1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 10 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Wow...it's really quiet here.

Um, well I asked the people over at marvunapp.com for clarity on "Earth-12041" to see if that was the official reality number or a placeholder. Similar to how Dan Slott had reality numbers in Spider-Verse that contradicted the already-existing realities for the various Spideys in the multiverse.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, with a lack of real news, there's not much to talk about :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Episode summaries for the episodes scheduled to air next month, from Zap2It TV Listings:

S04, E10 The New Sinister 6: Part 1 6/12/2016
    S04, E11 The New Sinister 6: Part 2 6/19/2016
    S04, E12 Agent Web 6/26/2016

4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Jeez, this new Sinister Six must be really tough if they can take on all the Shield Academy heroes and the entire Triskellion :eek:.

Why does Aunt May, of all people, have an object that's the key to Doc Ock's plan :confused:?

So Nova's finally coming back...oh joy. Is it wrong that I'm kinda looking forward to seeing a battered Nova :p?

But yeah, should be interesting to see what happened to him and Fury after the premiere o_O.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ernesth100

ernesth100 Member

Nova is quite possiblythe strongest being Spider-Man has had on any of his teams minus the Avengers. Whatever beat him down must be no joke.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

My Comments:

1º) "The New Sinister 6: Part 1": Well, this is going to be an epic battle, that's for sure. Although I really doubt Ock's team will be just the Sinister Six. I bet he will bring Hydra Goblins, Octobots and whatever other tricks he has.

2º) "The New Sinister 6: Part 2": Just like I suspected, Aunt May is going to be trapped in the crossfire. But why is going to be something so important in Aunt May's house? The only idea I have is that maybe Nick Fury decided to use the old trick of "hide where no one would think to look". If I'm right and Spidey discovers it, I believe he's going to take Fury's remaining eye for puting Aunt May is such danger. I want to believe the villains won't discover Spidey's secret identity, but I doubt Ock will be dumb enough to not investigate and hit the bullseye. I'm pretty sure Aunt May will have to move to the Triskelion after this. And I'm pretty sure some of the Sinister Six will fall, exlpaining why the formation of the group will change through the season.

3º) "Agent Web": Well, Nova is really powerful, if you remember he was able to blast Tidus' ship out of the sky by himself; not to mention it was way bigger even than the TriCarrier. So anything that left Nova battered must to be worrying. It should be something of Hulk's level of power. Second, what kind of "ancienty city" can be that. I have two options; either is actually "Monster Metropolis", or something involving Spider-Man's mystic roots. You know, like a temple of Anansi the God Spider or something like that. Well, Triton is also in this episode, so maybe is something like an ancient Attilan of the Inhumans. And I really can't wait for Madame Web to debut, see her in action and discover her origin in this universe.

PD: Keep an eye on the site of "Ultimate Spider-Man" in "Disney ABCPress". It could have an update with promo pictures of these episodes very soon.

7. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, that's a positive sign, especially for those who want more USM :).

I'd be surprised if there were plans to use Man-Wolf again :sweat:.

Well, yeah, it's not a matter of not being able to use them, Marvel Animation just won't :rolleyes:.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Choppasmith

Choppasmith Member

Maybe they're going to retool it to match the MCU Spiderman? That would explain why there might be different views on whether it's cancelled or not. Personality I really don't think they could do a soft reboot of the show like they did Avengers. It's already looking like MCU Spidey will already be vastly different from USM.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well they're going to have to de-age him and put him back in high school again if they're going to retool the animated Spider-Man to make him more like MCU Spidey, though that was probably going to be a given for the next Spider-Man cartoon anyways :sweat:.

Probably completely change his dynamic with the other Avengers as well o_O.

11. nitwit07man

nitwit07man New Member

I'm a new guy on this site and I wanna join in on the conversion. My name is Nitwit, by the way?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pleasure to meet you. Welcome to the forum :).

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. strugler

strugler Member

Remember what Wacker said about Hulk and The agents of smash: The series was not cancelled it ended.

so saying USM is not cancelled does not mean it wont end with the current season.

I am almost 100% that we are getting a new Spidey show with similar look to homecoming. But since homecoming is not coming until 2017 we might have to wait until 2018 for the new series.

• Like Like x 1
  14. nitwit07man

nitwit07man New Member

I thought the new Spider-Man animated movie is gonna star Miles Morales as of the new rumors I just heard online.

It would be weird if Marvel or Disney does another soft reboot on the Spidey animation.

Hmm?

I hope the new live action film does workout soon? :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

1º) Guys, seriously, stop trying to compare the animation universe with the movies!! There are clearly influenced, but they live apart from each other:
    + Animated Thor with helmet and no beard, Movies Thor no helmet and bearded.
    + Animated Red Skull alive and in prision, Movies Red Skull disappeared.
    + Animated Falcon young and similar to comics, Movies Falcon adult and different.
    + Animated Arnim Zola active, Movies Arnim Zola potentially destroyed.

They are trying to make connections and similarities, but these are different worlds.

2º) Steve Wacker said that a potential idea for a Season 5 of Ultimate Spider-man would be "Spider-Island". So, unless we see something like Spider-Island in this season, I'm going to keep hope for a fifth season. Spider-Island is really worthy of a season.

3º) Check out these promos from Disney XD UK about the members of the Sinister 6:

The Goblin:

Kraven:

There are some never-before-seen clips, and I bet my money they are from the 2-part episode of the new Sinister Six attacking the Triskellion.

Well, opinions?

PD: Almost forgot. If the rumors about the future animated movie of Spider-Man from Sony are true, then that's no reason to cancel the current "Ultimate Spider-Man" series. As far as I can see, a movie like that could be the story of Miles Morales' reality. That means, a deep exploration into his story, about how he get his spider-powers, how his Peter Parker died, how he decided to become the new Spider-Man and how his Goblin became way creepier that the regular Goblin of this series. It would be like a Spin-Off.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #475 Roxas_Sora, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  16. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. nitwit07man

nitwit07man New Member

I wholeheartedly agree with everything that you just wrote on your post.

People are usually very cautious about what's gonna happen to their favorite shows.

I just wanna say that you are doing a terrific job being an admin of this side of the site.

I wanna make sure that I'm kind to you guys so that I can get to know you better.

I hope I can someday post my own work and things on the forums?

In the meantime, I'm heading to bed.

Have a wonderful day, Roxas_Sora?

(Quick comment. But I like your username.)

Keyblade master. ;)

18. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

More updates from Wacker's Tumblr:

No plans for Gwenpool.
    Possibly a confirmation that Anya Corazon will appear on the show.

I'm fairly certain the clips are from episodes that have aired already, not new scenes. They also have clips for the Lizard and Doctor Octopus himself.

• Informative Informative x 3
  19. Darth_Cygnus

Darth_Cygnus Member

Welcome Nitwit. I hope you survive the experience.

Totally agree with Roxas_Sora. We can´t go comparing movies with animation and expect them to be the same. Roxas already pointed out a few differences.

I also see potential in a 5th season of USM. Considering the cool characters being introduced now (like Scarlet Spider) and the ones we already have, I´d love to see new stories with Spidey and his friends.
    Nice idea about the animated movie by the way.

The possibility of seeing Anya in animated form makes me so happy. Hopefully she appears and joins Pete´s team.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Lonewolf36

Lonewolf36 Active Member

Ok i don't know if this has been given here but India has aired three of the new episodes though out of order.
    Episode 10 - The New Sinister 6: Part 1
    Episode 13 Strange Little Halloween
    Episode 16 The Symbiote Saga: Part 2

After watching the episodes The New Sinister Six is a really good episode. Strange Little Halloween was the least favorite of the 3 just an ok episode to me. Symbiote Saga part 2 was a little confusing since not having part 1 to go by that said i did love the guest stars and it ends with continued to part 3.

• Informative Informative x 4
    #480 Lonewolf36, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.