1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Uncensored Music Videos

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Carlos, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Carlos

Carlos Active Member

How many people have watched a music video by an artist on T.V. only to find out later that there is an uncensored version of it? For example, a while back, I saw 504 Boyz "Wobble Wobble" on BET and thought it was the only version of the music video. A few months later, I was on the internet and found out about an uncensored version which featured women really "wobbling.":sweat:

2. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING
    Staff Member Moderator

Although I think there is only one version of this video, I was surprised to see Nelly's "Tip Drill" being very sexually explict. Now I understand why some were protesting this video(although I think the song is kinda catchy).

3. sdp

sdp miscrave

Launch.com usually airs them uncensored.

4. DarT

DarT The Weekender

I for one think it's terrible how music videos contain half-naked women dancing around. The point of a music video is to add-on to the tasteful meaning of the song. But what's the point of making a music video when you're going to brag about how much money and women you have. Music videos by rap artists such as D12 and Nas, are either funny or has meaning. These are the kind of music videos I admire.

5. Zach Williams

Zach Williams Active Member

They do for about a week, then censor them or delete them. For example, T.I.'s Let's Get Away, Eminem's Mosh got censored eventually. Nelly's Tip Drill got deleted.:sad:

Anyway, about 90% of rap music videos have an uncensored version, watch BET UNCUT or search online, you'll most likely find one. Especially if we're talking about a song like "Freek-A-Leek" or "Wobble Wobble".:sweat:

6. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

But what about when the meaning of the song IS half naked women dancing around?

BET's uncut specializes in underground and "uncensored videos". With a lot of the songs being booty shaking club (and stripe club) type music. So the atire of the women and the style of the video usually fits that mold.

7. krazymed

krazymed Active Member

My gripe with "uncensored" music videos is that other than bad language we've all heard before or sexual content that doesn't really deliver (women wearing thongs dancing around, been there, done that), they have nothing to offer. Where's the blooper reel?

8. NachoHat

NachoHat Counting down the hours

Somehow, I didn't realize that Radiohead's "Paranoid Android" video was censored. I guess I just figured that the breasts were always censored or something. I dunno.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

9. DarT

DarT The Weekender

I actually prefer the songs to be censored. It sound better than cursing.

10. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

Actually the censoring doesn't always involve "cursing". Sometimes they do so just because of the way in which some words are used or what the words are.

I know they cut out the words "tongue" out in Trick Daddy's Sugar song when the hook says "sugar on my tongue".

Gun references ,gang references and other words are also censored.

11. NachoHat

NachoHat Counting down the hours

Yeah, I love it when there's just blank silence! AWESOME! Actually, you know what's better? Annoying beeping noises! Or static! I love static! They're much better than actual lyrics!

To each his own I guess, but I won't pretend I understand how that's better.

12. bluedeucedodge

bluedeucedodge Went out on Top

Speaking of "naughty" videos, has anyone seen 50's "Disco Inferno" video? He got like 40 adult film actresses and made a vid in LA. It is .....pretty good.

13. Style

Style The Green Style Returns

Wow... St. Louis must be liberal on how things are aired, because "Sugar on my tongue" gets aired unimpeded around here.

14. bluedeucedodge

I know that they edit it on BET, MTV and MTV2. I still don't see why though. It isn't very explicit.

15. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

Didnt even know he had a video for that song it must be getting late night play.

16. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Active Member

While we're discussing uncensored vids, is there an uncensored version of beck's "loser" video? I want to know why his head is blurred in the begining (or is that intentional ?)

17. Kid Cloudkicker

Kid Cloudkicker keeper of the cheese

the rumor with the blurred part of Beck's "Loser" video is that he was wearing a Stormtrooper helment and they were worried that they might get in trouble with George Lucas for some kind of infringment kind of thing........that's the rumor i heard.:confused:

18. bluedeucedodge

Yeah I caught it on BET Uncut last week. They play it like 3 times every night on there.

19. armerelhaV

armerelhaV Member

I found a site while I was searching for the Tip Drill video (what, I was curious!). I'm scared to link it because of infringement or something, but I suppose you could always PM me, or something...

20. Nin-Nin69

Nin-Nin69 [CUE SQUEALING FANGIRLS]

Not to get off topic here, but I heard Playboy TV many moons ago played uncut music videos during the day for filler.