Universal Kids (formerly Sprout) (TALKBACK)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by barcncpt44, May 1, 2017.

1. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

2. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

I have to disagree with that. "Trying to become like Disney Channel"? The Disney Channel has been around since 1983, although it's been 21 years since it's relaunched in its current form, so that statement is subjective either way. No offense, but one channel picking up a show that aired on a previous channel doesn't suddenly mean they're becoming like that channel.

3. Nexonius

Nexonius Ten, count em', ten years!

Well I was looking at my guide the other day and I saw two shows that are coming to the Sprout block, previously aired on Playhouse Disney and Nick Jr. respectively. Charlie & Lola and Olivia are supposed to air next week. Olivia's case is interesting enough considering that the character and show are owned outright by DreamWorks Classics, which is part of the NBCU family.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Ryan

Ryan Well known for talking about Canada.

Hey they also aired Ollie! The Boy Who Became What He Ate in November 20th, which aired here on CBC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

Not anymore, buddy. Universal Kids' schedule shows Dot. and Nina's World instead of Olivia and Charlie and Lola. Either two things happened:
    1. They've been rescheduled for a later date, or,
    2. Disney and Nickelodeon may or may not still have the rights to Charlie and Lola and Olivia respectively.
    I think it's mostly option one.

#405 superkeegan9100, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  6. Nexonius

Well, Olivia is coming next week. On the UK side, it looks like Inspector Gadget is coming next week as well.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Ryan

Ryan Well known for talking about Canada.

I'm pretty sure they airing Season 1, as here in Canada they STILL airing the first season on the English Teletoon, while French Teletoon does get Season 2. Hopefully they will air Season 2 on the English Teletoon next year.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Nexonius

Starting Monday, at 6PM there's going to be 15 minute specials circulated around DWA, listed as "DWA Special". The week after that focuses on the Book of Dragons short.

Also, not only are newer Land Before Time movies airing next Friday, but so are the first three An American Tail movies, which I don't believe ever aired on the channel before. In addition, several DWA specials ranging from Dragons to Kung Fu Panda are going to air on the 25th.

Lastly, Charlie and Lola looks to be premiering on the 27th. Talk about changes in the lineup.

• Informative Informative x 1