1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

TZ Big Brother Challenge #7+1:But You Don't have to take my word for it! DUH DUH DUH!

Discussion in 'Reality Bytes' started by Lord Dalek, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

Yes housemates! It's time for the reading challenge!

2. Mr Cat Dog

Mr Cat Dog Bite me

Shouldn't this be challenge 8?

3. Lord Dalek

No as last week's challenge was actually challenge #4, you only thought it was challenge #7 because that was flashback.

Now for CHALLENGE #8!

The following are some famous first lines from well known works of literature. Your job is to correctly guess which works these are from. As usual the first person to guess them all or the one with most correct answers by Wednesday night will win immunity.

Mr. Cat Dog as you probably know well by now you are not allowed to participate as you won last week.

READY?

1. "As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a gigantic insect."

2. "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife."

3. "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair ..."

4. "The drought had lasted now for ten million years, and the reign of the terrible lizards had long since ended."

5. "If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."

6."Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun."

7. "I was born in the Year 1632, in the City of York, of a good Family, tho' not of that Country, my Father being a Foreigner of Bremen, who settled first at Hull"

8. "James Bond, with two double bourbons inside him, sat in the final departure lounge of Miami Airport and though about life and death."

9. "It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen. Winston Smith, his chin nuzzled into his breast in an effort to escape the vile wind, slipped quickly through the glass doors of Victory Mansions, though not quickly enough to prevent a swirl of gritty dust from entering along with him."

10. "The year 1866 was signalized by a remarkable incident, a mysterious and inexplicable phenomenon, which doubtless no one has yet forgotten."

11. "The Great moved silently through the night water, propelled by short sweeps of its crescent tail"

12. "At seven o'clock, the morning of the 26th of December, the S.S. Poseidon, 81,000 tons, homeward bound for Lisbon after a month-long Christmas cruise to African and South American ports, suddenly found herself in the midst of an unaccountable swell, 400 miles south-west of the Azores, and began to roll like a pig."

13. "May in Ayemenem is a hot, brooding month."

14. "This is a tale of a meeting of two lonesome, skinny, fairly old white men on a planet which was dying fast."

15. "Early in the spring of 1750, in the village of Juffure, four days upriver from the coast of Gambia, West Africa, a manchild was born to Omoro and Binta Kinte."

16. "Samuel Spade's jaw was long and bony, his chin a jutting v under the more flexible v of his mouth."

17. "On an evening in the latter part of May a middle-aged man was walking homeward from Shaston to the village of Marlott, in the adjoining Vale of Blakemore or Blackmoor."

18. "Now, what I want is Facts."

19. "Brother Francis Gerard of Utah might never have discovered the blessed documents, had it not been for the pilgrim with girded loins who had appeared during that young novice's Lenten fast in the desert."

20. "I see in Lunaya Pravda that Luna City Council has passed on first reading a bill to examine, license, inspect - and tax - public food vendors operating inside municipal pressure."

4. Lord Dalek

AND WE HAVE A WINNER!

Once again, Colin (snore...) was the first to successfully answer all correctly and that means he has won HOH for the week.

That leaves me to once again ask Mr. Cat Dog if he wishes to use his reward.

5. Mr Cat Dog

Mr Cat Dog Bite me

I think I'll use it this week. Is it true I can use it as veto, or is it just an immunity thingy?

6. Colin

Colin Oh... this is not good.
    Staff Member Administrator

According to Senor PepperShaker:

IMMUNITY: Winners of Immunity Challenges gain immunity from being elected for a current or upcoming election, this can be used or saved depending on the winner's preferance. Immunity can also be exchanged for the "Power of Veto" where the player may choose to replace either nominee with picks of his/her own. NOTE: Immunity/Veto can only be used once per round.

So... I guess yeah... how that works, I have no idea.

7. Lord Dalek

As Colin mentioned, yes.

CHOOOOOOSE OR LOOOOOOSE!

8. Mr Cat Dog

Mr Cat Dog Bite me

I'll use it as veto please.

9. Lord Dalek

Attention Mr Cat Dog!

Clean Out You Pm Box Now!

10. Mr Cat Dog