"Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator Administrator Moderator Reporter

Spider-Man swings back into action in the all-new Ultimate Spider-Man animated series from Marvel Animation and Disney XD! Use this thread - the fourth installment in this ongoing discussion - to converse about the latest news and rumors for this amazing new animated series.

[​IMG]
    Sundays at 11:00am (ET) on Disney XD.

Ultimate Spider-Man Series Description:
    Stay tuned for further updates here and at Marvel Animation Age as more new develops!

Previous Discussion:
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part One (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Two (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Three (Spoilers)

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts the thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

Mod Note #2: Board glitch deleted original thread-starter post. Replaced with this post.

2. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

If they ever wanted to use Miles Morales in any capacity, I could see them either doing it with a time-travel episode or simply making Miles a Spider-Man from an alternate universe like they did with Scarlet Spider in the 90's Spider-Man show.

If the show is far whackier in regards to the tone and science used neither of those would be off the table.

3. Kumori MC

Kumori MC Member

My money is on Alternate Spidey. That way, we have an open possibility of seeing Miguel O'Hara or Noir Spidey as well.

EDIT: I just thought of something!

If Iron Man will guest star [as was announced], it's highly probable that Pete might don the Iron Spider suit.

If it turns out to be true, then YAY!

:D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012
  4. suss2it

suss2it New Member

That'd be pretty awesome. I love the Iron-Spidey suit.

5. Kumori MC

Kumori MC Member

Heh, tell me about it. :D

6. Webbed-Wonder

Webbed-Wonder Still thwipping!

Yeah, Spidey teaming up with alternate Spidey's shouldn't be too far fetched considering we know already there will be an episode where Spidey is turned into Spider-Ham.

I would love to see Spider-Man 2099 animated, still think that would make a great show.

7. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi Reporter

Get Peter David to write it, his storyline was one of the better things about the disappointing Spider-Man: Edge of Time videogame.

8. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator Administrator Moderator Reporter

Marvel has issued the following press release officially announcing the debut of Ultimate Spider-Man Adventures, a new comic title based on the upcoming cartoon series from Marvel Animation. Click here for more! April 2012 solicitation details are also available here!

9. SpaceWay2008

SpaceWay2008 New Member

Hmm, I wonder if the comic series for Ultimate Spider-Man Adventures will follow the TV series in terms of story.

10. RoryWilliams

Man of Action is actually involved in the comic, which leads me to think it might be, but these comics can go either way. A lot of them are really fun but due to the natures of the TV shows themselves often have little goofs and contradictions (Batman: The Brave and the Bold and the 90's Batman Adventures series would be good examples). Young Justice and Avengers both had excellent tie-in books that simply filled in the gaps between episodes, but that's largely because they were written by people working on the show and the shows themselves have running storylines that go throughout the season (for YJ the Light plot and for Avengers the prison break).

So if USM is the type of show to carry on running plot threads, the tie-in will likely work not to contradict that.

11. SpaceWay2008

SpaceWay2008 New Member

I like the sound of that. Seems like a good way to expand some of the stories that did not have a lot of time in the TV series, especially if the story was either too violent or not appropriate for kids.

12. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Wallcrawler

The creative team on this book sounds excellent! Dan Slott is a great choice for this book given his background with Amazing Spider-Man and having Ty Templeton do the artwork is such a great choice! It looks like Marvel is taking some cues from DC Comics and getting some people who work on the shows to work on the comics as well. I am really looking forward to this book! It'll be great to have some new 'animated' comics from Marvel again though I wish they didn't have to sacrifice their all-ages stuff. I enjoyed last year's AEMH mini and look forward to finally getting some ongoing adventures series.

13. RoryWilliams

It looks as though Templeton is co-writing, not drawing. Still, he is quite good with superhero comedy so that's a win I guess.

14. suss2it

suss2it New Member

Not really. Last year, Marvel released an Avengers: EMH tie-in mini that was in continuity and written by Yost.

15. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Slott/Templeton were great in the terrible name added for trade purposes "Spider-man/Human Torch: I'm with Stupid."

They can do some of the funniest Spider-Man stuff, but also know how to do serious moments just as well. Considering the pair will likely never get a proper chance to complete their cancelled run on Batman Adventures, I look forward to any time they get to work together like this.

16. Nitemayer

Nitemayer herp derp

I don't like Drake Bell D:

I probably won't be watching this. I'm anticipating a lot of hero praise for other characters, ones that we get plenty of in other venues. It irks me that AEMH hasn't shown anyone recognizable, but Spider-Man has to share the spotlight all the time.

17. suss2it

suss2it New Member

EMH is a team show, and there's plenty of recognizable characters fighting for screen time on that show. Namely, Iron Man, Thor and Captain America. And Spider-Man doesn't always share the spotlight. His last three shows didn't even have guest stars.

18. Venom Melendez

Venom Melendez New Member

And it was great.

Anyway, it's awesome that Nuno Plati is doing the art for USM Adventures.

Yeah, that would certainly work.

19. Nitemayer

Nitemayer herp derp

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Iron Ham, Bör, and Captain Obvious members of the Avengers? As in, they're the A in AEMH? I was saying that the show barely gives us less recognized people like Ms. Marvel and such, but the FF always have Hulk or Surfer in one episode. I'm not just talking about television either. Comic crossovers are totally acceptable, but I don't want Iron Man in my X-Men game. UMvC3 was saturated with Avengers (except for the one I mildly care about) but Venom was cut from the previous roster. Every live-action movie is just further set-up for the AEMH movie. I know I've made this incredibly obvious, but I don't like the Avengers. That's a personal thing, and not the central issue. My axe to grind with that show I do not actively watch is that it pays no homage to the Marvel heroes at large. Meanwhile, this show is a Young Justice rip-off (not srs; you know what I mean). I'd watch an episode of AEMH if it honored some of the more dynamic Avengers of the comics (Spider-Woman comes to mind). But no, it's just endless episodes of Aint-Man, the Gadfly, and S.H.I.E.L.D.

I’m fine with an occasional Human Torch, Daredevil, or similar guest star. I don’t want Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends mkII.

20. RoryWilliams

No, I really don't. How exactly is it a young justice rip-off exactly? Because it uses teenaged superheroes?

And as others have said the idea that Spider-Man somehow always has to share the spotlight is untrue. Most of his prior TV shows and movies were solo affairs with maybe a few guests every season.

If you aren't watching it, what do you care? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.