1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

TTA's Debut...?

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by EJLD4Ever, Jan 1, 2015.

1. EJLD4Ever

EJLD4Ever Animation Student

This year marks the 25th Anniversary of Tiny Toon Adventures' US debut. However, I have recently been told that the show made its debut in some places (such as the UK) in 1989 instead of 1990.

Interestingly I vaguely recall seeing TTA episodes on Nickelodeon (1996-98) with an '89 copyright date at the end of the end credits (when characters say goodbye to the viewers). However, when I rented the Season 1 Volume 1 DVD box-set recently, most of the episodes had a '90 copyright date. The few episodes on the set that lack any copyright branding whatsoever now make much more sense--as the producers could put in an '89 or '90 copyright date depending on when the show debuted in a specific country.

But I am still confused--was the first season of TTA in fact produced an entire calendar year before its US debut or not? Apparently so. Can anyone fill me in on this?

2. Erased Paper

Erased Paper Member

Definitely not. Episodes were in production in 1989, but there wouldn't be any completed masters.

3. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

The WB staff was down to the wire on getting "The Looney Beginning" ready for broadcast, thanks to Wang's re-take animation. So no, there's no way TTA aired earlier than that elsewhere.