1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Untitled Obi-Wan Kenobi solo film News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by the greenman, Aug 17, 2017.

1. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Lucasfilm quietly confirms they are working on an Obi-Wan Kenobi film:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...star-wars-film-planned-director-talks-1030505

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

No surprise there but glad to have it and the others confirmed. No script yet but I guess the question is McGregor or recast?

3. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I still think it's McGregor. He mysteriously was a no show for the 40th Anniversary panel at Star Wars Celebration. Not even a video correspondence. I mean granted there were some plausible reasons. 1. He was tied up with "Trainspotting 2" press junket schedule which released just the month before. 2. He may have simply cost too much (he's been pretty busy just this year). 3. They may have already told him this was in the works, and told him to sit this year out until an official announcement.

The question I have is are they going to delve into a pre-Episode 1 Obi-Wan or just time jump between that and senior Obi-Wan pre-Episode 4?

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I think the latter. I believe either Rebels or the current comics or both are starting to peel at those stories. It was left pretty wide open to be explored, well, now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Yes! Obi-Wan is one of my favorite characters so I was hoping for this to become a reality like many others. I expect the movie to take place not long after Episode 3 to avoid the comics and Rebels stories.

It would also allow some flashbacks from the prequel era as Obi-Wan takes in all the changes that have taken place in his life. It would be great if characters like Yoda, Anakin, and Mace Windu could show up again and even the live-action debut of Ahsoka Tano.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

And I'll say this: Ewan McGregor needs to return since his portrayal of the character was one of the good things from the prequels.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator