1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 11 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the eleventh installment in the on-going discussion about Ultimate Spider-Man, here on the Marvel Animation Forum!

Spider-Man swings into action in the exciting Ultimate Spider-Man animated series from Marvel Animation and Disney XD! Now called Ultimate Spider-Man Vs the Sinister Six, the stakes are higher like never before! Use this thread to keep up to date with any news about the show, and discuss them in a civilized manner right here!

[​IMG]
    Sundays on Disney XD

Ultimate Spider-Man Vs the Sinister Six series description:

Ultimate Spider-Man Vs the Sinister Six cast and crew details:

Stay tuned for further updates here and at Toon Zone as more new develops! Also check out more content at the Marvel Animation Age Ultimate Spider-Man sub-site!

Previous Discussion Threads:

Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part One (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Two (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Three (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Four (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Five (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Six (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Seven (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Eight (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Nine (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Ten (Spoilers)

NOTE: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

2. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Recent important news:

1. New episodes start airing in the US this Sunday (June 12th) at 9:00AM ET on Disney XD. Episode titles and loglines for this month:

S04, E10 The New Sinister 6: Part 1 6/12/2016
    S04, E11 The New Sinister 6: Part 2 6/19/2016
    S04, E12 Agent Web 6/26/2016
    2. The show has aired a few new episodes in India and will possibly air more in other countries before premiering in the US.

NOTE: Please remember to use spoiler tags if you want to to discuss any of the episodes that have aired in other countries before airing in the US in this thread. Likewise, please don't link to or mention where any of these episodes can be viewed online.

Upcoming episode titles:

S04, E13 Strange Little Halloween
    S04, E15 The Symbiote Saga, Part 1
    S04, E16 The Symbiote Saga, Part 2
    S04, E17 The Symbiote Saga, Part 3

3. Disney XD UK has uploaded a series of short videos about some of Spider-Man's enemies, which may not necessarily reflect the roster of the new Sinister Six, but I think it's still worth mentioning since they may contain clips from upcoming episodes:

Doctor Octopus
    Goblin
    Kraven the Hunter
    The Lizard
    Rhino
    Electro

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, we've reached 11 parts of Ultimate Spider-Man's News and Discussion Threads. Pretty neat :).

4. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Trailer for the next few episodes of USM.

• Like Like x 3
  5. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Regarding the upcoming Halloween episode of Ultimate Spider-Man (which will probably premiere in July, as opposed to the Doctor Strange/Halloween episode from Ultron Revolution which aired in April :p):

Ant-Man should appear as well. I remembered an interview Comic Book Resources did with Cort Lane a while ago, where he mentioned this. It's in the last paragraph:

Dormammu will probably be the villain again, though they could bring back Mordo from the season premiere.

That looks pretty cool. Shriek will appear again as expected and that looks like a Sandman versus Hydro-Man fight at one point.

"Sinister Seven" should be pretty interesting.

• Like Like x 1
    #5 RoyalRubble, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Awesome! Looks like we have a lot of epic stuff to look forward to :D.

Thoughts:

- That scene with the Web Warriors all out-of-costume and hanging out is cool, though I wish we actually got to see that instead of just in a picture :(.

- When Spidey says "he's done a number on your brain," does that mean Ock's messed with Rhino's mind to make him more loyal :eek:?

- Nice to see more of Shriek :).

- Sandman vs. Hydro-Man should be awesome. Let's just hope they don't combine :p.

- So the new Sinister Six is Doc Ock, Ultimate Goblin, Kraven, Rhino, Hydro-Man, and Electro. Though apparently the real goal was always to form a Sinister Seven, and it sounds like the final member will be one of Spidey's team :ack:.

- I kinda have to roll my eyes Electro being a part of the new Sinister Six. I mean, Ock is trying to build the best Sinister Six roster to finally destroy Spider-Man, and he picks Electro to be a part of it? I mean, he's been a member of the past two incarnations of the Six, but look how well those groups turned out. Not to mention he was beaten fairly easily by the original Web Warriors roster in Spider-Verse. Really have to wonder what Ock was thinking bringing back Electro o_O.
    It feels like it's been a while since I've watched a Halloween episode that's actually aired around Halloween :sweat:.

Thanks for the reminder! Though I don't think Spider-Man and Ant-Man are that different personality-wise, at least compared to Spidey/Strange and Ant-Man/Strange, but it should be a fun team-up ;).

One can hope....though I'm sure Phil LaMarr is happy to be getting so much work as Dormammu :evil:.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheLemsterPju

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

Guys, I have some news. Well, not entirely "news", but I have some suspictions about future events in the series. Or more like the potential future air dates.

You see, I have discovered a pattern here. Seasons of most series have 26 episodes. Why 26 usually? Well, I suspect it's because there are 52 weeks in a year. So, one episode for week, it will leave one season in half a year. If you make it "perfectly balanced", then it would be first week with one episode, second week with no episode, third week with another episode, fourth week with no episode... And so, you cover the whole year. According to my counts, right now there are less episodes aired than weeks; and if they air episodes all the weeks of July, the "balance" will be reached at the second week of July (July 10th).

So, as far as I see, this is how it will be:
    We will have episodes of "Ultimate Spider-Man VS the Sinister 6" all the weeks of July (5 of them). And thanks to the info we get thanks to India, I believe in July they will skip the episode of Halloween (possibly save it for the proper time). So, we will have the "still unrevealed 14th episode", which it could be surely another filler episode, and the whole "Symbiote Saga" with four episodes. The arc episodes in Marvel series are always either 2-parts or 4-parts episodes. So, since there are obviously 3 parts confirmed here, it's clear this will be a 4-episodes arc.

After that, August will leave us with no Spider-Man's episodes to "restore the balance". Instead, I bet August will be for new episodes of "Avengers: Ultron Revolution". We will have the remaining episodes of the season since the middle of September, the first one in July 18th.

About the promo uploaded, I have to say, Aunt May's scenes and the battle between Sandman and Hydroman are likely to happen in the 2nd part. And trust me, what it happens in the first part will be truly heart-breaking, because it make me wish to smash something at Hulk's style.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

There have been a few 3-part stories in Marvel shows over the years. "The Alien Costume" from Spider-Man TAS or "Darkness and Light" from the Incredible Hulk TAS come to mind.

If you're talking about the more recent cartoons, Hulk & the Agents of SMASH had a 5-part story with "Days of Future Smash".

I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's not exactly clear the Symbiote Saga will be in 4-parts from what we know so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Heck, when you look at EMH, it basically had 3-parters...it just didn't label them as such :cool:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Clip from this week's episode, "The New Sinister Six, Part 1", from Marvel's YouTube page:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Y'know, I'm starting to think a glaring design flaw in Ock's new Sinister Six is that while they're meant to be the perfect group for finally destroying Spider-Man, they were not intended to go up against his legion of SHIELD Academy recruits :sweat:.

Nice to see Scarlet Spider vs. Kraven and Miles vs. Ultimate Goblin. Those are four very fitting dance partners :cool:.

I'm not sure how Spidey and Miles could train for fighting Ultimate Goblin when Peter's only fought him twice. I mean, I guess Miles could know enough to properly develop a training routine suitable for beating him, but given how strong Ultimate Goblin is I have my doubts they'd really fought enough for it o_O.

Electro vs. Squirrel Girl is so one-sided. In Squirrel Girl's favor :p.

13. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hey, Hydro-Man's got a new costume! Cool :cool:.

I'm just going to go with the idea that Electro was always a backup to finish out the new Sinister Six in case Ock couldn't find anyone else :p.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Okay, this is gonna seem funny to you, but when I first saw Hydra-Man, I thought he was Mr. Fantastic. ^^;

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
    #16 RoyalRubble, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  17. TheLemsterPju

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Good point. I didn't consider that, sorry. I posted a warning there, hopefully not too late.

• Like Like x 2
  19. TheLemsterPju

It's all good, I could have easily made that mistake too.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So the New Sinister Six roster is pretty much exactly what the promotional material showed it would be, just with Hydro-Man replacing Lizard. I wonder if they just had Lizard in the concept stage of this season and it changed over time or if they were just deliberately misleading the audience? Then again...the group still pretty much looks exactly like the grouping in the promotional material, so I doubt it :shrug:.

Also kind of surprised that the roster isn't all that different from the last two Sinister Six rosters, just with Ultimate Goblin and Hydro-Man. I was expecting a lot more radical a change in the overall group...

I was going to ask why the heck Triton was in this episode, but then we see the Inhumans and it makes more sense. Well, okay, it's still kind of random to see the Inhumans in an episode focused on finding Fury, but Marvel obviously still needs to push these guys :p.

Madame/Agent Web is looking good, and it's nice to see Crystal :).

So that is Crossbones! Hopefully his appearance here makes up for his poor showing in Assemble. Though anybody else find it weird that Spider-Man is fighting all these Cap villains and Cap has yet to make an appearance this season :confused:?

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.