1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 10 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Apparently there are still many unannounced episodes left. Couldn't find anything about Episode 13 Strange Little Halloween or Episode 16 The Symbiote Saga: Part 2. And Disney CZ/HU is going to air S4 in July and the guide mentions episodes 79-92 even though all the Wikis list only 90. So there are at least 4 episodes (94) that we haven't heard of yet. Maybe more? I wonder how they'll wrap this up.

• Informative Informative x 4
  2. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Would you mind sharing this guide with us, please? :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Just wanted to post a friendly reminder that users must use spoiler tags if they want to discuss any of the episodes that have aired in other countries before airing in the US. Likewise, please don't link to or mention where any of these episodes can be viewed online.

Could you please post who the writers and directors for the episodes were?

Does the guide mention any episode titles?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd forgotten about how often other countries get episodes before we do :sweat:.

5. Lonewolf36

Lonewolf36 Active Member

The New Sinister 6: Part 1
    Supervising director: Alex Soto
    Directed by: Young Ki Yoon
    Written by: Jacob Semahn

Strange Little Halloween
    Written by: Henry Gilroy

The Symbiote Saga: Part 2
    Written by: Jacob Semahn

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think it's kind of worse this time since they're not even airing them in order.

Cool, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Checkerboard

@RoyalRubble The guide mentions episode titles up to episode 90 Agent Web. 91 and 92 don't have a title and the series title instead. Take a look:

[​IMG]

Should I get an updated version I'll post it. But based on what @Lonewolf36 shared...

Strange Little Halloween
    The Symbiote Saga: Part 1
    The Symbiote Saga: Part 2
    The Symbiote Saga: Part 3
    + other possible episodes

A post from the series composer suggest 104 episodes in total with which I'd be fine with. Sounds like that will be it to me, but no confirmation of course. Personally, I can't imagine a S5 to be honest.
    https://twitter.com/kevinmanthei/status/733666274362826752?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

• Like Like x 1
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Thanks!

I think there should be one more episode between "Strange Little Halloween" and the "Symbiote Saga" (if Part 2 of the Saga was #16).

And yeah, I knew about the music for the final episode of Season 4 being finished. It was already posted and discussed in this thread a couple of pages back. I don't know if the show is over or just the season, but we'll see.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So with this new information:

- "Strange Little Halloween" is probably another Dr. Strange episode in-time for the movie's release, though I wonder if this will deal with what happened to Mordo in "Miles From Home" o_O?

- "The Symbiote Saga" is obviously the Carnage arc, and probably the final arc of the season from what we know, and likely a part of the plot for episode 100. I would expect the new Spider-Verse to happen before that, though it might not be a 4-parter like the original was :ack:.

Yeah, that's really weird :confused:.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Checkerboard

You're welcome!

Yeah, I think you're right.

Missed that, sorry. I find it interesting though. 12 remaining episodes, 93-104, sounds like a good amount for finishing the series properly. Obviously we don't know what could a theoretical S5 be about, but I think it would feel stretched and forced. Was I happy when we got S3 & S4? Definitely. Did I expect it? Not really. I honestly thought it would end after 2 seasons and it seems others expected it as well. 52 episodes would've been still decent. Now we have 104. Getting possibly 26 more? What would they be about? It just really seems long. I don't want them making stuff up just for the sake of it. It's good to know when to end. Hopefully S4 will have a grand finale to wrap everything up with a bang.

Not much more I can do from my end. I can get the remaining episode titles and the trailer, but that won't be sooner than in a month once we get closer to the local premiere. And by that time you will likely know everything. All I can post for now is this image with the localized Czech logo:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

As far as I see:

088 10 - "The New Sinister 6: Part 1"
    089 11 - "The New Sinister 6: Part 2"
    090 12 - "Agent Web"
    091 13 - "Strange Little Halloween"
    092 14 - <<No title yet>>
    093 15 - "The Symbiote Saga: Part 1"
    094 16 - "The Symbiote Saga: Part 2"
    095 17 - "The Symbiote Saga: Part 3"
    096 18 - "The Symbiote Saga: Part 4"
    097 19 - <<No title yet>>
    098 20 - <<No title yet>>
    099 21 - <<No title yet>>
    100 22 - <<New Spider-Hero: Potentially MJ>>
    101 23 - <<Potential Spider-Verse sequel>>
    102 24 - <<Potential Spider-Verse sequel>>
    103 25 - <<Potential Spider-Verse sequel>>
    104 26 - <<Potential Spider-Verse sequel>>

And I keep repeating myself. Season 5 = Spider-Island!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

The Symbiote Saga and the new Sinister 6 sounds good. I like that we're getting multi-part episodes. Anyways, I haven't seen season four so far, but hopefully it's pretty good. I'm excited for a Spider-Verse follow-up and curious about another season for USM. Season three looked like the last one at one point, but there were too many unanswered questions in my opinion, so I hope this season answers them in case there isn't a season five.

I'm not really interested in Spider-Island as the main theme for another season of the show. Maybe as a two or three part episode, but the concept never really grabbed me in the first place. If anything, I'd prefer to see a fifth season incorporate more aspects of 'classic' Spider-Man such as more members of Spidey's supporting cast, crime-fighting in NYC (with or without a team), and his life outside of the costume.

• Like Like x 3
  13. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm pretty sure they can come up with a decent idea for the 5th Season, if there will be one. I wasn't a big fan of the whole Spider-Island story either but I wouldn't mind seeing an adaptation of it somewhere down the line. I agree it shouldn't be stretched out to fill the entire season, though.

With all the adventures Spidey has had in the comics over the years, the Marvel Team-Up concept of this show, his many team-mates and the fact that the show does sometime re-use the same story ideas in multiple episodes, I think that all could be enough for at least another season.

Season 4 has mostly been entertaining so far, at least for me, so hopefully if the show does continue, it will also keep improving. If not, then at least end Season 4 and the show in style.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess when you fill out your entire cast with spider-themed heroes with the same general powerset, giving everyone in New York spider powers is a logical progression from that :sweat:.

Though I don't think you can really do a whole season based around Spider-Island, since the comic arc itself was drawn-out enough as is and there's really only so much you can do with the idea of everyone in New York becoming spider-men and women, but I could definitely see it as a 3-4 episode arc :).

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The Disney XD UK YouTube channel now has a short video for Rhino:

I don't think these videos are really trying to reveal the members of this new Sinister Six team. I mean Doc Ock is obviously going to be involved and I can see Ultimate Goblin, Kraven and even Rhino joining, but I kind of doubt Lizard will be involved this time. One of the remaining members should be Hydro-Man.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Lizard was ultimately just a distraction for Rhino to break out Doc Ock, I doubt he was ever considered for proper Sinister Six membership, deadly as he is. The fact that he can be cured now, and Conners has probably developed more antidotes for his condition, makes him a liability to put in the group even if Ock could get the Lizard under his control again o_O.

Granted, I think Rhino is also a liability given his past loyalty and friendship to Spider-Man and the SHIELD Academy, which seems like it should preclude official membership in the Six given Ock is focused on bringing in members who are both effective, loyal, and hate Spider-Man as much as he does. But I guess he believes that holding a cure over Rhino's head will guarantee Alex will do whatever Ock wants him to do :ack:.

I do wonder if the original promo image with Ock, The Goblin, Rhino, Electro, Kraven, and Lizard was just something the production crew came up with to tease the Sinister Six this season or if it was really meant to be indicative of the new roster. The fact that commercials are focusing on that group and those members implies the former, but Hydro-Man seems more likely to join the team then Electro or Lizard at this point :confused:.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lonewolf36

Lonewolf36 Active Member

The Sinister Six roster from The New Sinister Six: Part 1

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Another short video from Disney XD UK, about Electro:

• Like Like x 1
  19. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I don't know if this has been brought up yet or not, but since JK Simmons is working with DC at the moment does that mean no more J Jonah Jameson in these shows?

20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I have noticed that we haven't seen Jameson at all this season, but I doubt it's explicitly because JK Simmons is filming for Justice League.

He's probably just too busy to record for Jameson, much in the same way we stopped seeing Coulson in season 3 because Clark Gregg is obviously busy with Agents of SHIELD :sweat:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.