1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 10 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Spider-Man swings into action in the exciting Ultimate Spider-Man animated series from Marvel Animation and Disney XD! Now called Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors, the stakes are higher like never before! Use this thread - the tenth installment in this ongoing discussion - to converse about the latest news and rumors for this ultimate animated series!

[​IMG]
    Tuesdays on Disney XD.
    Ultimate Spider-Man Series Description:

Stay tuned for further updates here and at Toonzone as more new develops! Also check out more content at the Marvel Animation Age Ultimate Spider-Man subsite!

Previous Discussion:

Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part One (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Two (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Three (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Four (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Five (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Six (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Seven (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Eight (Spoilers)
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part Nine (Spoilers)

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts the thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

2. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

3. NoOneInParticular

NoOneInParticular New Member

• Agree Agree x 3
    #3 NoOneInParticular, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not against things getting more serious and darker in the cartoons, but I'm not sure how well they could handle or deal with those elements considering their track-record. Even with Waker's influence and the quality improvement in season 3, I'm still not really confident how well season 4 could take a serious or dark turn. But maybe it could surprise us ;)?

I'm not even sure how well Drake Bell could handle, in terms of a performance, that kind of material...

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

Guys, I just found something that was present back in SDCC 2015:
    [​IMG]

Now you see I was right about the "new" Sinister Six. I just hope this alineation will be changed as the season continues, because I don't like the idea of Lizard and Rhino back to the dark side. Wacker said they had plans for Mysterio, so he will possibly replace one of them. The other one could be... I don't know... The Chameleon?

6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So the Sinister Six roster, or the starting roster for season 4, is:

- Doctor Octopus (of course :cool:)

- Green Goblin

- Electro

- Rhino

- Kraven

- Lizard

My first reaction to this team? Dear lord, cures or de powering means nothing on this show. Do we really need a repeat of the Lizard storyline from season 2, with repeated attempts to cure Doctor Conners and succeeding until he inevitably changes back :rolleyes:?

And Osborn for the umpteenth time? I'm not even sure how a team with both him and Doc Ock on it could ever work well, considering how much they hate each other and would probably compete for leadership of the team. That just seems like a bad idea all around. I guess I knew we'd be getting The Goblin back eventually, but couldn't they have given him a longer break? Or do a new Goblin? I like him enough as a villain, but he's getting really overused :(.

Rhino is a big surprise considering we had a whole episode dedicated to Spidey reaching out to him and talking him down, showing Alex really burying the hatchet with Flash, and then ending with him joining the SHIELD Academy. Seeing him just go back to the Sinister Six seems really regressive, just like it was the first time he was with the group, and I really have to wonder how they'll contrive him back to the group o_O.

Kraven and Electro aren't that surprising, though Electro's ASM 2 inspired outfit is pretty late at this point :p.

I was hoping for a bit more variety from the lineup...like Beetle or Scorpion back, Sandman, or even Shocker.

7. Roxas_Sora

I believe the "new" Sinister Six will turn Connors into the Lizard again in hopes to hurt Spidey "where it hurts the most". And I guess they will do the same with Rhino. They could also blackmail Rhino with either a cure for his state (which they will surely never give him) or they will treaten him into join them or they will kill his family (just like they did with Peter in the Ultimate Comics).

However, I have a suspiction the alineation of the Sinister Six will have a few changes during the season. Wacker said they have plans for Mysterio, which I suspected from "Disney Infinity 2.0"; so I suppose he will become one of the new members. Lizard and Rhino will be rescued and cured again, and then some new villains will replace him. One of them will surely be Mysterio; the other one, I'm not sure.

8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd like to see more than one version of the Sinister Six in the next season; it would be nice seeing more villains rather than using the same six ones for 26 episodes, most of which we've already seen in action in the previous seasons. Rhino and Lizard are a pretty weird choice, though they'll probably come up with a somewhat decent explanation for their return to the "dark side".

I don't really have any preferences as to which villains should join the Sinister Six. Spidey has plenty of rogues in the comics to choose from. Mysterio and Chameleon would be pretty cool, I guess.

On a somewhat related note, I plan on updating my Favorite animated version of the Sinister Six thread once the new season starts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm currently watching the four part season 3 finale.

Don't know what to expect from the next season. I'm not interested in seeing the Sinister Six fight Spider-man (didn't they do that already on this show?), and I know they'll never be able to top the Sinister Six fights from Spectacular Spider-Man, so why bother?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. TheLemsterPju

Because there are Ultimate Spider-Fans that wanted to see them return as a larger threat? Fight choreography from a long gone show aside.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #10 TheLemsterPju, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not the biggest fan of the Sinister Six on this show, since I don't think they've ever really been as threatening or as dynamic as they have been in other incarnations, so I can't say I'm big on the idea of the group being the main threat of a season but they seem to be more an extension of Hydra in this situation.

12. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

September 2015 Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors episode premiere details are as follows:

Episode #3-19 "Attack of the Synthezoids"
    September 19th, 2015 at 9:00pm (ET)

Episode #3-20 "The Revenge of Arnim Zola"
    September 26th, 2015 at 9:00pm (ET)

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Zola coming back was to be expected, but I'm curious as to what "Attack of the Synthezoids" will entail aside from the obvious. Considering when this was produced, I think it might be a little too early for them to do anything with Vision and he's the most notable synthezoid I can think of o_O.

14. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If I remember correctly Arnim Zola's creations back in "SHIELD Academy" were also called Synthezoids, so in this version the term is probably used for just about any robot. Anyway, I liked Zola's previous appearance on the show so this could be pretty cool.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TheLemsterPju

16. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

The British guy? Yeah, he was sick. I liked his powers and how at the end of the day, he was a nice guy who was being manipulated, not really evil.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I could see Spot popping up the same way other Rogues have been treated so far, shown to be robbing a bank to only to be come upon by Spidey and whatever other hero the creators want him to team-up with for a good smack-down ;).

Be cool to see some of Spidey's C-list Rogues gallery get a spotlight in the same way, like with Grizzly, such as Leap-Frog, Big Wheel, or even the White Rabbit. The latter probably has a higher likelihood of appearing than Black Cat does, though Spidey would probably need a female hero to accompany him to fight her :p.

18. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

My only real exposure to the Spot was on the 90s Spidey show, and there I thought he was one of the weaker villains. I guess it would be nice if he showed up on this show but even if he does, I'm not really expecting much. The way he was presented in this digital comic was pretty good.

19. Roxas_Sora

Does anyone know if in NYCC 2015 there will be a panel about Marvel Animation? I wish more things will be revealed then about the next seasons of Spider-Man and the Avengers.

20. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

There will be a Star Wars Rebels panel. Marvel Animation panel hasn't been announced yet.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.