"?...

UGH! :(

(Okay, okay, so that probably won't happen [exactly], given that this is a drama rather than a comedy, but you get the idea.)

*I'm using quotes here because "different" has been known to be used as an excuse treating other people like they're strange/"not normal"/etc.

2. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Unoriginal yes, but still I can't really blame them for trying something like this. The results are going to be predictable but I think this stuff is something they are probably going to do to get a larger female audience, given they have really gone down on those shows.

3. Micahel Cataldo

I'm looking forward to watching I Am Frankie. Are you guys looking forward to it also?

4. LincBubbles

LincBubbles A large Loud House fan

Nope, because it's another one of those stupid telenovela adaptions that they keep green-lighting... (Every Witch Way, WITs Academy, Talia in the Kitchen)

5. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Well-Known Member

Sounds like an inverse Teenage Robot to me.

6. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

I'm looking to I Am Frankie, too. :)

7. 90'sKid

90'sKid Well-Known Member

Any news/inform on that RML special? I'm intrigued.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

You mean at the upfront? They didn't say anything we didn't already know.

9. 90'sKid

No I mean in general, aside from rumors from a year ago I know nothing about this RML project.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. PinkiePie97

• Like Like x 1
  11. 90'sKid

• Like Like x 1
  12. PinkiePie97

It appears Nick is working on a 66 minute made for TV movie that will feature comedy and elaborate action sequences. They're also looking for an executive assistant on an unnamed new animated series, but I'm not sure if it's already been announced and they just didn't say what it was or it's something that's currently unannounced.
    http://nickalive.blogspot.com/2017/03/nickelodeon-animation-studio-reveals.html

13. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

14. LincBubbles

LincBubbles A large Loud House fan

15. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

I think it's too early for Loud House movie right away. The series debuted last year and currently in season 2. I doubt there might be two part special or movie in season 2, I'm hoping it might happen in season 3, just wouldn't get hopes up.

For thundermans filming movie. I think it's nice for new change. Love the pics for beach scene.

16. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

• Like Like x 1
  17. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

That's exactly what I was thinking. When he said "they should've done a Loud House movie" I thought "I WANT SO MUCH"

18. toonmaster17

toonmaster17 Member

Henry Danger/Game Shakers crossover coming this Fall!

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Henry Danger sure does have a lot of crossovers.

20. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

It should have since it's very popular. Frankly, I'd love to see some Loud House crossovers.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.