Ultimate Spider-Man "Great Power"/"Great Responsibility" Series Premiere Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Apr 1, 2012.

?

Rate and Comment - Ultimate Spider-Man "Great Power"/"Great Responsibility"

1. *****

9 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. ****1/2

11 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. ****

12 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. ***1/2

6 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. ***

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. **1/2

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. **

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  8. *1/2

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  9. *

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  10. 1/2

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

The all-new Ultimate Spider-Man debuts with a two-part series premiere inside Marvel Universe on Disney XD!

[​IMG]
    Ultimate Spider-Man "Great Power"
    Episode Premiere Date - April 1st, 2012
    One year after becoming Spider-Man, a teenage Peter Parker is approached by Nick Fury to train with S.H.I.E.L.D. Spidey turns Fury down, but soon finds that villainous forces may require him to join the big leagues after all.

Ultimate Spider-Man "Great Responsibility"
    Episode Premiere Date - April 1st, 2012
    When Spider-Man accepts Nick Fury's offer to be trained by S.H.I.E.L.D. to become the Ultimate Spider-Man, he discovers that he will be joining forces with four other teenage Super Heroes - Nova, White Tiger, Power Man and Iron Fist.

Comments?

Related Threads:
    Ultimate Spider-Man "Great Power" Episode Review
    Ultimate Spider-Man "Great Responsibility" Episode Review

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

I'm enjoying Ultimate Spiderman so far! the picture where the Trapper glued Spiderman to Ben's back was hilarious.

3. v1cious

v1cious Haters gonna hate

I can't stand the animation style. Is the whole show gonna be like this? because it's really annoying. Even in the places where the action is fluid, you can tell they cut corners (off-screen explosions). A huge step down from Spectacular Spider-Man.

4. Zack

Zack stuff

Really? I already like it better than Spectacular Spider-Man's. It feels slighty cartoony and exaggerated in a way.

5. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

I don't think the animation is not bad, they just put way to many gags like dressing random people like Spiderman, though I will have to get used to the new style.

6. Cartoon Commando

Cartoon Commando New Member

Spidey really has me cracking up, "I guess I'm off to see the Wizard!". LOL

There's a certain energy to this show that I love. The ways Spidey handled the Frightful Four were pretty smart.

7. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

Okay, the he sits next to me in Spanish gag was brilliant!:D

8. Static Shock

Static Shock New Member

I gotta say I really enjoyed this episode just wish they would have kept Josh Keaton as Spider-man.

9. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

He reminds me more of Deadpool in this series.

10. Dragnatek

Dragnatek New Member

Spider-man IS comming off as Deadpool light in this series. That actually increases my enjoyment.

I had a laugh with the Kurt Conners hand fake out. Though I have a feeling he really will lose one of his arms eventually.

11. araffa13045

araffa13045 New Member

I have to say this... I don't like this episode that much. I hope this series gets better. They kinda make spidey a joke.

12. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

he skidded a mustache on Jamesons mustache.

13. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier Wandering about in both ANGER & DISGRACE

Who Dares To Attmept a Rescue From My Lair?
    Mixed feelings do apply...

I was a bit on the defensive hearing Man of Action (the same guys behind Generator Rex, a show I like, but know is quite flawed) were working on this...

It's a bit heavy on the comedic side for a superhero show (that didn't stop Teen Titans from being great, though), but not everything has to be that, unless really called for - so yeah, not too much to complain about in this show... So far.

I'm not a fan of a Spidey with gadgets unless it's his web-shooters, but I'll deal if the rest of the show can deliver in terms of writing/story/characters wherever else it counts.

I probably won't comment too much more beyond this, but here you go.

14. v1cious

v1cious Haters gonna hate

Maybe it's just the geek in me, but why would Nova be a member of SHIELD? That makes no sense.

15. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

I'll say it....Thundra is hot.

16. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

Coulson rocks!

17. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

Well, that wasn't very good...

18. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

Matter of opinion! I think the show has alot of potential, but they need to cut it out with the sight gags. Some of them are funny, but wat ro over used.

19. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

It was like superhero Family Guy, except it wasn't funny at all and it seemed to be trying way too hard. Everything felt so incoherent and unfocused, I'll give it a shot and the animation is good although design-wise, Pete's lack of chin bugs me a little.

20. Sonic_Eclipse

Sonic_Eclipse Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!

I want to like this show I really do, but so far I'm not feeling it. I understand its only the first two episodes so I'll still give it a few more episodes before I can actually judge the series.

But I'm really not feeling the constant 4th wall breaking or the amount of random gags that are going on in Peter's head. And I still don't like the idea of Spider-Man being on a team, its just not right.

I do think the character designs look great, way better than The Spectacular Spider-Man. I can't help but feel the designs for Spectacular would fit this series more though and vice versa.

It will take me awhile to adjust to Drake Bell as Spider-Man, he's definitely not the worst though. I'm also not feeling Norman's, Harry's or Flash's voices.

I don't wanna beat a dead horse, but The Spectacular Spider-Man is defitnitely missed.