"Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest Administrator Moderator Reporter

Spider-Man swings into action in the all-new Ultimate Spider-Man animated series from Marvel Animation and Disney XD! Use this thread - the sixth installment in this ongoing discussion - to converse about the latest news and rumors for this amazing new animated series.

[​IMG]
    Sundays at 11:00am (ET) on Disney XD.
    Ultimate Spider-Man Series Description:
    Stay tuned for further updates here and at Marvel Animation Age as more new develops! Also check for more details at Marvel Animation Age Ultimate Spider-Man subsite!

Previous Discussion:
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part One (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Two (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Three (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Four (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Five (Spoilers)

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts the thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

2. Captain Travis

Captain Travis New Member

3. NuclearBLt

NuclearBLt New Member

Seeing as Groot isn't wearing his outfit from the comics, I will assume he will start out as a giant rampaging monster, and become a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy at the end.

4. Captain Travis

Captain Travis New Member

makes sense I think he first appeared as a giant rampaging monster anyway

5. macattack

macattack I see you! Reporter

Really, they got Michael Clarke Duncan to do a voice before he passed away?:crying:

I REALLY hope the episode does not suck.

6. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

Slim chance of that happening based on the current state of the series.

7. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon! Moderator

The Guardians are gonna appear? Thats.....actually pretty cool. Heres hoping for a good episode.

8. Choppasmith

Choppasmith Member

I think a better thing to hope for is an episode that ISN'T torn apart by "fans", am I right? ;)

I wonder if this will lead to some *gasp* development and backstory for Nova.

9. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest Administrator Moderator Reporter

Marvel Animation Age has a first look video clip and four new images from the new upcoming episode of Ultimate Spider-Man titled "The Iron Octopus." An additional video is also included The new Ultimate Spider-Man episode is scheduled to air at 11:00am (ET/PT) on Sunday, September 30th, 2012 as part of the Marvel Universe programming block on Disney XD. Click here to check it out!

10. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Member

11. NuclearBLt

NuclearBLt New Member

12. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Member

It's the guy who did captain marvel's voice in EMH

13. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Wallcrawler

An interesting clip. I have high hopes for the season finale after "The Iron Octopus." It is nice to finally see Captain America in the cartoon too. I'm curious to see how they're going to handle him.

14. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi Reporter

Yeah that's Roger Craig Smith who previously voiced Captain Mar-Vell on EMH.

15. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon! Moderator

Ooh, I like Craig Smith. I am now looking forward to this.

16. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Active Member

While i'm not giving my hopes up there is still a chance the crew will listen to our problems and improve for season two.

17. The Dark Lord

The Dark Lord New Member

Someone on YT thought it was Skip Stellrecht. Damn, that would've been cool. Oh well, Roger Craig Smith's good too! :D

18. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Trickin' N Treatin' Moderator

Has anyone been keeping up with the Miles Morales series ? I'd just been playing some major catch-up tonight and thought that it was pretty interesting to see how similar the end of Issue 15 was to the end of Great Power. It was also interesting to see how similar the show's version of Batroc is to the Ultimate version.

19. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator Moderator

According to my friends behind the curtain, that is exactly what is happening; Loeb got scolded by Disney for all the negatives and the way they were handled; rather than publicly acknowledge "Oops" they're just quietly making things better. This happened within the first six episodes, so the efforts are coming to the screen around now. And at least from where I sit, they have been making the show better - less stupid jokes and plots in favor of higher quality writing. Also, clearly continuity is playing a part now in building a more robust environment for the show, with the Doc Ock/Osborn stuff.

Know hope.

20. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Member

Really are you serious?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.