1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Two Things I Never Noticed in "Potty Emergency"...

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by SB20xx, Aug 3, 2014.

1. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Re-watched this episode today and noticed a couple things:

1) Look at the shelves in the background when Wakko first enters Norm's Knick-Nacks. They're selling "teen idols". LOL, so they're selling actual human beings? Or just figurines of said idols? Yeah it's probably the latter but it's so ambiguous that it's pretty funny.

Now obviously teen idols can occur in any country, but I have to wonder if this was a joke snuck in by the Japanese crew, since idols are popular there.

2) The shop owner, Norm. He sounds like he's voiced by Bob Hastings (aka Commissioner Gordon in Batman: The Animated Series), though he wasn't listed in the credits. I'm not 100% sure but that HAS to be him- I mean just listen to him and then listen to B:TAS's Gordon.

2. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Hm, I haven't noticed those things. I'll have to rewatch that short on my DVD.

3. DaffyDonaldQW93

One thing you'll also never notice about Potty Emergency- it first aired the day I was born.

4. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Kyupikon!

Maybe they were selling dolls of teen idols. I didn't notice that either. Then again, I watched that episode last year and was so annoyed by it that I had to shut it off after 3 and 1/2 minutes due to how annoying Wakko was in that, and wound up watching a Mumfie episode.

5. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

Bump. Upon further inspection, Norm might be voiced by Jeff Bennett instead. Can I get a second set of ears on this to confirm?

6. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

Okay, I re-watched it again. I was way off both times. Norm was actually voiced by Rob Paulsen. What tipped me off was the way he shouted "Bathroom!"

7. sun

sun You stay, I go

About ''Potty Emergency"...There used to be something called "Warner Bros Stores"..based upon the "Disney Stores".. I used to go to one of the stores , located about 3 miles from where I lived..to look at the stuff..I loved (and still love) Animaniacs. So the Warner Bros Store was selling original cells from the production of Animaniacs...I bought a cell and have it in one of my rooms. Wakko is holding on to himself saying...I "got a potty emergency"... Yes..and no one knew about it ..except,, now you do....Sun

8. speedy fast

speedy fast Active Member

I watched this episode again recent. For years, I thought the ending line - "that's disgusting! He didn't eve wash his hands." - was just a funny line, that the guy thought it was disgusting that he didn't wash his hands. But then I read on TV Tropes that Wackko shaked the other guys hand. And then, as I watched, I realized that both characters wore gloves. Couldn't the other guy just take off his gloves?

9. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Kyupikon!

He was an alien (I read that, too), so maybe aliens have different standards sanitation-wise.
    Can you take a picture? We'd love to see it!