Trigun: Badlands Rumble was such the Combo Breaker

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Game Freak 4, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Game Freak 4

Game Freak 4 TV Tropes is Ruining My Life!

Remember the four movies that were shown on Toonami in December? Looking back, I see that Trigun: Badlands Rumble offered a little difference compared to the other three. Namely, the villain.

In the other 3 movies, the villain is a powerful being willing to either to rule or destroy the world. T:BR's villain was just a highly skilled thief, willing to make a notable heist.

The other 3 villains' demises were very powerful and very climatic. T:BR's villain was disabled by a few direct gunshots.

I know there was something else...

2. TheGunheart

TheGunheart Darkness and Disgrace

I can't say I cared for Badlands Rumble all that much. I guess, like the second X-Files movie, it was kinda "too little, too late" for what amounts to an extended, mid-series one-shot episode.

3. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

I really enjoyed Trigun: Badlands Rumble. I could see why people would be disappointed in that it was basically an extended episode of the series, especially when that usually is a flaw, but since it was so much fun and captured a lot about what made the show work, I didn't think it was a problem in this case. Summer Wars and Trigun: Badlands Rumble were my favorite movies aired back in December.

As for the villain, it isn't too surprising that it had a different kind of villain. Having a villain wanting to take over the world for this movie wouldn't have worked given where it is suppose to take place during the series. Plus, it matches more with the tone of the series, especially the first half, for the villain to be a thief that was ultimately defeated by a few gunshots.