1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd wager that "confusion" is probably just the official statement but I'd imagine that they probably want to keep the brand undiluted or something and keep focus on the new show that they're producing. As far as TSSM goes, I don't think that they even air licensed shows anymore (though I have no idea what the relationship with the Canadian shows are; they seem to treat them like originals). I still don't see what it would have hurt to keep the shows on the late-night blocks as that's not competing with, what I'd hope are, lots of daytime and primetime airings for the current Marvel shows. I think the late-night block attracts lots of older fans, so it is a shame when they put the old fan favorite shows out to pasture.

2. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Well-Known Member

Plenty of times, they had no real place in the schedule for the show but back when they had three episode mini marathons of their shows Spectacular Spider-man would show up every once in a while. I remember this still happening after season two finished airing and that I caught the last episode more then once that way.

But yeah I'm sure we will get real promo's soon. Disney XD generally is not bad with promoting new shows before they air, it's only after the shows don't preform well enough top they show down and eventually stop promoting all together.

3. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I really hope that Marvel Universe hits it off with the DXD audience. It was pretty frustrating to see the constant schedule shifts for both Spectacular Spider-Man and Avengers S1, and I hope we don't see that happen again.

4. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

If they're worried about the show getting lower ratings than the reruns then they mustn't have much faith in the show. ;)

5. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

Bendis said on Twitter today that people have only told him good things about the USM cartoon. I doubt Bendis would post that unless he had confidence.

6. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

I was making a joke on the idea that Disney would think the reruns would somehow do better than USM, not a serious suggestion on the quality of the show.

7. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

On the contrary, BENDIS! waxes enthusiastic about every steaming turd he's polished for the last decade.

Mod Note: Please try to be a little more discrete.

8. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Anyway, good to hear that it's had positive feedback, I guess. Still waiting on a trailer!

9. toonboy53

toonboy53 Member

Which people have told him this? They could just be saying stuff he wants to here.

10. The Talon

The Talon Active Member

He's a powerful man in the comics industry, of course it's just what he wants to hear.

11. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

He and every other media professional have to do that, though. :sweat: It's very unsporting to call your own work terrible. John Semper doesn't exactly get a lot of work these days because he has criticized the projects he's participated in, for example.

If I were hired by a company to work on a cartoon I'd be waxing enthusiastic about my involvement in the cartoon as well no matter how good or bad the cartoon really was. It's job security. If the cartoon is ill-received, THEN you have the right to criticize the cartoon you worked on.

12. toonboy53

toonboy53 Member

Does anyone know who Spidey's teammates are. I think i saw in an article he would be teamed up with Power man, white tiger, Iron fist, and Nova and that they would be teens going to his school (still dont like that idea) I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard about his team members.

13. RoryWilliams

Shroud (AKA Kitty Pryde) was on the initial poster. Bendis likes her a lot so I'm guessing she'll be there too.

14. SpaceWay2008

SpaceWay2008 Member

Although you are joking, that does make sense. lol Why take off the reruns to get ready for USM? Would it really have a negative impact on USM to leave other Spider-Man reruns on air?

15. Venom Melendez

Venom Melendez Active Member

*Eye roll*

Oh, let it go. Especially since most of his work has been good anyway.

No offence, but if you're not going to be mature about this, why post in this thread? You've mentioned your opinion on Bendis before, we get it.

Pretty sure they can't air it anyway. After all, the only old Marvel shows they rerun are the ones marvel currently owns

Anyway, it doesn't have anything to do with kids being confused, since the Spider-Man:TAS reruns aired at 12:00 am. You know, when most kids would be sleeping

Going by the NYCC trailer, we can only say White Tiger(Ava Ayala), Power Man and Iron Fist.

I think Nova would be more of a guest appearance.

#475 Venom Melendez, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2012
  16. Kumori MC

Kumori MC Member

Link, please?

17. toonboy53

toonboy53 Member

Here's the link to the article that says Nova is on the team http://tv.blogs.starnewsonline.com/14072/nova-getting-animated-on-new-ultimate-spider-man-animated-series/

I also remember that clark gregg said in an interview that his character would be set up on a date with aunt may in an episode by the team. That actually sounds kind of funny.

18. RoryWilliams

Obviously subject to change but you can see the Shroud on the bottom row:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. JTMarsh

JTMarsh Wing Commander

Anyone think the show's gonna feature Carlie Cooper or do you think they'll leave her out?

20. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.