1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Spider-Man Vs the Sinister Six "Lizards" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Mar 13, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this Ultimate Spider-Man episode!

1. *****

50.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

50.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Catch a new episode of Ultimate Spider-Man Vs the Sinister Six, today at 9:00AM ET on Disney XD! Lizards, Lizards Everywhere! Plus, Fitz and Simmons guest-star!

[​IMG]
    Ultimate Spider-Man Vs the Sinister Six "Lizards"
    Episode Debut - March 13th, 2016
    Directed by: Jae Woo Kim
    Written by: Paul Giacoppo

Due to Vulture’s revelation that Doc Ock has a spy inside the SHIELD Academy, the Web Warriors decide to search for the mole. When they confront Dr. Curt Connors, he seemingly turns himself into The Lizard and attacks SHIELD with a venomous bite that spreads like a virus, also turning its victims into lizards.

“Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Iain De Caestecker and Elizabeth Henstridge voice guest star as their respective characters, Leo Fitz and Jemma Simmons.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

#1 RoyalRubble, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  2. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Well-Known Member

I was right when I guessed Rhino was the traitor.

It was great seeing the new warriors again. So much of this season's focus seems to be on the Web Warriors so it was nice to see they remember the other students.

• Like Like x 2
    #2 Dragnatek, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  3. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Great action, saw the episode on On Demand last night. They really made good use of the lizards and made there seem like there was a sense of danger.

Iron-Fist and White Tiger staying behind to fight the lizards was an example of holding the Idiot Ball.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Once a bad guy always a bad guy in Rhino's case.

5. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Really awesome fights in this one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

My money's still on Scarlet... suddenly just realized Scarlet Spider's first name is Scarlet...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. cjeromek

cjeromek Member

Loved this episode. Great action and was really tense. Can't wait for next week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought this was a really strong and thrilling episode of USM, with some good action, humor, and a little intrigue to really spice things up :).

So Fury and Nova are still missing, huh. Feels like they should all be treating that a little more seriously then just assuming it's for a "secret mission," especially given Fury's condition and Nova's competency :shrug:.

How was Doctor Conners the next in-line to lead SHIELD with Fury gone? Why not Coulson, aside from the fact that he hasn't really been a big part of the show since season 2 and it would be harder to get Clark Gregg back then to just have Conners keep popping up? Or, heck, why not bring in Maria Hill o_O?

Man, the Web-Warriors are as subtle as a sledgehammer :p.

Seeing FitzSimmons on the show, and played by their actors, was cool. The show got their personalities down quite well, and the actors adapted fairly well to voice-acting, and their designs looked good (though I never realized Jenna was supposed to be blonde?). Also cool that they played such a big role in the episode :cool:.

It was nice to see the rest of the SHIELD Academy kids play a role, however minor, in the episode even if pretty much all of them quickly got infected and turned into Lizards. Even Spidey's old team, sans Nova, basically just amounted to Lizard bait and a gag (albeit a funny one) with Power Man :ack:.

I thought this was a strong return for the Lizard, especially with the apparent evolution of Conners' mutation to where it can turn other people into Lizards. Led to some really nice fight sequences and a very tense climax for the heroes. And I, like Spidey, gave Conners the benefit of the doubt given his history with the heroes and the fact that he would never willingly turn himself into the Lizard after all he went through. Though given Lizard was on the promotional poster for "Vs. The Sinister Six," I wonder how long Conners will stay cured this time :(?

I think this is the first time it's come up since Agent Venom's debut that Flash is constantly having to fight the Symbiote's influence to make it work for him. Feels like that could be explored more then it actually is. And I was not expecting Flash to just pop out Venom's face, complete with tongue, like that. I wonder if he can go full-on Venom, or does that risk the Symbiote taking over :eek:.

First time we've seen Scarlet Spider's face, if only partially. He looks fairly normal, but we don't get any distinguishing features otherwise. I think it looks like maybe he and Peter have the same jawline, but that's probably a stretch on my part :sweat:.

The emphasis on Alex and Flash's friendship, and putting him near Ock's cell, really built up to Rhino being revealed as the real traitor. We can only guess why he would go back to being a villain and working for Doc Ock, especially after everything he's gone through to change and become a hero as well as really mending things with Flash and becoming friends with him. Most likely Ock is holding something over him to force Alex to work with him, like his family or a cure for his condition (but it's not like that worked out so well for Adrian...) :mad:.

But I did find it odd that Conners mentioned not being sure of who destroyed all his cure vials. Could there be more then one traitor?

Sinister Six Counter: Ock escapes and Lizard was apparently never up for membership, but Rhino's evident betrayal probably clinches membership in the group for him which would make the Sinister Six at three members strong.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I think Rhino is possibly getting framed here. Either that or Doc Ock is manipulating him or tricking him.

So we still haven't seen Scarlet Spider unmasked, but we did see his clothes all shredded up. Is he supposed to be Peter's clone here?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

Another good episode, this one. But I have some comments:

+ "Do NOT go in there!". Nobody noticed Ace Ventura's allusion?

+ Nobody noticed we almost saw Kaine/Scarlet Spider unmasked at the end? By the few things we could say, it seems this Kaine hasn't have scars as he was originally in the comics; no beard and no long hair either. I wonder how he was cured without Anti-Venom; then again, Anti-Venom is going to debut, so maybe some clues will be revealed. For the time being, I think the fact that he's an older clone of Peter is confirmed, because I would say his nose, mouth and chin match with Peter's.

+ Iron Fist and White Tiger stayed behind to stop the Lizards. Are they dumb or what?

+ In the original preview of this season, there was a pic of the Lizard (along with the other Sinister Six) that had something weird; and now I know what it was. The Lizard in that pic was actually Triton. I have to say, his Lizard's form seemed more suitable for him.

+ Wow! Agent Venom can use the face, teeth and tongue of classic Venom!! Creepy. I didn't see that coming. Quite effective for intimidation, but I had to change my pants after that.

+ Even although Rhino was the traitor, I still want to keep hope for him. He didn't seem happy when he run away with Ock. Either he was affected by Hydra's brainwahing, or Ock has manipulated him in a similar way that Vulture; probably promising him a cure for the Rhino's form. But obviously, Ock doesn't have any intention to do that.

+ I'm starting to really hate Octopus around here. I knew he was going to escape in this episode and kidnap Agent Venom. It would explain the plot of the next episode. Whatever Ock is going to do to Venom in next episode, I suspect it will be the seed to start the future symbiote saga (based on "Maximum Carnage") in the next episodes.

+ Curt Connors seemed a little suspictious at the end. Something tells me maybe Ock doesn't have just one spy in SHIELD. I suspect we will see the debut of Martha and Billy Connors in this season. I don't think Rhino was the one who infected Connors. Contrarily to what Spidey said, there is ONE reason for Connors to turn into the Lizard again: blackmailing from Ock, who has his family kidnapped.

Well, what do you think?

11. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

So after the last two really strong episodes, this one felt...average, I guess. Yet another army of Goblins...I mean Venoms...nope, lizards. :p

The action scenes weren't bad, but there was a sameness to it. Fitz and Simmons were fun to see, though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

I think (and hope) that Rhino will get cured and his father (who would have his same name and be a career criminal) will become the new Rhino.

Welcome to the modern age of Marvel where the SOP formula for telling stories is to 'repeat,rinse,and repeat again".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #12 spyke, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2016
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

In fairness, I think the writing and directing made this episode feel a lot stronger then the last "everybody gets infected" episodes ;).

There was that Rhino toy that implies Alex is either going to get a Sinister Six/Hydra upgrade like Vulture or we're going to be getting a new Rhino. I guess if Alex has another change of heart or really hasn't turned traitor, Ock would want another go at making a Rhino who could serve on his Sinister Six o_O.

I'm still wondering how long into this season before we actually get to the Sinister Six :sweat:?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

I don't what you're talking about the fights in this episode are not that good.

15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought the action was fairly solid and enjoyable, personally, if not as impressive as in Ultron Revolution, but still pretty good :cool:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

I wonder if Rhino will ever get his happy ending.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

I hope not, I never liked Rhino as a hero In the first place.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. superspidey2257

superspidey2257 Your Friendly Neighbourhood Forum User

this was basically just a more intense version of season 2's venom bomb but i enjoyed the episode regardless. I really don't want them to make rhino a villian yet because we have only seen a few episodes of him fighting as a hero and it seems like their is a strong bond between him and agent venom now so i really want the episodes to focus on that more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty good episode. The fight scenes with the multiple lizards were good but it got a little boring by the end. I think I cared more about the few plot points like Agent Venom and Rhino's partnership, the latter's apparent betrayal and Doc Ock's escape, than Connors' story. Probably because it has been used before on the show and the outcome was pretty predictable though I'm guessing there's always the chance of him turning into the Lizard again and join the Sinister Six if needed.

Fitz and Simmons were a nice addition to the show, and they were handled pretty well. I was expecting them to appear only for the training session so it was cool seeing them play a larger role (and turn into lizards as well) in the episode. The humor wasn't that strong this time but other than that I don't really have any complaints. It was still a decent story and it got things moving along nicely setting up future events.

• Like Like x 1