1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Transformers: Till All Are One (2016)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by JoeMabbon, Jun 14, 2016.

1. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

Windblade and Starscream's competing visions for Cybertron...

Transformers: Till All Are One #1

[​IMG]

Mairghread Scott (w) • Sara Pitre-Durocher (a & c)
    PEACE IN OUR TIME! STARSCREAM and WINDBLADE have given everything to bring together CYBERTRON’s Lost Colonies into a Council Of Worlds. But when the increasingly brutal tactics of STARSCREAM’s secret police increase tension among the former DECEPTICONS… how long can the Council maintain this fragile peace?

2. JoeMabbon

Cybertron has really come to feel like a contemporary society again. Until now, the planet has always felt like it was on the brink of completely collapsing. The threat is still there of course, but it feels weird to hear the majority of the characters talk about having ordinary jobs and performing mundane tasks for a living.

Decepticon unrest, police brutality, culture clashes are what we see front and center. I think Deep Throat's identity is pretty obvious, but I'm sure there might be room for a twist here or there. A great start, eager to see where this goes from here.

Art looks great as I've come to expect from IDW's regular stable. Pitre-Durocher gives a cast of diverse designs from across Transformers history (G1, Beast Era, Prime) their due. I remember her work from the Legends mobile. Great stuff.

3. JoeMabbon

There's really not a whole lot to add to what I said last time. Onslaught is starting to actually live up to his master tactician character bio, something most writers don't stress in any way.

I originally thought I'd comment on how a "peaceful" Cybertron seems to be in an almost constant state of crisis, but then I remembered the news from yesterday and shut my mouth.