1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs on Twitter and Facebook!
    Go here to Follow Us and RT on TWITTER
    Go here to Like our page and Share the Giveaway Post on FACEBOOK
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

Unreleased DuckTales episodes in the intro?

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by f71556, Jun 7, 2011.

1. f71556

f71556 New Member

I have noticed that there are some clips in DuckTales intro that is not shown in any of the 100 episodes, I think there are four or five. Check out the pictures below.

Where do these clips come from, or is it unreleased episodes or whatever it may be. What do you people think or is there somebody who knows for sure?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

/Fredrik

2. snowpeck

snowpeck Member

Either animation created especially for the main title or for some sort of promo film. Not from any episode.

3. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I am thinking that it was either made for the theme song or it was from deleted scenes of some episodes (the former being more likely).

4. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

I've never worked for Disney or anything, but I'm pretty sure those clips were just made specifically for the show's opening title sequence. That was the norm for a lot of Disney animated shows during that time: the openings would consist of clips from various episodes intermixed with some bits of original animation. I don't think any of those clips were from actual episodes.

5. f71556

f71556 New Member

I do not think the clips are deleted scenes from any episode, none of the clips fits in any episode. However, I found a picture on the net that seemed familiar. There is a Carl Barks series from 1943 "Donald Duck and The Mummys ring"(picture published in 1984) http://www.mazda818.se/Carl Barks 1984.jpg , it is very similar to the mummy from the introclip. It was of course a number of Ducktales episodes of Carl Barks comics as a model. This was very interesting, I think. Do you really believe that they plotted extra clips just for the intro?

/Fredrik

6. TServo2049

TServo2049 THE WORLD'S GREATEST DETECTIVE

These were indeed original animation. IMDB says that the title animation was directed by Sam Cornell. (He didn't get onscreen credit on DuckTales, but he did get a "title design" credit on The Wuzzles.)

Cornell was mostly a commercial animator/director (in the late 80s, he was working at FilmFair, and set up Cornell/Abood in 1990), and he did quite a bit of special-projects work for Disney in the 80s. He supervised the animation for specials like Donald Duck's 50th Birthday, Mickey's 60th Birthday, and Mickey's appearance in The Muppets at Walt Disney World.

7. f71556

f71556 New Member

Thanks for the info!

What means with "original animation"?

Employee disney really Sam Cornell just to direct the intro, the intro must have been directed after the episodes were clear, can not then these clips be leftover clips to episodes that never became complete? I am thinking extra on the clip with the mummy who really is that history of Carl Barks.

/Fredrik

8. bat313

bat313 Active Member

no, these were made just for the intro. They are not deleted clips.

9. f71556

f71556 New Member

Ok, then i know.

But what means with "original animation"?

/Fredrik

10. bat313

bat313 Active Member

He just meant they were created just for the intro. They are not deleted scenes. They are original or unique to the opening credits. Get it?

11. f71556

f71556 New Member

I think I understand now, the clips in the intro that is not listed in any episode was signed simply to fill out the intro.

/Fredrik

12. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Sometimes they did this and sometimes they didn't. The Rescue Rangers theme was entirely show footage, but TaleSpin's was mostly clips from a one-minute promo animation they put together for the suits to see.

13. Elven Moon

Elven Moon hiya, toonsters

I always simply assumed the animation was original. The clips didn't really "fit" with the series (like the camera angles and such).