Two untitled Marvel films set for Summer 2014

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by dmxx116, Aug 9, 2011.

1. dmxx116

dmxx116 Active Member

2. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

I'd have to think Thor 2 would have to fit in there somewhere, somehow, too.

Well, the Superhero war for 2014 is on, I guess. Hopefully we get another good crop!

3. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

Thor 2 is suppose to come out in 2013. I think they've set a date in June or July. I'm hoping for Doctor Strange or Ant-Man. The other one is most likely Captain America 2.

4. the greenman

the greenman Active Member

I have a feeling Dmxx116 is right. I imagine Antman will be saved as a lead-in to Avengers 2. Marvel wanted to appease Wright because they liked his script which predated Iron Man, and they came up with Avengers around the time Iron Man came out. They can honestly tie-in Dr. Strange there somehow too. My personal belief is, they want to use Dr. Strange to build up the cosmic/supernatural part of the universe. They can therefore bring in the Mandarin and possibly Fin Fang Foom, two major IM villains. We don't know what their planning for IM 3, but I think they going to keep building up to the Mandarin, especially if they can do an Iron Man film every two years.

5. FireWarrior

FireWarrior The Ultimate Warrior

Any hope the Hulk would be one of those films?

6. The Chieftain

The Chieftain I'm new, don't yell at me

Any hopes of Sub-Mariner or Black Panther?

Those are two guys that don't get much love.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2011
  7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

I'm pretty sure I read they hired Mark Bailey to write a script for Black Panther. They were indirectly referenced on that S.H.I.E.L.D. map at the end of IM2 after all.

I hope so, too. Fiege did say a sequel would be after The Avengers plus Tim Roth and Louis Leterrier are still contracted if there is one. But that was awhile ago. There's so many in planning but not greenlit yet...S.H.I.E.L.D., War Machine, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Punisher, Inhumans, Ant-Man, Luke Cage...Dr. Strange and Ant-Man would be funky combination for 2014. But I'd go. :p

Plus, I think almost every single tie-in comic included Iron Man taking out various Ten Rings cells. But I think I remember reading Black wanted to keep IM3 set in the "real world" whereas Favreau wanted to do Mandarin. But I'd like to see Iron Man deal with him and Roxxon already.

Right, Iron Man 3 on May 3, 2013 and Thor 2 on July 26, 2013. I don't think there's a script or outline for CA2 yet, whereas others in the planning stage already have drafts submitted.

8. Blankments

Blankments The Sparkle Rises!

I'll side with Doctor Strange is first, then Captain America 2. That said, I feel like repeating what I said in the Captain America 2 thread, and that is why didn't Marvel claim July 4 weekend 2014 for it? It'd be a HUGE blockbuster if it opened then, because who wouldn't see Captain America on the Fourth of July?

9. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

I could be mistaken, but I could have swore I heard that they started writing a sequel to Captain America before the first was even out. So, I think there's an outline at least.

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

In February 2011, McFeely and Markus were commissioned to write the sequel. So they should be working on breaking the story up to working on an outline. Whereas, I'm pretty sure I remember multiple drafts for the scripts of Dr. Strange and Ant-Man were turned in already.

EDIT: Saw an article that had a scan of that EW article. In a "What's Next" blurb (and a tip of the iceberg in terms of properties being looked at probably), Fiege talked about Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Inhumans. Link: CBM Article

Those last two seem like a big jump and seem to hinge on The Avengers succeeding. But I'm leery of them going too far with the scope of the MCU. But nothing's set in stone yet for them.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2011
  11. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts

I actually have that EW issue and they do have the main part of the issue talking about the Avengers since that is suppose to be one of the big 2012 movies that is what Marvel has been working towards for the last seven years so I'm sure they're expecting it to do really well (like Iron Man well) which is why they're also pushing for more movies afterward. Based on the article I think we're going to see Ant Man (considering that's already in the scrpt writing process and if Edgar Wright's name is attached to it we should be expecting good things) and Guardians of the Galaxy (if they're trying to have it as a space epic ala Thor. Besides I'm sure we'll be hearing about the Avengers 2 at least after the Avengers comes out and Marvel will want a super hero team movie to fill a slot before that time).

12. the greenman

the greenman Active Member

I think the only reason Guardians and Inhumans are being considered because right now it can take the audience off earth and explore guys like Capn Marvell, Adam Warlock, and Quasar. I believe Marvel wants to get away from earth until they can start getting some of their major characters back like FF and such.

Dr. Strange has potential to really explore the dark and cosmic aspect of the universe as well. Now that they have Blade as well,they can really dig into that side of the MCU. All they're really missing is Ghost Rider, and well Daredevil in a way, but they can be avoided. They will need some good actors for Blade and Strange though.