1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 11 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

Remember guys, I posted info about the events of the last two episodes a few pages ago. So, if anyone can't wait to know what happen, take a look.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Marvel released a featurette for the USM finale, with the cast and crew reflecting on the past four seasons of the show.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Whatever my issues with Ultimate Spider-Man, I can acknowledge that managing to deliver four years of a cartoon is a big achievement, particularly for a Marvel cartoon and a Spider-Man show, especially for one that's an unconventional take on the character.

Scott Porter is definitely right. The show certainly did do their own version of "Maximum Carnage" and the "Clone Saga" :rolleyes2:.

Also looks like Scorpion is part of the "Superior Sinister Six," which is kind of odd since we haven't seen him in any relevant way since, really, season 2. I guess the producers just wanted to remind us that he exists, and I guess Ock, in his scramble to form a new Sinister Six, just picked whatever names he could find on his contact list :p.

It feels weird that they listed Banks as Luke Cage given how little Luke has shown up this season vs. Miles, who Banks also voices :sweat:.

I will not miss hearing Spider-Man yell out battle tactics...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Marvel uploaded a clip from the finale on their YouTube channel:

Edit: Ed Liu posted another clip on Toon Zone, along with some images from the finale, released by Marvel Television and Disney XD.

Edit #2: Yet another new clip, from IGN:

• Like Like x 4
  5. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

• Like Like x 3
    #465 Greg91, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  6. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

0:35 Oh hi, Hulk!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't think anything quite sums up Ultimate Spider-Man like Crossbones, of all people, being turned into a Lizard and Doc Ock becoming a giant octopus monster :sweat:.

Also...Scorpion doesn't sound like Dante Basco. Don't tell me they brought him back and didn't even get his VA back as well :(.

I do think it's nice seeing Spidey with his original team again for the finale. I was never too fond of the group over all, but it's nice to hearken back to the team that started, it all more or less ;).

I hope Spidey isn't going to be foolish enough to let the bad guys talk him into losing his powers...

Nice interview :)

Interesting that season 3, with it's arc driven storylines, actually had a ratings bump...

Well, there isn't really much there that we didn't already know about Secret Wars, and I'm not sure if there's really anything they'll do in the finale that EMH's didn't already pull off during it's run, but I guess it's nice teasing their other big show :rolleyes2:.

If only Marvel Animation had been in the business of longer cartoon runs during the days of EMH, WaTXM, and Spectacular (even if obviously there were extenuating circumstances for the those cancellations)...

It'll be a nice way to cap off the series by having all of Spidey's different teams (the original, New Warriors, and Web Warriors) together for the finale :cool:.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I like to think that when Crossbones is cured, the after-effects or the Lizard serum scar up his body and redden his eyes to what he looked like in that recent Black Panther episode of Avengers Assemble. I know it's the movie tie-in schtick, but they could easily make sense of it.

Where's my No-Prize?

• Like Like x 2
  9. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

No offense, but please stop bringing this into every discussion. It's getting both off-topic, and annoying. We heard you the first few times and people already know what to do in order to get these shows, or other shows they liked back, similar to how they succeeded with Young Justice (even if I personally don't see it happening for many of those titles). So please, tone it down a little.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Even though I'm not the biggest fan of the current shows, it is nice that at least some action cartoons are trying to last beyond two seasons. So many end so fast nowadays...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Sorry, I Won't do it again, I understand that people are already knowing what to do to get these shows or other shows they liked back even if some of them were terrible,similar to how they succeeded with Young Justice, It's a good feeling to hold out hope even if it doesn't come true for many of the shows.

• Like Like x 1
    #471 brodie999, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  12. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Now that the show is done there will be no need for anyone to ever have to fix the continuity holes in AA ever again! Hallelujah!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, there's still ostensibly Guardians :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
  14. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Yeah, I definitely hope Avengers Assemble is renewed for S5 and 6 to to overtake Ultimate Spider-man's lengthy run and tie in into Infinity War and the fourth Avengers Movie. Maybe Season 5 can deal with Thanos's return just like Season 3 did with Ultron.

#474 brodie999, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  15. Xander Payne

Xander Payne New Member

I've been inactive for a while, what did I miss.
    Any shirtless Spidey? Really irritates me that there wasn't anything after the first season.

16. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

No.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

It has been a worthy finale, but still, I wanted more. Basically, I wanted to see more of MJ as Spider-Woman (although I still don't like her powers coming from Carnage). Also, Spidey working as a teacher for the new class of SHIELD Academy is something that I would really like to see.

However, I don't think this is really over. Do you think maybe we will see Spidey, the Web Warriors and all the other young heroes in the other series? I mean, the new series of Spider-Man will be apart from the current Marvel's animated universe, but the other series are still connected to the same reality. In the future Season 4 of "Avengers: Secret Wars" or the Season 2 of "Guardians of the Galaxy", maybe we could see this Spider-Man again and some other of his partners. What do you think?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Crossbones becoming the new Lizard was a little random, but OK.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  20. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Possibly. The Agents of S.M.A.S.H. did return in Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors and Red Hulk appeared in Avengers: Ultron Revolution after Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. ended, so someone from Ultimate Spider-Man could appear in Avengers: Secret Wars or Guardians of the Galaxy, I suppose.
    It's nice to hear how much they got to do with this show and how happy they are with the final product.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.