1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 12 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Apr 1, 2017.

1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the twelfth installment in the on-going discussion about Ultimate Spider-Man, here on the Marvel Animation Forum!

[​IMG]
    April 1st, 2012 - January 7th, 2017

The show might be over, but that doesn't necessarily mean the discussion has to stop. Use this thread to discuss the many aspects of Ultimate Spider-Man and its different sub-titles like Web Warriors or Versus the Sinister Six. With a total of 104 episodes, this is currently the longest running Marvel cartoon as well as the longest Spider-Man animated series produced so far.

Details about the final season:
    Also check out more content at the Marvel Animation Age Ultimate Spider-Man sub-site!

Previous Discussion Threads:

Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part One (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Two (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Three (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Four (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Five (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Six (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Seven (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Eight (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Nine (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Ten (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Eleven (Spoilers)

And keep in mind there's a new Spider-Man cartoon on the way, supposed to premiere this summer on Disney XD. You can keep up to date with news on it here:
    "Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

NOTE: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

2. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Here's another interesting tidbit from Stephen Wacker's Tumblr:

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That would explain why Wacker had continued mentioning ideas and characters for possible future seasons when responding to fans, because they were still planning on a potential renewal rather then a reboot :ack:.

But Miles just hopping over to the main dimension was always a weird story beat to me. Like, he and his mom just completely leave their lives and the world they've lived in for years to go to another dimension with a bunch of other Spider-people :confused:.

We also didn't really get to have much bonding time between him and the other Web Warriors, so that being part of his motivation for sticking around just didn't ring true to me o_O.

Not to mention he was basically abandoning his home dimension after learning there had been an upswing in crime since he had left, leaving Gwen to handle it all alone despite the fact that, unlike him, she didn't actually have any powers :eek:.

I get they wanted to keep Miles in the cast, but I just don't think they handled it very sensibly :sweat:.

• Like Like x 2
  4. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Yeah, I hope they revive the show on Netflix along with all the premature Marvel shows so they can finally use the ideas and characters for possible future seasons.https://www.change.org/p/marvel-rev...hows-on-netflix-both-live-action-and-animated

5. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

Heh. I was the the one who asked Wacker that question. Glad he gave him a reply. Something about the way that plot played out just kinda bugged me. @Frontier kinda covered all the bases and issues I had with it. :p

• Like Like x 2
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

These are from last month, and I pretty much only found them by accident, but Chase Conley posted some boards from "The Symbiote Saga" on Instagram:

- Part One
    - Part Two

(I think I should also add a note about the music used in these videos).

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

6/25: Black Cat is in the USM animated continuity!

[​IMG]

And no, that's not a reprinted "Marvel Adventures" comic. The artist confirmed to me on Facebook that it's actually set in the current animated universe.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Uh...what's up with Black Cat's face :eek:?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Perspective and stylization.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Since she never made it to animation, I kind of have to treat like Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) in the JLU comic or Wonder Girl in the Teen Titans Go! comic. It's nice to get an idea of how it could have worked but it's a shame that it never happened in animation.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3