1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

TZ Big Brother - The End

Discussion in 'Reality Bytes' started by Lord Dalek, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

Yes my beautiful friend, after 8 months of exciting and not so exciting moments Big Brother has come to its eventual finale.

BUT FIRST!

Colin and Kury Wagner, please post the essays yo have been working on for the last week and a half NOW!

2. Colin

Colin Oh... this is not good.
    Staff Member Administrator

HEre goes nothing...

It's been a long time coming. There's been a lot of planning and preparing in getting to the final 2 of Toon Zone's version of Big Brother. It took a lot between myself and Sam to get us where we are right now. Now, the rules of this particular challenge are to say why I deserve the prize more than Sam. I can't do that. It's not how I've been playing this game. I've been playing for fun, but with the end in sight. And for the most part, the end was with the one person who was there the entire time, who I was able to trust with everything in the game. That person was Sam. So to sit here and say I deserve to win over her would not be fair to her.

I knew coming into this that there'd be a great big, Cleveland-sized target on my back. Really, I couldn't fathom why. Just because I host TZ: Survivor does not make me a threat in a game that I do not host. I had no advance knowledge of what the challenges were that Dalek would be presenting to us. I found out at the same time as every one else. So, coming in with that target on my back, I knew that I had to fight to stay alive. That if I didn't win the HOH position when I could, it'd be highly likely that I'd be on the block... and I'm sure the game would have played out that way, too, given how things turned out. But, the game turned out in a way that played to my favor. In an unspoken agreement, it seemed that Sam, Mr CatDog and Myself were first to get the inactive players out of the game and then turn it into a no-holds-barred cutthroat match to see who can get to the end.

When it came down to the final four, Sam & I had to make the move to protect ourselves. Everyone figured I was allied with Gwen, so it's only logical for me to have given immunity to her. I knew Sam and myself were safe at that point, and unfortunately Mr CatDog had to go, as much as it pained me to have to vote him out. The real shocker of the game came when Gwen returned in time to participate in the final challenge... and won it. I'll be the first to admit that I was shocked and taken aback by this. However, after Gwen won and when she asked me what she should do, I told her that I couldn't tell her and that I would not sway her judgment. Whatever she decided I would be fine with.

So, in a nutshell… why do I deserve the prize more than Sam? Quite frankly, I’d say I don’t. Sam and I worked our tails off to help get each other to the end. Whoever the jury decides to give the final prize to, will be fine by me. I know that it was a well played and well fought game. All the luck to Sam, and thank you Audience for your time.

3. Kury Wagner

Kury Wagner Jizzyboobgirlkury

My Essay... FTW?

Throughout the entire game of TZ Big Brother it was as if Colin and I were two of the only few members playing. In all honesty, between the two of us, Colin showed the most victory in the challenges. He was determined to make it through the game, to have fun doing so, and even play with the Dalek’s head a little bit. I stuck through with the challenges as best I could because though I had befriended Colin, I still had a goal, and that was to win the game.

To answer the question of why I should win, all I can say is that your guess is as good as mine. I will be happy with whatever decision is made, but I have to acknowledge that Colin put up a great fight and played well. Colin and I have both worked very hard to get to this point and I will be proud no matter which of the two of us win. It has been an interesting journey and I am actually quite glad that we are nearing the end of it. Colin was essentially the Frodo Baggins to my Samwise Gamgee, to put it into a geeky perspective.

In the beginning of the game, I worried about bias. I had no idea of where the loyalty lied among players. I played slightly dirty throughout Big Brother and I would like to apologize to those I have scorn. Yes, I realize Big Brother is partially a game of survival, but I still feel guilty. There were even moments when I considered throwing away everything I had build up with Colin. However, he proved to be stable and trustworthy, and I do not regret rethinking ideas of taking new paths within the game. Every joint decision he and I made proved fruitful. I would also like to show admiration for Mr Cat Dog. He was the other fellow contestant who played greatly. Kudos to him for making it as far as he did.

Every challenge that passed by gave both relief and added worry for what lied ahead. I cannot even believe that I made it as far as I did. I never felt confident while playing. I dreaded reading the results that Dalek posted each week. But really, if you consider that the beloved Gwen barely played the game at all and stayed in the house nearly until the end, it’s not shocking that I stayed, as well.

And so, while I personally would like to win TZ Big Brother, I definitely also support Colin and I wish him much luck. It has been a fun game right through and I have enjoyed playing very much. Many thanks to our host, Dalek, for throwing this quaint little competition, as far as hosts go, I'd say he’s right up there with Gene Rayburn and Richard Dawson. If I am chosen as the winner of TZ Big Brother-- awesome. I have had an amusing time playing and I eagerly await the results, regardless of what they end up saying.

4. Lord Dalek

All right now here is how this will work...

I have sent PMs to our audience members as well as every player in the game. They will be sending me votes for one of you to win the grand prize. The first player to recieve 10 votes or the one with the most by Christmas Eve will win, to be revealed on Christmas Day 2006!

Hang tight as anything can happen in the next three weeks!

5. Lord Dalek

Well players, its only a matter of hours now before the polls close FOREVER.

BUT FIRST!

How do you feal going into this final reveal? Any last words?

6. Colin

Well Senor Pepper Shaker... I must say, it's a mixture of elation and sadness as the game finally comes to a close. It's been a long trip to get to where we are. I'd like to offer up Congratulations to everyone on getting to the end, not just myself and Sam, but all the players, as well as the audience members who've been sitting by patiently, waiting for their moment in the sun.

and now, just time to wait for that final revelation...

7. Lord Dalek

Well today's the day. Colin and Kury Wagner, for the last 8 months you've been living together in one house now you may exit the Eastgate Theater.

*Colin and Kury leave the theater to see a huge audience area comprised of several empty bleachers and one person*

We flew Gwen under the cover story that we were giving away free PS3s. Gigan tried sneaking in but wasn't on the list *Collective whew!*
    Now neither player has successfully reached 10 votes so we will be deciding this by majority.

I'll go count the votes...

*heads to Dalek shaped pot.

First vote: Kury Wagner

YAY!

Second vote: Kury Wagner

YAY!

Third vote: Colin

YAY!

Fourth vote: Colin

YAY!

Two votes a piece, its very close....

Fifth vote: Kury

YAY!

Sixth vote: Kury

YAY

4-2, Kury's pulling ahead.

Seventh vote...

And the winner of Toon Zone Big Brother...

KURY WAGNER!!!!

Congratulations! And now I'm off...

8. Weatherman

Weatherman Space...not what it used to be
    Staff Member Reporter

Not to be mean or snippy or anything but..

wow, I could have called that from the begining.

Congrats.

9. Colin

Well, from the beginning it was anyone's game. With the number of people who dropped out from the very beginning, you could tell early on that in the end it would have been myself, Sam, Mr. CatDog and whoever we brought along with us. Anyone who wasn't sitting in the seat ultimately did it to themselves.

As for the vote, I'm not surprised at all. For some silly reason, people seem to think that Mod = Advanced Knowledge of the game. Not true at all. But, whatever... I still won a prize ;)

WTG Sambles!! We did an amazing job. I couldn't have done this without ya :)

10. Kury Wagner

Kury Wagner Jizzyboobgirlkury

Wow. I so did not see that coming. Congrats to Colin and everyone else who played the game.

I feel all powerful and shiny. =X