1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Spider-Man Vs the Sinister Six "Graduation Day, Parts 1-2" Series Finale Talkback (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jan 7, 2017.

?

Rate & Discuss the series finale for "Ultimate Spider-Man"!

1. *****

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. ****1/2

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. ***

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

If someone going to pull the "Well Spectacular did it better" card every time someone (like me) compliments USM, and not even explain or give a legitimate reason why, then they're not worth arguing with.

It has happened far too many times to the point of annoyance.

• Informative Informative x 1
    #41 TheLemsterPju, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Relating this back to the finale, I think Spectacular definitely had a better Spider-Signal, since the classic red logo and face is more striking and iconic then the plain white signal used here :).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

I did, if you look at my earlier posts you would know that I think Spec Spiderman did that concept better by not turning Spiderman into Ben 10. No need for the condescending attitude

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

One thing I'd like to add is that even if the new show will focus on Miles & Gwen alongside Spidey/Peter it would still feel a little closer to what I think of a traditional Spider-Man, rather than giving him an entire team (or more) of young heroes to lead. But that's just my take on it.

And regardless of how successful or well-written USM was I think it is still a valid and entertaining take on the Spider-Man mythos. It might not be for everybody but it's still somewhat true to the Spidey spirit from the comics. It had a good run and this finale did the best it could to tie up most of the plot-lines they had going.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

That doesn't make any sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

What do you mean it doesnt make any sense

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

7. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Changing the subject a tad, there are many things in Ultimate I wish the writers would have changed (Season 1's humor) or taken advantage of (Peter relationship with MJ or White Tiger), but I can't change that. With what we got, it was decent. Could it have been better? Heck yeah. Was it the worst Spider-Man cartoon ever? Nope. (That honor belongs to Spider-Man Unlimited.)

As much as I defend this show, I'm aware that it's not for everyone. I know that Season 1, and how drastic of a change it was from Spectacular, left a bad taste in a lot of folks' mouths. That's fine. I don't agree with some of the more violent reactions to it, but that's neither here nor there.

I'm sure the next Spider-Man show will be great and will hopefully change people's minds about Marvel Animation.

• Agree Agree x 1