"Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

Spider-Man swings into action in the exciting Ultimate Spider-Man animated series from Marvel Animation and Disney XD! Use this thread - the eighth installment in this ongoing discussion - to converse about the latest news and rumors for this ultimate animated series.

[​IMG]
    Sundays on Disney XD.
    Ultimate Spider-Man Series Description:
    Stay tuned for further updates here and at Marvel Animation Age as more new develops! Also check for more details at Marvel Animation Age Ultimate Spider-Man subsite!

Previous Discussion:
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part One (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Two (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Three (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Four (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Five (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Six (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Seven (Spoilers)

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts the thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

2. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi

This might have been premature on his part, but Eric Bauza said during the Talkin' Toons podcast that he's voicing Amadeus Cho on Ultimate Spider-Man (who I recall got announced for season 3 previously). He also said Cho would be a recurring character.

He also said he recorded with Mark Hamill and Robert Patrick.

3. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Active Member

Does this show still have Phil Coulson in it? If not, which episode marked his last appearance?

4. TheVileOne

Yes, Phil Coulson is a recurring character in this show, voiced by Clark Gregg. I believe his last appearance was 2x19, The Parent Trap.

5. suss2it

suss2it New Member

Amadeus Cho should be fun. He'd work well in a show like this.

6. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Member

I have an interesting suspiction/idea about the first episode of the third season. For what we know, Spider-Man will team-up with the Avengers from "Avengers Assemble": Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Falcon, Hawkeye and Black Widow. I'm very interested in seeing how Spiderman will feel next to the Black Widow; you know, because of what the female spider does to its mate. I can't avoid to suspect something funny too. Do you remember how in the Ultimate Comics, Peter once had a nightmare where he saw Mary Jane dressed as Elektra and the Black Cat? That was really funny!; well, the Black Cat part, I mean. So, do you think we will see Peter in his mind, imagining MJ as the Black Widow? I mean, these two redhairs have a similar style, don't you think?

7. Silver Moebius

Silver Moebius Member

I am really growing to love this series! Despite its many shortcomings and ill advides ideas.

I hope I will enjoy season 2 just as much as I do season 1.

8. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Member

With Norman Osborn as Green Goblin again, that brings up the question as to how it affects Harry's trust in Spider-Man AKA Peter Parker. Nothing pleasant, that much I know for now.

I'm looking forward to seeing AA episodes with Spider-Man. Once Spidey meets Black Widow, he might tell the viewers that she reminds him of Mary Jane and then picture Mary as Black Widow.

Here's hoping Ultimate Spider-Man continues to improve.

9. Greg91

Greg91 Member

Season 3 of Ultimate Spider-Man is supposed to be packed with guest stars never before seen on the show, right? Well, I hope to see a few characters appear who don't get nearly enough attention in animation or just some cool guest-star episodes. Is there anyone from the Marvel comics you'd like to see guest appear in season 3 of Ultimate Spider-Man?

Here's my list: Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman (as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and superhero), Daredevil and Elektra (has Elektra even appeared in animation?), Frog-Man and Squirrel Girl (in a wacky Marvel Team-Up adventure against some massive threat), Human Torch (how come this hasn't happened yet?), Moon Knight (straight out of the Ultimate Spider-Man comics), etc.

10. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Member

If I had to say what Marvel character I'd like to see in USM, it would be the Power Pack. I'd like to hear Katie and Jack be voiced by Tara Strong, Julie voiced by Mae Whitman, and Alex voiced by Jason Marsden.

11. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Member

About Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman, she could appear as a clon of Peter, just like in the Ultimate Comics. About the Human Torch, the truth is, Spidey's relation with Nova is quite similar to the one Spidey has with the Human Torch in the comics.

12. TheVileOne

I still want a full-on Howard the Duck team-up.

13. Choppasmith

Choppasmith Member

I like you. Indeed, Power Pack in the show would be sweet, it would certainly make up for that awful Itsy Bitsy Spider episode.

Also, as for Jessica Drew, I'd find it hilarious if they got Chloe Bennett to voice her just for kicks and to troll the fans.

14. Aaron

Aaron New Member

OH MY GOD!!! I would LOVE this show forever!

Speaking of loving the show... I have decided to change my old opinion toward this show. I USED to hate it. HATE it. But the longer it goes on, the less of the stupid humor and gutter humor I see.
    Also, I'm a sucker for team-ups and cross-overs. So, the show's got me already in that regard.
    Plus, season 2 was a major improvement over season 1. I don't love the show yet. But I'm starting to like it. A lot more than I thought I would.
    It really wasn't until the episode "Exclusive" that I really started enjoying things. Less gutter humor, and of course... my favorite character HULK! Also, the random Stan Lee moment was funny.

My favorite episodes so far have been:
    Exclusive
    Back in Black
    Field Trip - gave me Asgard, Thor, Loki. I'm happy.
    Freaky - I got WOLVERINE! AND the Brown costume! My favorite. Some stupid humor abounds in this episode but I liked enough to look beyond it.
    Venomous
    Strange - Doctor Strange! PLUS that AMAZING moment when we get Peter and Uncle Ben, and Spidery stepping up to take down the baddie. Also, Mark Hamill!
    Run Pig Run - Thor, Loki and PETER PORKER THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-HAM!!! I loved this episode!
    Not a Toy - "When Captain America throws his mighty shield.." 'Nuff said!
    Revealed & Rise of the Goblin - All of the Harry/Norman stuff is very well done.

The Lizard
    Venom Bomb
    Stan By Me - I love Stan Lee. That is all.
    Game Over - Game logic, Captain America, and Wolverine. I LOVED this episode.
    Blade and the Howling Commandos 1&2 - LOVED all of the team-up roster! Loved seeing Blade
    Second Chance Hero - loved seeing a redemption themed episode. And seeing Iron Patriot.
    Return of the Sinister Six & Ultimate

I have hope for Season 3.

15. TheVileOne

Some other crossovers I'd like to see are Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four, since we've had The Thing and Doctor Doom already. Also maybe even just Spider-Man and Human Torch since they are a classic comic team-up, even in the Ultimate comics.

Other crossovers I'd like to see:

Captain Britain - maybe the team goes to London
    Machine Man
    Namor - high time we see some sort of deal or conflict with Atlantis

16. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Trickin' N Treatin'

I wonder when they'll start the season. Season 2 started pretty early last year and they managed to make it last until November.

17. Infinite-bit

Infinite-bit New Member

I'd like to see that happen though I'd rather have Colleen O'Shaughnessey voice Jack Power because nothing against Tara Strong I just find Colleen's boy voice less irritating. As for other characters I'd like to see are "The Awesome Slapstick" and an arc about Miles Morales gaining spider powers.

18. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Wallcrawler

Any word on when the third season of the show will start? I'm actually interested to see how the third season will go and if perhaps there will be some improvements to the show. Perhaps around the debut of the next Spider-Man movie?

19. Kumori MC

Kumori MC Member

What I'm interested in are the rumors about the new Spider-man show, the one that would mirror the new movies more.

Anything new on that front?

20. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Came for the ribs

Oh joy another animated series that trys to capture the spirit of the film adaptation only to fail and become a mess of forced quotes from said movie, horrible pacing, trite dialogue, and treating the audience like morons

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.