1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Transformers Rescue Bots Series TALKBACK

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by bobbybop, Mar 22, 2012.

1. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

At the beginning of part 2, when Morocco says he's going to do a self-diagnostic, I thought they were setting up some kind of artificial intelligence existential crisis. Speaking of which, that recap was great. Why couldn't Ultimate Spider-Man have something like this? Oh yeah, that would mean taking the focus off of Peter for a microsecond.

Weibo is strictly monitored...

Yeah, say what you will about the Bee team's personality conflicts they did waste the Demon King Megatronus.

He even set aside time for being dead too!

Remember when the writers would've used Japan for this kind of thing?

I felt that element was pretty rushed. There was enough there for an entire episode and it was glossed over.

Well, that's it I guess. A strong end to a strong series.

[​IMG]

'Til all are one?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Neo Yi

Neo Yi The Apparition
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Overall, it was a strong finale. Having Morocco hone in on Cody and make him the focal point is a nice callback to the general role he plays as the "eyes" of the team. What I especially love is the gender role reversal where Frankie not only saves Cody, but is ultimately the one to save the day and defeat the villain (though kudos for Baranova showing off some of her own moves.)

Season Four has been about changes and the entirely did an excellent job showing it off, so I'm glad it ends on a full circle; where teamwork is always encouraged and family is key, but changes will happen. Life takes people in unexpected turns and sometimes, it means taking them away from their home. There's an open-ended feel to it, a setup for a premise if season five exists, yet enough to define the themes they had been using if this is the last road.

If this is the last episode, I'm glad it ended strongly. I think season one and three's finales were stronger, but this is a good conclusion. I want more, but four seasons and 104 episodes - the longest singular Transformers cartoon - is already a high achievement. Kudos to Rescue Bots for being of high quality through and through.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

So I figured I should leave this here.

We're getting two new Transformers shows, and one of them may be a Rescue Bots sequel/spin-off.

I do wonder if we'd get a new human cast, though. I'd miss the old cast.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

At first glance I'm guessing it'll be a sequel more focused on the Rescue Bots Academy and on training new Rescue Bots versus the on-the-job rescues at Griffin Rock of the original series or the global rescues that were setup in the finale :).

I'm also wondering if this means that the main cast will be made up of new characters and recruits, while the original 'Bots serve in mentor or support roles o_O?

I'm also really curious to see if the Burns family is still involved...

5. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

I am hoping for a massive time skip with Ce Ce being the new main human character. Granted if the show has to be in tune with the main Transformer cartoon that could be a problem, but who is to say the new main cartoon will not have a time skip with the Robots in Disguise time period. Maybe 10 years or whatever the years it would take for Ce Ce to be what ever age Cody and Frankie were in season 1.

#385 zoombie, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  6. Neo Yi

Neo Yi The Apparition
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I am totally and completely fine with a possible sequel/spin-off off Rescue Bots. As long as it captures the same feel, tone, and smart lessons of the first series, I'm very much for it.

• Agree Agree x 2