Ultimate Spider-Man "The Sinister Six" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Feb 17, 2013.

?

Rate and Comment - USM "The Sinister Six"

1. *****

18.2%
  2. ****1/2

9.1%
  3. ****

18.2%
  4. ***1/2

9.1%
  5. ***

18.2%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

9.1%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

9.1%
  10. 1/2

9.1%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

Introducing ... The Sinister Six! Swing by for an all-new episode of Ultimate Spider-Man inside the Marvel Universe today at 11:00am (ET/PT) on DisneyXD!

[​IMG]
    Ultimate Spider-Man "The Sinister Six"
    Episode Premiere Date - February 17th, 2013
    Spider-Man is trapped alone with six of his most dangerous foes: Rhino, Kraven the Hunter, Lizard, Electro, Beetle and a secret sixth member.

Comments?

2. ToonFan83

ToonFan83 I'll grow old, but never up

Is that the official description? If it is, DXD really spoiled it with the promos.

3. NuclearBLt

NuclearBLt New Member

I absolutely loved it.

4. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Member

why what happened?

5. LexHugo86

LexHugo86 New Member

the villains appeared weaker than usual. My guess is that they were weakened by their last defeat? Like, it took the whole team to fight these villains. But here, even spiderman alone was able to fight them all at once for a while. Its as if the villains and super heroes are strongest fighting alone. I always assume that spidermans team have much lower power levels than the sinister 6 villains because they are begginners. But here each of them alone were able to defeat each of the sinister 6 members. Thats pretty odd though that sometimes they are strong while other times they are weak.

6. sparkykandy

sparkykandy New Member

Also enjoyed this episode. Though, I do find it kind of funny that while everyone else got tailor-made prisons to ensure that they won't be breaking out anytime pretty soon, they still left Beetle in his armor. Is that thing stuck to him or something?

7. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Member

Can you please tell me how the matches were? I mean, who fought against who in these two teams?

8. sparkykandy

sparkykandy New Member

Well, they ended up switching after a while, but the original match-ups were:

Nova vs. Beetle
    Power Man vs. Rhino
    White Tiger vs. Kraven
    Iron Fist vs. Electro
    And Spidey vs. Lizard (with Doc Ock supervising the fight)

Then Spidey told the team to switch opponents, and I'm not sure who fought against who after that.

9. Infinite-bit

Infinite-bit New Member

I remember in another thread someone brought up why Electro didn't electrocute his allies while walking in the sewer water. Well after watching this episode I came to the conclusion that his powers function similar to Cole McGrath meaning he'll short out if he becomes fully submerged in water

10. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Member

Humm. It seems I get 2 of 5, or maybe 3 of 6. You see, my original idea about the fights were:
    + Power Man vs Rhino (brawn battle): I was right with this one.
    + White Tiger vs Kraven ("catfight", tiger vs lion): I was right with this one.
    + Nova vs Electro (both are fliers with energy powers)
    + Iron Fist vs the Lizard (Iron Fist once defeated a "big lizard" dragon named Shou Lao).
    + Spiderman vs Beetle ("bug's fight)
    + Dock Ock stays aside, supervising the fight; but then he has to fight Spidey's team once his minions are down. (I guess I was right with this one too).

11. Dragnatek

Dragnatek New Member

Okay not a bad episode but I was disappointed with how Rhino was treated. There were lines about him getting the Rhino formula from Doc Ock so a bit of an addition to it now but Spider-man had zero sympathy for Alex. Maybe the writers were focusing solely on Lizard being the "innocent victim" but it just wrong that Spider-man never tried to reason with Alex, a kid like him.

Anyway this episode was also rushed. I really wish there was more build up, that we saw the team come together. I would have liked to see Doc Ock gathering each of these villains. I realize this show will never be big on story building not sometimes I just expect more then they gave us. I really feel they dropped the ball with the six Sinister six episodes and I was hoping they felt more like a story arc then they did.

12. FFmax

FFmax Pangoro's Bizarre Adventure

Yeah I had a feeling that they were going to rush the sinister six storyline, like I seriously have no idea how these guys came together. The action was pretty good at least and the cutaways were kept a minimum. Wonder what going to do with the Lizard/Dr. Conners though?

13. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Active Member

I didn't really view it as him being pitiless or unsympathetic. It's just, like you said, it's kind of redundant to have another rousing "You're a good man! You can fight this! You don't have to do this!" speech when the writers were already doing with with Spider-Man and Dr. Connors.

14. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

While I kind've enjoyed this episode, it wasn't worth the hype at all.

Mymain complaint was all the plot holes. As stated in another thread, its weird how Electro doesn't zap anyone, even though they're all wading in water. Yet later, when some more water hits Electro, he zaps everyone. And yet NO ONE EVEN REALLY GETS HURT! In fact, Kraven is holding Electro. Huh?

Also, all the scenes where Spider-Man tried reasoning with Lizard annoyed me. JUST DESTROY THE DEVICE ON HIS NECK! OR THE CONTROLLER THAT OCK IS HOLDING! Man, for being really smart, Peter can be dumb sometimes.

Also, how did the Sinister Six outrun Peter to the Statue of Liberty? And at the end of the episode, when Spidey told his team-mates to switch opponents, I groaned. That is used in every single action cartoon (kinda).

On the positive side, I like Lizard. He was the only even decent villain in this episode, and I like that he was able to break free from Okc's control. With that said, why would he rather not be a human?

15. Infinite-bit

Infinite-bit New Member

I think destroying the device on Curt's neck would've been a little risky(could've caused permanent damage) but yes Spider-Man should've tried to make more grabs for the remote.

16. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator

I watched this with my nine-year-old:

SPIDEY: Why are my team all out to get me? (paraphrase)
    SON: Because its a training exercise. They did that already, back when they introduced Kraven.
    DAD: Yeah, well... its not like they stop training. Ever,
    SON: Yeah, but do we have to see it? They act like its some kind of surprise.

Apparently they can't even write down to a nine-year-old effectively.

And so it goes.

SON: Dad, why is the fight taking so long?
    DAD: What do you mean?
    SON: Well, Electro was a threat for the whole team. The Lizard was a threat for the whole team. The Rhino...
    DAD: I get the picture. Its called "jobbing", when you write one side of a fight to make the other side look more powerful.
    SON: So, were the good guys jobbed in the other episodes, or are the bad guys being jobbed here?

And the fight proceeds, with the writers throwing in the old JLA trope of "Fight with someone other than your arch enemy who knows your moves", even though none of the bad guys are familiar enough with anyone's moves for that to really matter. Got to wonder why the Bad Guys never use that tactic - Light knows its used against them often enough...

SON: Why doesn't the Beetle just fly up out of Iron Fist's range and fire his cannons? Iron Fist isn't bullet-proof.
    DAD: Because the script says not to, I guess.
    SON: Then the script is lame.

From the mouth of a child...

The exposed Lizard control-module was exposed, and an easy shot for Iron Fist or White Tiger or Spider-Man. Doc Oc just sat there, wasting his presence - he could have tipped the balance in any of the fights. When Spider-Man made an appeal over the airwaves (or the cable-TV waves) for the team, why the heck wasn't SHIELD all over the battle site? Bad writing all the way around, even without mentioning the Electro-In-Water lameness.

At least my usual objections - chibi lameness interrupting the narrative flow, and the team being worthless props - weren't in evidence this time. While they did use chibis, using them for exposition/recap was a good use..

17. The Dark Lord

The Dark Lord New Member

Truly wonderful the mind of a child is.

18. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Member

Sounds like a smart kid

19. Infinite-bit

Infinite-bit New Member

Well Electro did short out when he was completely submerged in water so I'm guessing water doesn't bother him when it's up to his ankles similar to Cole McGrath from the inFamous games.

20. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Member

Don't use Infamous as an example if he touches water it hurts