1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Uncensored Music Videos

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Carlos, Mar 4, 2005.

1. DarT

DarT The Weekender

Annoying beeping noises, static and blank silence isn't the only type of censorship that exist in songs ya know? Record scratching noises and other techniques are sometimes used. Most of the censored songs I have, have record scratches to block out the foul language.

2. RAINMAN

RAINMAN Kikoutei Densetsu

MTV cenorship is weird. They censor sir mix a lot baby got back but not arrow smith living on the edge whit him in the nude?

3. Carrieattheprom

:mad: Rrrrrrrrr..... I can't remember the band/artist who did a song called "Jimmy" (at least I think that's what it was called) anyway there were complaints about the music video. Aparently they show a boy take a gun to school and shoots himself in front of his classmates.(You don't see him shoot himself, you just see the kids in the first row get splattered with his blood. The kids also do a Nazi(sp?) salute, and the American flag is upside down. I remember seeing a special about censored videos on either VH1 or MTV. I think there had been an interview with the band about the video and what kind of message they were trying to potray with it.(Easy enough, School is Hell on Earth) I don't believe in censorship.Still, I understand why people would be upset.

4. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Active Member

That would be Pearl Jam and "Jeremy" (though the ending is vauge,,if jeremy shot himself, then why are none of the "shocked" students showing ANY movement,,not even blinking?) Another controversial vid from around the same timeframe is alice in chains "rooster",,it aired once or twice before vietnam vets complained (ironically, the song is a salute to veterans). It didnt get airplay again until 1999 when mtv played it during a marathon of heavy metal videos.

5. NachoHat

NachoHat Counting down the hours

That really doesn't sound like it'd be any better than any of the things I listed. Possibly even worse.

6. DarT

DarT The Weekender

Well maybe you don't like it but it's popular in hip hop, and it's not only used for censoring.

7. NachoHat

NachoHat Counting down the hours

I like it when it's part of the song.

I don't like it when it's used to replace cursing or something considered offensive. It, like all other forms of censorship, simply breaks up the way the song should sound.

8. Jon Hanson

Jon Hanson Mr. Misery

When the dditing is done by the artist it usually sounds pretty good, like, I think, with the Beastie Boys' last CD, but when people who aren't artists do the editing it sounds stupid and out of place. I think Check it out by the Beastie Boys edited is better than the unedited version, but that's just me.

9. RAINMAN

RAINMAN Kikoutei Densetsu

The edits out the true ending of the black and white video when MJ goes ape slag busting windows on a car.