1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors "Burrito Run" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 28, 2015.

?

Rate this Ultimate Spider-Man episode

1. *****

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out an all-new episode of Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors tonight on Disney XD! Be sure to have a supply of burritos nearby to enjoy while watching this episode!

[​IMG]

Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors "Burrito Run"

Episode Debut - July 28st, 2015
    Directed by:
    Tim Maltby
    Written by: Mairghread Scott

Craving Mexican food Spider-Man, Power Man and Squirrel Girl sneak out after hours for late-night burritos. Along the way they must contend with some of Spidey's enemies.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

My opinions:
    + I didn't expect Hawkeye appearing here, although I would have loved to see him a little humiliated by Spidey. I mean, Hawkeye is good, but not even he should be able to surprise someone with Spider-Sense, don't you think?
    + Ha! I knew it!! Shocker and Boomerang have their official debut in this episode.
    + Not pun intended but, Shocer's introduction was... well... Shocking!!
    + Mesmero hypnotizing the other villains to act as his hechmen. Honestly, from a guy like him, I should have known. Good thinking from Spidey to use the brainwash against Mesmero, as I'm quite sure the other villains wouldn't be happy with their "boss".
    + Putting Mesmero away, I still believe we could use these guys as the animated version of "Superior Foes of Spider-Man". All of them, low rank is Spidey's foe gallery: Grizzly, Batroc, Shocker and Boomerang.
    + Now, we would only need Black Cat in the place of the female Beetle; only for her to swith sides and start flirting on Spidey.
    + By the way, didn't you find weird that Rhino wasn't present along with the rest of the recruits at the end of the episode? Well, I guess he couldn't sleep in those bunks considering the size of his body. Where could he sleep then?

3. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I enjoyed getting more Squirrel Girl here. She's a little odd, but definitely amusing. I especially enjoyed her stealing Michael Keaton's famous Batman line.

Getting to see all the other Spider-villains like Boomerang and Shocker. Even the Grizzly was there.

4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty decent episode. I thought the premise with the heroes deciding to go out on a burrito run was pretty dumb, but this played out rather well in the end. Nice to see some more of Squirrel Girl, since most of the characters introduced this season haven't been used that much. It was a pretty interesting team-up, having only Spidey, Power Man and Squirrel Girl for most of the episode. The opening scene with the training session was decent. Hawkeye's role here was pretty good, I wasn't really expecting to see him as a guest instructor again so soon.

The fight scenes were pretty good. The villains used in this episode weren't the greatest. Mesmero is a pretty boring character but I do appreciate they used him without having to resort to another mind-switch story (like in his previous appearances on the show). I guess the villain I liked the most in this episode was Shocker. The others didn't do much for me - Batroc has been overused, and Boomerang and Grizzly barely got to do anything this time.

All in all, decent stuff. The dialogue still needs some work, and the humor is still kind of lame, but otherwise I don't really have any complaints. The episode could have been a lot worse, I guess.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

I thought this one was okay. I think they've done well adapting Squirrel Girl from a comically overpowered gag character to a member of the team. I'll also take the sardonic Hawkeye we got in this episode over the unfunny class clown we usually get in Assemble.

The fight scenes were okay, Batroc's was the best because of how kinetic the villain was.

I think I complain about the flat dialogue and lame humor every episode, but its not any better here so there you go.

Joey Q= Joe Quesada...pretty sneaky, Sis.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I watched this for Squirrel Girl and I was not dissapointed. She's much more fun than White Tiger.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I appreciated the allusion was a lot more subtle here than on the Superhero Squad Show, where in an episode the heroes were cooking quesadillas, and ended with them smiling towards the camera and claiming that Joe Quesada is their friend.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Joe Quesada, the true villain of the Marvel Universe!

Also, I am not pleased with Misty Lee's voice as Squirrel Girl, I can hear the lady destroying her own vocal cords trying to be a cartoony character. That sort'a stuff is best in the hands of Tara Strong, Laura Bailey, Grey Delisle, Kari Wahlgren, and Mae Whitman.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

Did the characters speak in monotone voices? That would be perfect if they did.

10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I actually thought Misty Lee's Squirrel Girl voice here was way better than how she sounded when she debuted this season. No argument about Quesada though ;).

I thought this episode was far better than I was expecting it to be, where I feared we'd be dipping back into season one quality, and while the premise was a little low-brow I thought it was still a decent and fairly fun episode of Ultimate :).

This was also the first episode to put more of a spotlight and focus on Squirrel Girl, with a lot more lines, character moments, and action then she'd seen so far. And I'd say that was fairly effective in improving the episode, with her cute and zany antics really livening things up and bringing quite a bit of fun to the episodes events. I don't know if that speaks more for the show or Squirrel Girl's character in general, but either way I'm actually hoping we get more from her in future episodes/seasons :D.

I thought Spidey had some really good quips in this episode, particularly during the fights with Shocker and Batroc. See what happens when you don't populate an entire episode with fourth-wall gags USM :p?

I actually felt bad for the villains in this episode. None of them were actually willingly committing any crimes and they still got beat up for their troubles. I mean, it's hard to feel bad for guys like Shocker and Batroc, but I don't think anyone would enjoy being whisked from their apartment and getting mind-controlled into committing crimes and into jail all in one night and with no memory of what happened :eek:.

The various action scenes in this episode were pretty exciting, especially the fight with Batroc, and seeing Spidey, Squirrel Girl, and Power Man battling it out with several Supervillains was cool. Shocker and Batroc giving all three a tough challenge individually was quite a surprise though, so I guess getting mind-controlled somehow also upgrades their competency :confused:?

Boomerang and Grizzly were neat additions, even if they ended up being there just to just pad out the episode with more C/D-list Supervillains, and it was awesome to see Boomerang finally make his debut in animation. Though hearing an Australian accent come out of him while he's wearing his modern costume was really weird o_O.

Hawkeye here was definitely a lot cooler and less annoying than Assemble Hawkeye tends to be, so I guess that's two-for-two of USM doing better with The Avengers than Assemble does (with Hulk and Hawkeye) :cool:.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

In the comics, Boomerang was born in Australia, so it wouldn't necessarily be odd for him to have an accent, especially if he had Australian parents and spent a lot of his early years there.

12. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd like to see more of the villains from this episode (well, maybe except for Mesmero and Batroc...) but I'm guessing Shocker has the best chance to appear again. Maybe as part of the Sinister Six or something. Grizzly seems to be nothing more than a reason to make Yogi Bear jokes on this show.

Ms. Marvel was pretty excited when she mentioned Quesada Joe was her favorite (she was talking about a brand of cheese). Reptil mentioned it was very cheesy. :p

13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I know, it's just that they're using his Superior Foes design where that aspect of him is pretty much thrown out entirely, which is why it's so weird hearing him as an Australian while wearing it o_O.

I'm just glad Grizzly has a mechanical bear suit. That fall would've been pretty deadly otherwise :eek:.