1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors "Inhumanity" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Aug 4, 2015.

?

Rate this Ultimate Spider-Man episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

50.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

50.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out an all-new episode of Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors tonight on Disney XD! This time, Spidey meets the Inhumans!

[​IMG]

Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors "Inhumanity"

Episode Debut - August 4th, 2015
    Directed by: Kalvin Lee
    Written by: Geoffrey Thorne

Spider-Man is the only one prepared to support Triton of the Inhumans as he returns to his home city to stop his people attacking and save New York from a war between S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Inhumans.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

My opinions of the episode:
    + It surprises me that Triton was recrutied off-screen, but I guess there must be more important events incoming to have skipped this. It surprises me that he's a "exchange student" too.
    + Molten Man, this is a guy that I really didn't expected to see in the series. I guess we can put him in the same group of the animated "Superior Foes of Spider-Man"; along with Shocker, Grizzly and Boomerang. You know?, in comics, Molten Man is actually a friend of Spidey (check "Spectacular Spider-Man"); but they have turned him into a real villain in this version. I guess the "friend" part was passed to this series' version of Rhino.
    + I have to say, one thing that I couldn't stop thinking, is that Triton doesn't really fit in SHIELD's Academy. I mean, back in his appearance in "Hulk and the Agents of SMASH", he didn't look like a teen at all. I keep thinking that Crystal would have been a more suitable candidate here.
    + Speaking of which, another thing that I couldn't stop thinking is "WHERE THE WEBS IS CRYSTAL?". It has been really stupid to remove her from the episode. It didn't happen anything to her in the other series ("Avengers" and "SMASH") to justify her absence! I still believe she deserved to be in the Academy way more than Triton.
    + Good thing the reference to Ms Lion, from "Spider-Man and his amazing friends". Only problem is, it wasn't actually Spidey's dog, but Aunt May's pet dog.
    + I know this episode technically happens before the Halloween episode, but when Attilan started to descend, there was a scene where I think I saw Jessie with a different kid (not any of the Ross Kids). Maybe she simply looked similar after all.
    + Good thinking for Spidey to use Black Bolt's voice to stop Attilan, and it was good to see him using his most powerful weapon again; this time with "Peace".

+ Another thing bothering me about this whole thing is, when did exactly this episode happen? I mean, considering the previous appearance of the Inhumans in the "SMASH" series, I believe this series should have been shown way later, to respect continuity. Makes me think that between the "Rampaging Rhino" episode and this one, a lot of stuff happened. Like, Hulk leaving the Avengers and forming the Agents of SMASH; then we have their adventure with the Inhumans, when they decide to stop being hidden. Besides:
    - Since when can Attilan fly? In its last appearance, it was stuck on the Himalayas.
    - Where did Maximus get his new outfit? And why he wasn't imprisoned after his last plot back in the series of "Hulk and the Agents of SMASH"?

*Maybe it's just me, but with Armin Zola returning soon, do you believe we are getting close to an animated version of "The Clone Saga"? I mean, Zola could share some of his tech with Octopus (which we know he will thanks to SDCC 2015), and just like in the Ultimate Comics, Octopus could end creating the clones of Spider-Man. Besides, the clone-thing had several references back in "Spider-Verse". I can imagine which clones he could create (Kaine, Ben Reilly, Ultimate Tarantula, Ultimate Spider-Woman and Superior Spider-Man). I'm tired of the mind switcheroo with Spidey in the series, and considering my deep hated for "Superior Spider-Junk", this is the only way I can accept an animated adaptation. After creating several clones, Octopus transfer his mind into the body of a "Super-Spider clone" to become the "Superior Spider-Man". Then, he kidnaps and replaces Spider-Man somehow; keeping him locked somewhere.

3. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Decent episode. I'm not really a huge fan of the Inhumans so Triton's introduction to the show didn't really do anything for me. The other Inhumans were handled pretty well I guess, at least I can say I enjoyed this episode more than their appearance on Hulk & the Agents of SMASH. I would have liked to see Crystal as well, not only as a picture, but I'm guessing she'll appear eventually. How she'll actually be portrayed, that's a different story.

The fight scenes were pretty good and it was great seeing the Molten Man on this show. Also liked the fights between Spidey and the Inhumans, pretty good stuff. Maximus the Mad was a decent villain, but resorting to mind-control again was pretty boring. I liked the way Black Bolt chose peace and saved the day, that was a great little moment. The humor wasn't too bad this time - I thought Triton's reasoning for choosing Spidey as his ally was pretty funny. Also dug the allusion to Ms. Lion, from Spider-Man & his Amazing Friends.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So we get some focus on Inhumans. Surprised we're getting it this early since the Inhumans movie won't be out for a good long time. I don't really know much about them outside what little I read about them on Wikipedia. I know them best from the Fantastic Four cartoon from the 90's.

A pretty standard episode of this show, I must say. I do admit I enjoy the superhero school setting they have going on, it's a personal favorite trope of mine, and I hope stories from it will be mined for a good long time. Hopefully they'll get other young Marvel heroes to attend, like characters from Avengers Academy or even the Runaways.
    Sure would be nice if they form some kind of rivalry with a certain mutant school....

5. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

I don't really know much about the Inhumans from the comics and I didn't see the Agents of Smash episode, so I'm not sure if the ep did the Inhumans justice. I thought the episode itself was a little weak. The writing was pretty patronizing and there are holes in a couple places, like Spider-Man putting the fate of New York and Attilan in Black Bolt's hands despite only knowing him for a few minutes and having never seen his powers in action.