1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webbed-Wonder

Webbed-Wonder Still thwipping!

That's reassuring, I liked Ultimate Green Goblin besides him hulking out. Now, Ultimate Hobgoblin I did not like at all. I hope that we see Hobgoblin in this show, but only if it does him justice since I'm still bummed we didn't get to see him in TSSM.

2. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

With Man of Action involved will the animation look like Ben 10 and Generator Rex?

3. Bloody Marquis

Bloody Marquis Quite smashing, eh?

Uh, probably? And no offense, but I think you're randomly stating things at this point.

4. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

The point is, WE KNOW NOTHING. All that we can do is guess and conjecture based on who we know is attached, and who's rumored to be attached (that likely fake IMDB cast list, for example). Information should slowly but steadily come in the closer we get to February 2012.

5. SpaceWay2008

SpaceWay2008 Member

So I guess no one has any new news on this series?

6. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

If we're lucky, we'll get tidbits whenever Disney does their Upfront.

7. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

I can't help but think that this show is a way to revamp Ultimate Spider man after they do that Death of Spider man story

8. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

A description for the forthcoming Ultimate Spider-Man animated series was released today during the Disney 2011 Upfronts. Click here for more.

9. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

So the main plot is going to be SHIELD training Spidey and him teaming up with heroes, mainly teen ones? Sounds a bit like the current comics plot, underutilised as it is, with SHIELD saying they'll train him (but doing a terrible job at it as they have no idea how to do it) and him living with Human Torch and Iceman.

I just wish they’d release a better poster so they can stop using that mocked up one with a picture form the comics. It’s going to get people confused and thinking that’s what the series is going to look like.

10. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

So it sounds like Spidey might be training with the Ultimates/Avengers, kind of like he's supposed to be in the current USM comics. Hopefully, it's ready to go by the end of the year.

11. ktk

ktk Member

I really like the sound of that. It seems different enough to set it apart from past Spidey series, but still seems grounded enough in Marvel lore and history to not feel like a "not-the-Spidey-I-know" concept (like Spidey going to a different planet to fight animals or getting himself a giant robot to fight monsters).

I like the team up idea. I wonder if they gave much thought to naming the show "Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends". Iceman and Firestar better show up! :D

12. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Sounds good so far. It's different enough to past shows so it seems like it'll be more fresh, and we get to see other Marvel characters too so that's a plus. Can't wait until this debuts, I wonder who they'll get to voice Spider-Man.

Sent from my iPhone using toonzone

13. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond Active Member

Spider-Man: Agent of SHIELD?

14. jph139

jph139 Immortal

Interesting. I prefer Spider-Man as a solo hero - he's like the Batman of the Marvel Universe, who works just as well (if not better) in his own little corner, rather than crossing over with all sorts of other characters. But if this, like The Brave and The Bold, gives some otherwise rarely seen characters spotlight, I'll be happy to see it. Daredevil hasn't been around since the 90s Cartoon, Doctor Strange had his movie but is barren since, Human Torch and Iceman are always good choices... lots of potential for fun there.

And it evidently has Paul Dini on the creative team, so, I'm just about sold there. I'm not too big a fan of Man of Action, but, there's worse choices.

I noticed something about an upcoming Marvel block on Disney XD. Any idea what'll be airing there? Avengers and Spider-Man, obviously, but Iron Man's tired up at Nicktoons and I don't think I've heard of any other new shows in the pipeline. Will is just be re-runs of old series?

15. ktk

ktk Member

Isn't there supposed to be a new X-Men series too?

It's also quite likely that there are other series being worked on that we don't know anything about yet.

16. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

There hasn't been any word, but if they couldn't secure the finances for season 2 of Wolverine and the X-Men I doubt they'd have another X-Men show in production. Other than the X-Men anime of course, but I believe all of those are going to G4 and not Disney XD.

17. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

This looks like Generator Spider-Man to me. No thanks, I already got enough Generator with the Rex variant.

EDIT: Though I'll probably watch the first couple of episodes anyway. I'm too much of a Spidey-geek to completely ignore it.

#497 macattack, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2011
  18. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

19. Webbed-Wonder

Webbed-Wonder Still thwipping!

Sounds like it will sort of be a modern Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends style show almost. I hope they show us what the show will look like at SDCC maybe.

20. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond Active Member

At least they are not retreading the same ground already covered in The Spectacular Spider-Man, so we might be able to draw our own line of continuity between the two series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.