1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

"Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 11 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webbed-Wonder

Webbed-Wonder Still thwipping!

That's a pretty cool connection, I doubt it's intentional but it is fun to think about. I wish that episode of 90s Spidey was produced, the script sounds like it would've been a ton of fun. I'd like to read the whole thing should John Semper ever choose to do that.

• Like Like x 2
  2. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

According to Zap2It, both parts of the series finale air on Saturday, January 7th.

S04, E25 Graduation Day - Part 1 1/07/2017
    S04, E26 Graduation Day - Part 2 1/07/2017

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, good to know we won't have to wait long to watch the finale :).

4. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

The series finale is the day after what spanish people call "El Dia de Reyes", so I guess this is the perfect timing.

Stephen Wacker hasn't answered any question since October, but by his last messages, it seems like the story of "Ultimate Spider-Man" is going to continue, even with after the series' end. How?, Ii don't know, but I hope it's true. Maybe a comic spin-off? I guess we will have to wait and see.

5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, Wacker has also said we'll still be seeing a lot of Miles, so given I doubt we'll be seeing him in Marvel's Spider-Man, we might still see some characters from USM pop up in the other cartoons while the other series is it's own thing :).

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Greg91

Greg91 Member

I wouldn't blame Wacker for not answering questions for a while after fans were yelling at him when Ultimate Spider-Man was confirmed to end. As for continued story elements, the most I think he was implying at any point was a character returning in another show like how Red Hulk returned in Avengers: Ultron Revolution after Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. ended.
    Pretty much this. Since I don't really expect any Ultimate Spider-Man characters to appear in Guardians of the Galaxy (besides Nova), maybe a character or two will show up in Avengers: Secret Wars like Miles.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, he had been implying we'd be seeing USM continue, even if he never outright said it, so to some degree I can understand the backlash.

Didn't know he had stopped answering questions because of it though :sweat:.

8. Greg91

Greg91 Member

Well, it's not like he could say there was a new Spider-Man show on the way, instead of a fifth season of Ultimate Spider-Man.That being said, I don't blame some fans for feeling like he was saying there would be more. But some of the comments were a bit harsh and those were just the ones he answered. Who says there weren't more.

I'm not sure if that was the reason he stopped answering questions. But he's never missed a month before now as far as I'm aware.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

10. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I can kinda see Bader as Moon Knight, without actually seeing how they're going to characterize him, granted, and of course there's also the Batman connection :p.

• Like Like x 1
  12. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

Does'nt top Keith Silverstien's Casting as the character.

13. ChessKing

ChessKing Active Member

• Like Like x 3
  14. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I like how they subtly showcase some of Moon Knight's schizophrenia, which he had in the comics.

• Like Like x 2
  15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  16. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

So it was Paul Scheer as Quentin Beck/Mysterio and Deidrich Bader as Moon Knight. I liked that they captured Moon Knight coming off a lunatic. At the same time, wish we got to see more of the Marc Spector identity. However, I did like it was established that Moon Knight has powers and a lot of skills.

I do hope we can get a Moon Knight series on Netflix at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  17. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

According the ABC Press, the Series Finale episodes's plots have already been released,
    S04E26:Graduation Day - Part 1: Doctor Octopus (Doc Oak) threatens to harm Aunt May if Spidey ever puts his mask on again. Spider-Man must track down Doc Ock before he has a chance to put his plan into action.
    S04E26: Graduation Day - Part 2: Peter Parker must find a way to Stop Doctor Octopus and The Superior Sinister Six from destroying all of the heroes in New York and taking over the world.

• Like Like x 2
  18. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

There are also images from the episodes available on Disney ABC Press in the link above. Possible spoilers, but yet another new version of the Sinister Six is going to show up. Looks like I'll have to update my Sinister 6 retrospective one more time for this show. :p

They also confirm the finale will air starting at 7:30PM EST on January 7th.

• Like Like x 2
  19. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Okay, I looked at them And they shows what happens in the episodes as predicted. Thanks for telling me that.

20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, at least they're doing something with Ock knowing Spider-Man's identity (even if it's just amounting to him kidnapping Aunt May for the umpteenth time), though a "Superior Sinister Six" o_O?

I guess they have to make the season subtitle relevant again, and forming Sinister Six's is Otto's thing, but considering this is the fourth Sinister Six roster on this show, I'm kinda wondering if Doc Ock is running out of good ideas :sweat:?

Hopefully this "Superior" Six is less underwhelming then the "Ultimate" Six...though, frankly, this being the finale and all, it would've been cool to see Otto just bring in every villain Spidey's ever fought on this show then just going with another arbitrary six-man group :shrug:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.