1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Spider-Man Vs the Sinister Six "Spider Slayers, Parts 1-3" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Oct 8, 2016.

?

Rate and Discuss this Three-Part Event!

1. *****

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

So far I'm actually liking these episodes. I do think it was cheating for MJ to have already mastered her powers, but since her powers are cool, and she's finally getting to do stuff, I'll forgive it.

I'm still not a Scarlet Spider fan, but his voice actor does a really job with his rage moments.

The fights against the clones were boring in the first part, which is why I was relieved that we got three new ones in part two that had actual designs, powers, and even personalities.

I'm also thrilled about Ock's new design. I never cared for his design in this show; it's just a pity that his new design comes in the final batch of episodes. :p

Arnim Zola is a joke now, basically. I hope he never has to appear again, especially with the limited amount of episodes left.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Here's the cast list for Part 2 of "Spider Slayers".

• Informative Informative x 4
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm guessing this was the episode Scott Porter mentioned recording for a while back, given the voice cast :).

It still feels weird that this Scarlet Spider is called Ben Reilly :sweat:.

And wouldn't it be more accurate to say "Otto Octavius a.k.a Doc Ock?" His name isn't actually Doctor Octopus last time I checked :rolleyes2:.

• Like Like x 3
  4. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

The first half ws kinda ehh. I thought things picked up quite a bit in the second. Felt like that was where the meat of the episode was.

I kinda laughed at how surprised Ock was that Zola changed the passwords.

Oh, yeah. They were in this season.
    My guess is that the less human DNA you have, the more susceptible the synthezoid is to degeneration.

Weapon S was a little on the nose. Logan sitting at home, in nothing but a wife-beater and some boxers, throws his beer bottle at the TV...

• Like Like x 2
  5. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

OK, so Ben Reilly is a clone of Spider-Man. Synthazoid clone. But he's still a clone.

Now, you see Doctor Octopus using nano-machines to make himself look younger and stronger make more sense than looking like the period in the comics when he had a brain tumor and was dying. Now he actually looks like early Ultimate era Doctor Octopus.

I guess credit to Doctor Octopus, he did sort of play the antihero this episode. He did come back and help Spider-Man and Scarlet Spider at least. He did also point out that he has kept Peter Parker's identity secret. Makes me wonder what Doctor Octopus' greater end game is.

Pretty convenient that Hydra Island was going kaput and they were able to get all the Spider Slayers on the spider-jet.

Spider-Man and Mary Jane did get to hug this episode. I would like it if they could actually get together at the end of the series.

Drinking game suggestion: The number of times Scarlet Spider says PUNK.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yep :D.

Killing Spider-Man? That seems to be the only goal he has at this point, or at least the most consistent. It's part of why he didn't get along with Hydra, because they didn't tolerate all the time and effort he was putting into just killing Spider-Man rather then Hydra's goals :ack:.

If this was a season-long drinking game, we'd all be out like a light by the fifth episode :p.

• Like Like x 4
  7. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Spidey and MJ also hugged at the end of Part 1 (even though the symbiote and its spikes got in the way).

• Like Like x 3
  8. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

We got a cool make-over for Ock shortly after they announced the cancellation of this show.
    Looks like a his Ultimate comics design and a blend of the costume of the 90s show with classic design, and a bit of Sinistero.
    I didn't hear the voice of LEGO Human Torch from Bone-Spider, or at least I'm disappointed for not recognizing it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

Maybe he wants revenge against Osborn? The one who was cured, not the one from Miles's reality.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

He's probably the only person Ock hates just as much as he does Spider-Man...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Catch a new episode of Ultimate Spider-Man Vs the Sinister Six, tonight at 8:00PM ET on Disney XD! Tune in for the third and final part of this epic three-part adventure!

[​IMG]
    Ultimate Spider-Man Vs the Sinister Six "Spider Slayers, Part 3"
    Episode Debut - October 22nd, 2016
    Directed by: TBA
    Written by: Marty Isenberg

Spider-Man puts the Triskelion on lockdown when a mysterious villain begins to take out the heroes one at a time.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Additionally, please use spoiler space when discussing upcoming episodes that have yet to officially debut in the US on Disney XD, Ultimate Spider-Man's home network. Don't ruin it for those checking out these episodes out for the first time! Disciplinary action will be taken if necessary. Let's have fun and enjoy this Ultimate Spider-Man event!

• Like Like x 1
  12. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

I hope the next show doesn't spoon-feed the audience backstory like this.

I would say its nice to see some of the old team, but most of them were just slasher bait.

Got a laugh at Venom, a high school boy, thinking that Trojan was a made up word.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Why was Nova leading the charge against Scarlet? He was off helping Fury the entire time Scarlet was at SHIELD Academy. Maybe somebody explained to him what happened but I have my doubts Sam would actually pay attention :p.

I wonder how Fury would handle bringing a traitor back into SHIELD Academy? I'm actually kind of curious to see how he and Scarlet would react to each other in general :ack:.

It was nice to see Squirrel Girl again and playing a decent role in the episode, even if it felt weird to have the rest of Spidey's old team here with her instead of White Tiger. It's like in that Blood Spider universe where Nova was the only member of the original Team missing o_O.

It's great to see the Web Warriors actually doing stuff as a team again, now with Scarlet back and a Spider-Woman Mary Jane Watson in tow. I feel like this team has had a lot of potential, not to mention being a more appropriate group for Spider-Man to lead in a Spider-man cartoon then any of the other teams, and far better writing then the other teams were afforded, but that they really fell by the wayside this season once Scarlet left and the Sinister Six were beaten. And a lot of their "bonding" as a team was relegated to off-screen, including all their time with Aunt May, so it feels like there was a lot more that could've been done with them and they could have been better handled as a group :(.

I'm happy seeing Mary Jane finally playing a significant role in the show again, and actually getting to contribute to the plot and interact with other characters outside Peter, even if we had to infect her with the Carnage Symbiote and turn her into another spider-themed Superhero just to get it. I guess if this show is just going to be 100% Spider-Man instead of Peter Parker, giving his most major love interest superpowers is the only way to keep her relevant, and at least so far it's being handled fairly well (the odd razor sharp appendages on MJ aside) and it's just nice seeing more of Mary Jane again :).

I'm glad Flash's issues with Scarlet continued into this episode instead of just getting dropped, because he has a more justified reason then most to still be ticked off at Scarlet just getting welcomed back to SHIELD Academy. Sure he kinda went a little overboard with it, but this episode also re-emphasized that, while he has a good hear, Flash is definitely not the brightest tool in the shed. But we love him for it :anime:.

Man, the Spider Slayers sure turned back to evil pretty quickly. Guess that means we shouldn't feel too bad about Kaine absorbing them, and it lessens the already bloated cast of spider-themed characters this show has ;).

So...not only is that thing supposed to be some Kaine/Spidercide hybrid, but it's also supposed to be the Ultimate Slayer? Jeez, USM is just throwing all these names and stuff out there that don't even come close to accurately reflecting the comics :sweat:.

• Like Like x 3
  14. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not a lot to say about the episode. It worked pretty well as a conclusion to the Spider Slayers arc. The mutated ultimate Spider Slayer fight at the end was probably the best part, though I also liked the mysterious atmosphere surrounding the identity of who's attacking the heroes. Agent Venom not trusting Scarlet and accusing him throughout the episode got kind of annoying but to be fair he had every right to suspect him this time. Seeing the Spider-themed heroes (including MJ!) in action was cool but destroying the other three Slayers after they were just introduced in the last episode felt kind of pointless to me.

All in all, a decent episode. As for the story-arc as a whole, it was pretty great but the first part was the best as far as I'm concerned. Kind of a similar pattern with the other 3-part arc earlier this season ("Symbiote Saga"), where only Part 1 really impressed me.

• Agree Agree x 3