1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors "Attack of the Synthezoids" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Sep 19, 2015.

?

Rate this Ultimate Spider-Man episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

50.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

50.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out a new Ultimate Spider-Man adventure tonight on Disney XD!
    Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors - Episode LXXI - Attack of the Synthezoids. Guest-starring Luke Skywalker as Arnim Zola!

[​IMG]

Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors "Attack of the Synthezoids"
    Episode Debut - September 19th, 2015
    Directed by: Roy Burdine
    Written by: Andrew R. Robinson

Spidey's fellow superheroes have been replaced by synthetic replicants by the evil Dr. Zola. Who can Spidey trust to help save the S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy?

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

There's almost literally nothing to say. Wow.

I think this show would be so much better if Spidey just talked less. The first six minutes were annoying just because he wouldn't shut up. We don't need him to narrate everything that's happening, lol. It feels like some of the old Saturday morning dubbed anime, wen they would have characters talk during silent moments.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not that I disagree, because even with less fourth wall gags Spidey can sometimes talk just a bit too much and Bell doesn't necessarily handle it well, but I thought this was a fun enough episode, more fun then Zola's introductory episode even, and pretty enjoyable all around. The heroes fighting evil dopplegangers or fake versions of their allies isn't anything new, but I thought Ultimate used the plot fairly well. Definitely looking forward to the next part :).

So...Peter has multiple Spider-Man costumes at SHIELD Academy. Does this mean he's just been wearing his costume 24/7 ever since he came to SHIELD Academy? Man, Ultimate Peter really doesn't have a social life outside of being a Superhero :(.

I could tell something was wrong from the beginning when Spidey met Fury and he led Peter into the room, and the "friend" comment clinched it...though I have to honestly ask, did anyone figure out that Fury's eyepatch was on the wrong eye when they first saw that scene :p?

I'm glad Amadeus finally learned about Spidey taking the fall for him with Fury over what happened with Zola last time, and not only felt bad about it but actually tried to make up for it by giving Spidey and Iron Fist a headstart. Amadeus originally ribbing Spidey for it really did not sit well with me, so I'm happy to see it was addressed ;).

If there's any positive for the SHIELD Academy setting, it's seeing some crazy team matchups like Spider-Man, "White Tiger, Rhino, Agent Venom, and Cloak and Dagger all together. Led to some nice scenes like Flash and Alex's vitrolic relationship coming to the forefront again and possibly getting some more resolution in the end. And I'm always happy to get more Cloak and Dagger :D.

I should've known White Tiger was the "mole" as it were. She was way too amiable and not as sassy as Ava usually is :eek:.

I got some Secret Invasion vibes from the whole "Who Do You Trust" element, which I think could've been explored more or better utilized, but I think the touch with the rest of the team not trusting Rhino worked especially considering his being a recent addition to the school and status as a former Supervillain.

Is it just me, or could Hamill stand to ham it up a bit more as Zola? I think the voice fits for the character, but it's so subdued that it comes off as a little boring for me, which is strange to hear considering the kind of villains Hamill usually plays o_O.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Not to much to say but I wish they could drop the trust issues by a hair, since I'm sure there have been episodes that dealt with them having a hard time trusting each other, but I liked how they eventually trusted Rhino but really I wish this episode would have at least shown a little more info on how did this invasion of shield happen, if not im guessing that is what the next episode is going to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty good episode. It started off kind of slow, with some pretty forced humor with Spidey trying to get his friends to believe what happened to him but it got better once the synthezoids attacked. I didn't really think the little introduction to Arnim Zola was necessary since we just saw him a few episodes ago but it was short and harmless enough I guess. I dug the bit with Nick Fury's double wearing the eye patch on the wrong eye, a neat callback to the 90s cartoon series (where Chameleon did the same mistake). I don't understand how Zola did such a dumb mistake, though.

The fight scenes were good. The synthezoids were decent opponents, just as in Zola's previous appearance. The hybrid synthezoids were pretty cool. Kind of creepy but still cool. Another bit I liked was the short scene where Amadeus Cho learns that Spidey took the blame for what he did back in "SHIELD Academy", the episode which introduced Zola on the show. it was a pretty neat moment, but I would have liked to see some more emotion there.

All in all, not bad and a pretty good cliff-hanger ending.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

My opinions:
    + I would like to know how Spider-Man ended in the assimilation tube in the first place. I mean, they could have trapped him while he was sleep, but even so, it's obvious that his Spider-Sense should have awaken him.
    + I gotta say, Spidey has the craziest dreams of all!! It was good to see Midtown High and Mary Jane back, even for a cameo, so I hope they won't put this part of Spider-Man life away for much more time.
    + With the Triskellion destroyed, I hoped Spidey and the other would return to Midtown High, at least for some time. (Although I know they won't). I know we saw the Triskellion "back" in the Christmas special, but since they skipped from Halloween to Christmas just like that, I guessed the months between those holidays had to be in somewhere else.
    + I would really like to know since when Spider-Man has so many costumes in his closet. I mean, knowing SHIELD, I doubt they sewed them for him.
    + The syntho-hybrid-monsters, I have to say, they really made me want to chuck up.
    + Everyone suspecting about Rhino, don't you think that was too obvious? I mean, "Secret Invasion" proved that some times, the most obvious answer could actually be wrong.

+ Boy, I don't know how I'm going to take a whole week waiting for the next episode and discover how this whole thing will be solved. I already hate Zola as much as Doc Ock and the Goblin, and considering the plot for next episode, I'm very worried about what it will happen next. (Although I already knew the answer about what it will happen, the feeling is still there).
    + The more I see it, the more I'm convinced that we are about to see the animated version of a popular Spider-Man's story: THE CLONE SAGA!!! (I mean, Zola create clones, and we already know Kaine will debut as the Scarlet Spider).