Twinkie Theatre - The Artwork of Bic

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by Bic, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Bic

Bic Acid-filled Twinkies!!!

Sorry for being away for so longs guys, gals, and penguins. RL is taking up too much time lately, along with FFXI. :eek:

Well here is a sketch I did while visiting my dad in the hospital. Done with black ball point pen (you guessed it, a bic! ;) )

I like my character design but the rest of it....

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2005
  2. Frozen

Frozen When Hell freezes over.

Always a pleasure to see you about, Bic!

Nice sketches - love the pose and expression on the girly - nice costume too! :)

3. Rune

Rune off(world) model

So why is it that ball point pens always blob everywhere when I try to draw with them? :mad:

I always geta kick out of your stuff and this is fantastic penmanship Bic, the lady with the sword looks like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth, great expression on her face too as Frozen said.

I really like the little 'guideline' drawings at the bottom of the page, since I often get stuck over what should be where when drawing figures in action and these are really helpful to me.

4. Ceta

Ceta Got sake?

oooooh....I really like the girl with the sword. The costume is very cool. :anime:

5. wriggle

wriggle Wriggly Worms!

*sniff* I dont know what you're talking about. I think that guy's head is pretty damn good! :) He's the star of the page! His eyebrows especially.

No, really!

Oh, I *suppse* Sword Lady kicks butt too. I like her hair, long and yet controlable, well the pigtails at least :) The bangs in front are a nice touch.

Yes, I dont really have much to say... :sad: Sigh. You're just too good for me Bic

6. Bic

Frozen: Thanx for the kind words. I tried to do a non-sexy costume.... honest. ;)

Rune: Guidelines are vexing at times, but useful in helping me figure out poses (ie: everthying action orientated). The Sword Lady™ was the first thing I did on the page, I almost broke my own rule about hip line and shoulder line, but I liked the pose and the guidelines helped out for that.

Ceta: Thanx!!! I think that this is one of my better costume designs too.

Wriggle: Much Mahalos!!!
    The guy's face looks off to me, probably becuase I barely used any guides for it (a disavantage with ball point pens). Sword Lady™ (thanx for the name btw) does indeed have pigtails (like the garters, it's a drawing phase I'm going through).

I promise to draw more in the future as this was the first thing I did since the Wolrd's Finest 5 Jam a couple of months ago (I think there were some garters in that as well). :eek:

7. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

I second that. :D It's the most detailed there so obviously I'm drawn to it, but I just really like the design, besides. Hell, I like the sketched poses on the bottom, too - I need to start drawing my characters in those positions, just for the sake of change.

I don't see why the big profile headshot got a big "ewww!", though.

:p

-Tim

8. Bic

TimTwoFace: Glad you liked it! The 'ewww' was becuase I didn't remember the nose to chin line for profile shots, so to me it looks wierd.

---

Taking a cue from SilverKnight, I'm posting a couple of new sketches in this thread.

First up:
    Just some quickies and a Raven study (tho' I can't stand the series)

[​IMG]

Second:
    A quick sketch (about 10 mins.) of my character from FFXI. Yes, I'm addicted to the game. :eek:

[​IMG]

-Enjoy!

9. GMB

GMB Thanks Ants. Thants.

Bic,

Great sketches! I was gonna comment on the first sketch you posted (Really liked the costume design on the girl in your first post) but now I have even more reason to.

The Raven study is cool. I like the clean lines and the (pardon the pun) animated feel of it.

The second sketch is even better tho. I wish I could get such a detailed facial expression from a 10 min sketch. :)

Your sketches are fantastic, and even tho I just started posting here, I can't wait to see some of your finished work. Good stuff!

10. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

WOW![​IMG]

Dat's some good sketches!

11. Outlander00

Outlander00 Another Stand Alone Complex

Bah! Stupid Online RPG taking up time... Thought you fell off one of those islands you live on :p

Nice as always, Bic! Nice to see your work posted as always. I like the Raven study btw... Incorporating your style to the animated design of her.

I think when I get around to designing the characters for one of my projects, I may have to look you up :p

12. Bubblegum Girl

Bubblegum Girl Magic User Wannabe

That's really good stuff. :) *Envy Raising.....*

13. Bic

GMB: I think I lied on that second sketch.... it was 11 mins. :D
    Much mahalos!! eep! Finished work!? surely you jest? :sweat:

Dudley: Glad you like dem!!

Outlander00: It's not stupid.... it just doesn't come with an IV drip. :eek:
    Well, I tried to make Raven a tad bit older, just be glad I didn't attempt Starfire. :eek:

Bubblegum Girl: Thanx, but don't sell yourself short. I'm envious of your character designs as well. ;)

Okay, got one more for you. Nuthin' special, but pencil and a leaky pen (not a Bic, thank the goddesses!)
    [​IMG]

14. Storm

Storm New Member

Uber pictures Bic!

PM me k!

- Storm

15. Mek

Mek Digestive Juices

Nice.

I can't draw crap for crap at all these days. >.>
    So naturally I'm a little envious.

16. Bic

Storm: UberMahalos!!! :D

Mekairinek: Many thanx!! I have days... er weeks like that too, so don't fret. ;)

Okay something a tad different this time. I had an image idea pop into my head and no matter how much i tried to ignore it, it just stayed there. So I did a really basic sketch of it digitally in the hopes it'd go away. Figured I share it with you all.

[​IMG]

17. Bic

Not dead yet.... ;)

Aloha all!!!

Here is a quick pencil sketch I did at a friend's house. It started out as a girl and ended up being sort of a (Dark Night)....

[​IMG]

...as you can tell, I'm still addicted to FFXI. But I'm not so in to the game that I start calling my VW Golf a chocobo.... yet! :D

18. Rune

Rune off(world) model

That's simply gorgeous. I'm feeling woefully adequate because I can't think of anything constructive to say, suffice to say then that this has to be one of my favourites from your collection, I love her delicacy of stance and the flowing lines from hip to leg and that costume is fantastic. Your stuff never fails to brighten my day :)

19. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

As always your drawings are wonderful.:)

20. Bic

Forbbiden Love Affair!?

Rune: Much mahalos!!! Funny how a character I was trying to make more evil-looking turns out to be more delicate creature. While she is done in the animated style (tho' the costume would be murder to animate), I opted to put more emphasis on her hips then Timm usually does :eek:. I'm glad you loved her.

Dudley: As always, your comments are much appriciated. :)

I now bring you, the next installment -- The Forbidden Love Affair!?

Did this over at a friends place, used a 2H pencil for the structure and added details with a B pencil. Enjoy!

[​IMG]