1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Spider-Man Vs the Sinister Six "Double Agent Venom" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Mar 20, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this Ultimate Spider-Man episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

100.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Catch a new episode of Ultimate Spider-Man Vs the Sinister Six, today at 9:00AM ET on Disney XD! Featuring Agent Double O Venom and Kraven the Hunter!

[​IMG]
    Ultimate Spider-Man Vs the Sinister Six "Double Agent Venom"
    Episode Debut - March 20th, 2016
    Directed by: Roy Burdine
    Written by: Mairghread Scott

Spider-Man and Scarlet Spider must overcome Kraven in order to rescue their kidnapped teammate, Agent Venom.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

#1 RoyalRubble, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  2. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I wasn't really upset with Flash becoming nothing but selfishly obsessed with the Symbiote once he was free from it. Looking at the grey area of it, I see it more as a tragedy. He's been attached to the damn thing so long that he craves it. It ultimately consumed his mind.

What I am a little disappointed about though is that Spidey didn't consider how harmful it was for Flash when he got the symbiote back. Here's hoping that go back to that interesting development. The Venom Symbiote can't be "heroic" and attached to Flash forever.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought this was a solid episode and a good continuation from the last episode, with some great action, nice banter between Spidey and Scarlet, and some good character moments :D.

Please
    Spider-Man, please stop talking to us. It's really distracting. Why do you keep having to talk to the audience to explain things? Is there not some more natural and organic way of explaining to the audience what happened last episode and who "so-and-so" is instead of just continually breaking the fourth-wall because that's been this show's thing (to its detriment in my opinion) since day one? I'm personally just really tired of it :rolleyes:.

Scarlet Spider has some real trust issues, and I have to wonder what's responsible for it and how exactly he ended up being experimented on by Doc Ock and turned into who he is. He has basically no faith in anyone but himself, and he doesn't have that high opinion of himself anyways, which is pretty sad and even when Peter continually tries to impart on him the importance of friendship and teamwork, he's still more concerned with saving his own skin and being pragmatic. At least by the end it looks like he's slowly but surely, and definitely begrudgingly, growing closer with Spidey and the rest of the team :).

I wonder if I should point out the fact that SHIELD and Hydra can apparently build jets that can pass to and from earth and space without any issue. I mean, I know comics, but still :confused:?

So Zola's back and Hydra island is stationed in Earth's orbit, which explains how Ock has been using Hydra resources to continue his plans. We also get to see more conflict between Zola and Ock, as while both are megalomaniacs in their own right, Zola wants Hydra to destroy SHIELD, Fury, and take over the world while Ock is only obsessed with finally killing Spider-Man. Both are using each other to achieve their own respective goal, with Ock's scientific genius improving Hydra for Zola and Hydra's resources helping Doc Ock build up his Sinister Six, and don't make any illusions to the contrary :eek:.

Hey, its the real Venom! After all this time it was actually nice to see Venom again and as an antagonistic force in a Spider-Man show, especially after his long absence. Makes me almost miss the days when he was a consistent antagonist. Though was the Venom Symbiote always intended to destroy Spider-Man? As I recall, Ock just created it from Spider-Man's DNA and it then got loose o_O.

So Rhino did betray the team for a cure to his condition, which is a big change from his original motivation to join the Six and work for Doc Ock, which was was so he would have more Rhino serum. It's a really bad move on Alex's part, especially after what happened with Vulture who also trusted Ock to fulfill his end of a bargain, but obviously he's really conflicted about what he's doing and feels bad for betraying the team and Flash :(.

Though I'm genuinely surprised Ock kept him around after he helped free Flash, even if it also inadvertently helped free the Symbiote. He seems like too much of a liability to allow into the Six :ack:.

Kravenom was interesting, or Lion Venom as I prefer to call him, and made for a good antagonist at the climax and with a cool design, though I was more impressed by Kraven's previous display of craftiness and skill before he got infected by a Symbiote, even with that bulky armor :cool:.

Flash seemed kinda...off, once he was separated from the Symbiote. Maybe he was just disoriented from the whole thing, but it seemed like losing the Symbiote after being bonded to it for so long had a big mental effect on him. The way Flash makes it out, he and the Symbiote have become friends and partners after all this time of working together, which helped him draw it back besides having the benefit of being a previous host. We even got an Agent Venom upgrade out of it, which looks about as different cosmetically as Power Man's new costume . That is to say, not much :sweat:.

I did really like the moment where Spidey was able to get Flash back after he'd transformed into Venom, complete with the "We are Venom," by appealing to his loyalty and love for Spider-Man ;).

Sinister Six Counter: Rhino has effectively joined at this point, and...maybe Kraven is a member? If he still wants to be in the group after being turned into a big, giant, lion Venom. Still, the Sinister Six currently now stands at three members strong.

• Like Like x 1
  4. superspidey2257

superspidey2257 Your Friendly Neighbourhood Forum User

Kravenom had the most badass design out of all the villians i have seen on this show so far!
    Rhino's dillemma is also currently hitting me right in the feels,the dude has to do everything to get a cure and now doc ock has set him back to stage 1 :(

• Like Like x 2
  5. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

What kind of upgrades do you think we will se in the new Agent Venom? I thought the Symbiote absorbed Kraven's armor just like it assimilated pieces from the Beetle's armor, but it didn't. What do you think?

6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought this was a pretty good episode. It was nice seeing Spidey and Scarlet Spider working together on a mission again, and the latter's extreme trust issues. It was interesting how it all seemed to hint at his past but didn't exactly reveal anything. I like how his origin is still pretty much a mystery but I do hope stuff will be explained later on. I also liked how he learned something about working with a team by the end of the story.

Kraven was a decent opponent but he was much more impressive once the Venom symbiote bonded with him. His design looked pretty awesome and the few action scenes he took part in were cool. Agent Venom was handled pretty well though Flash didn't really add much to the story other than saving the heroes by wearing the symbiote again, which might seem like a big deal but I personally thought it didn't have that big of an impact. Plus, his new updated look... which looks pretty much the same as before.

Seeing Doc Ock and Zola again wasn't too surprising, but I did not expect them to keep their base in outer space. It wasn't really necessary but it did make for a pretty interesting setting and added the occasional need for the Spiders to wear their space suits, which looked pretty cool.

It was nice getting a confirmation as to why Rhino betrayed the heroes, which is as some have suspected, wanting a cure from Doc Ock for his condition. I hope they manage to give him a satisfying conclusion to his story-arc though it will still take a while until that happens. The new Sinister Six hasn't even been formed yet and I'm guessing he'll be one of its members. All thing considered, a pretty good episode.

• Like Like x 1
  7. cjeromek

cjeromek Member

What's going on with this show? Ever since the season premiere we've been getting great, tense episodes every week. This week's episode was definitely a great one but I felt like I was being beat over the head with the whole friendship thing. It's like every minute Spidey and Scarlet were having a debate on friendship. Okay we get it, you don't trust easy. Yeesh! And I've been wondering how we go from Fury needing to be treated to Fury being missing. I get they're trying to ape the MCU but they kinda built the story to that.

Now on to the good. The action and choreography were to die for. The building tension between Ock and Hydra is also great. Ever since the show moved to arcs last season they've been really capitalizing on it. Every episode leads to the next and you can tell there's definitely a long game being worked out. My hope is that when Ultimate Spider-Man is over, each season will look like a different run to a comic series.

Really liking the show right now. Easily a B+ for me. Keep em coming.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Well-Known Member

I have no problem with Spiderman narating at the beginning of an episode as long as that's what the writers limit themselves to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It still just really takes me out of the show when they do that.

I mean, fine, better it's just that at the beginning instead of Peter breaking the fourth wall or having imagine spots throughout the entire episode, but it still feels really unnecessary :rolleyes:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. dr_marvel2040

dr_marvel2040 Member

Hope to see daredevil or the defenders in the show..it would be beyond awasome..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1