1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Transformers Rescue Bots Series TALKBACK

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by bobbybop, Mar 22, 2012.

1. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

This was the lamest 100th episode I think I’ve ever seen. They should’ve just switched this ep with Cody’s 11. At least that episode wrapped up some long-standing plot threads, albeit in a very abrupt way.

His dad told him it was an antique and he wanted to sell it for money.

Yeah, he's pretty great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

To Infinity... and Back

Cody and the Rescue Bots find a way to bring Dani back from her unscheduled test flight.

Discuss

3. zoombie

What an exciting episode, space episodes normally are. Another episode when Blaze gets very possessive, I actually thought Dani was going to take that job.

This does feel like this is the last season, everyone thinking about the future.

4. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

This was a really good episode. Surprisingly suspenseful, and Chabert did a great job adding tension and fear to Dani's voice. Blades is always being jealous, though. He needs to chill a bit.

5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This all could have been easily resolved if Cosmo was around :p.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

That was a very good episode. They did some interesting things with musical cues here and the team dynamic was incredibly strong.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Neo Yi

Neo Yi The Apparition
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

The music got really ambitious in this episode, almost movie-like in terms of intensity and epicness. But what I really liked the most was the silence during the scene between Dani and Blades when they're briefly together in space. It adds a lot and I mean a lot of emotional cues between the two. It's exceptionally poignant and emphasizes their already amazing friendship.

Great episode, just all around fantastic.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. zoombie

Family Business

While figuring out what kind of rescue worker he will become, Cody risks his own life to save a member of his family.

Discuss

9. zoombie

So like last episode this is another wrap episode in case this is the last season, I mean 4 seasons is a good run.

So Cody decide what career to pursue, it is very realistic how family business can push you to follow in their foot steps, and how you don't want to hurt their feelings, but you have to do what is best for you.

And nice that despite all the grief our heroes are giving though out the series by the towns folk especially the mayor where was he BTW, the people of Griffin Rock showed they appreciate Chief Burns and his family and the bots for what they do. If they changed the order with next week's two part episode airing before and this is the finale, it would be a good finale.

10. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

Ah, the pick me episode. This plot has been staring us in the face since season 1.

Thoughts:
    • Shouldn't Luskey have been at that meeting?
    • I really thought they were setting up Milo to be a minor, recurring antagonist this season.
    • I can't believe Don spoke.
    • "Shanix?" Someone's been reading the wiki!
    • I felt kinda bad that everyone was so desperate for validation. We've spent 100+ episodes watching them demonstrate their skills and proving their worth...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Should we really be surprised that he's making Chief do all the work? Though at least he came to see him after he was released from the hospital, only to promptly be insulted :p.

To be fair he kinda has, in the most minor way possible :sweat:.

I was all like, "Wha...?" :eek:.
    I felt especially bad for Graham and Boulder, since they obviously never had a chance :(.

Though it's always nice to see Cade be serious and professional while on the job, even if the incompetence of Griffin Rocks' municipal workers made his work kinda pointless...

• Like Like x 1
  12. zoombie

Well since people want to talk about Milo, here is a question, who was a better minor antagonist Priscilla or Milo?

Everyone knows how I feel about the subject, I am a big Priscilla fan, the fact they wasted her character was the biggest disappointment in season 4, she played little to know role in the two Madeline Pynch episodes, hopefully she gets a cameo in the season 4 finale just like she did in the season 3 finale, well we can always hope for season 5 as unlikely as that looks, though I didn't think MLP would get a 7th season either, but I am off topic, she is a better overall character for sure, but strictly as the towns person who you least want to save, still season 2 Priscilla was better than season 4 Milo who was just more annoying than anything else.

#372 zoombie, Oct 16, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  13. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

Hoo boy, let's see...

Priscilla doesn't have any powers or skills that would have made her a compelling antagonist on her own, like say characters on another show.

As for Milo, I think he was meant to be a parody of Tea Partiers that was quickly abandoned when Hasbro execs realized that they made up a sizable percentage of Discovery Family's audience and toy consumer base.

I can't say that I really care about either of them. It felt like most of their stories (and Milo really only had one) didn't give much depth to them beyond stereotype, "mean girl" and "redneck" respectively.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Priscilla's just your typical spoiled rich girl, but who isn't really that bad deep down. Especially compared to her mother :eek:.

Milo's really just comedy relief :p.

• Like Like x 1
  15. zoombie

Well the thing is I think her relationship with her mother is what made Priscilla so interesting to me. Yes we have had spoiled rich girls who aren't really bad deep down before, but none that have a parent that secretly to them is a super villain. I also found Madeline going out of her way to keep that a secret from Priscilla interesting, and there was never really a payoff which is a shame. I am sure it happened off screen after "Cody 11", still off screen. It could have easily happened and not take much time, just have her with the security cameras see Madeline's conversation with the Chief and Chase.

That being said, I thought season 2 Priscilla did a better job of getting "heat" on getting the viewers to be torn weather or not they want the good guys to save her, Milo not so much. He was a jerk in the season 4 premiere, but other than that, he more of an annoyance.

Though I forgot one other character that is that type, and he probably better than both of them is Mayor Lusky, he is probably the non villain I most wanted to do some bodily harm to for his antics. He is almost as bad as President Reiko. I thought after he found out about the bots being aliens, he would improve and he did a little, but still there was times he would stuff that got on my own nerves, the one redeeming quality is he is not as bad as his brother.

#374 zoombie, Oct 16, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  16. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

Well that and being a political insider who can get things done when push comes to shove.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. zoombie

Okay now it is time for the season finale and maybe even series finale, we end on a two part episode.

Upgrades

While the Rescue Bots go on new missions, Doctor Morocco hatches a new plan to destroy them once and for all.

Transformations

Doctor Morocco disguises himself in order to infiltrate the Rescue Bots and destroy them.

Discuss

18. zoombie

Well what a way to end it, weather it is just the season or the series whatever. I thought at first the whole separation was part of mini Morocco's plan, I thought that doctor and Optomus they were all holograms as part of Morocco's plot. I don't know why I thought that.

Nice to see the Bots have a following in China or at least Hong Kong, if one place their secret would be safe it would be there, they are very isolated. And I want to see that opera. Maybe some day.

The gag about suspecting Cece was responsible for all that trouble at the beginning was funny, and so true giving the past episodes, though you better raise her right, if Cece ever turned evil, she would be a scary villain to deal with. It is best to have her on our side.

Blaze reaction that he is going to lead Quickshadow and Hightide and his reaction, "they are not going to listen to me", oh Blaze that is why we love you.

Still thought he didn't plan it, Morocco uses divide and conquer for his plans.

Ask and you shall receive, though a cameo does so much, things were very up in the air with her character, but things kind of clear up a bit just by that one little cameo, she should know about the Bots being aliens at least.

I loved the Blur and Professor Baranova team up, don't underestimate the Professor, awesome.

When Mini Morocco was planning on kidnapping Cody to be his partner, I thought his plan was to kidnap him and raise him and eventually turn to his side, like Slade's plan to turn Robin in the Teen Titans cartoon series. But he uses the hypn phones from way back in season 2, now that is a callback from long ago. I am glad Cody came back to his senses not by the power of friendship, which they teased, but actually actions by Frankie destroying the phone.

So mini Morocco is defeated, but not dead, if they want to bring him back, they could always.

The last scene so emotionally, but with technology, they could always be together easily, it is like the warp pads in Steven Universe, you always a warp pad away.

Now that, is this the end of the series, you know what I don't know, giving what Optomus said at the end, this is the very least the end of the Rescue Bots with Cody as the main character and in this era, I know we just had a time skip. I do think if we continue to have episodes with these characters, it would probably a massive time skip and have a young Cece be one of the new main human characters, with a growup up Cody and the others being mentors. That would be awesome, if not always fan fics. BTW, we have had a grown up Cody and a grown up Frankie appear in the series, so we have character designs already done. We will see if this is the end of Rescue Bots, Discovery Family promoted it as a season finale, so who knows.

If we don't see anymore animated episodes, here is hoping for a IDW comic.

19. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

If this is indeed the series finale, I'm satisfied. Almost every supporting character got to appear (except the mayor, shockingly), Morocco (or the virus version anyway) made for a fine villain (and led to maybe the most action scenes in the whole show), and this could also be seen as a coming of age episode for Cody.

I wouldn't call it a sad ending, because even though they're all going their separate ways, it seems apparent that they'll be meeting up a lot.

Blurr and Baranova made for a random, but pretty fun, team. Never would have guessed that.

Apparently in China, the robots aren't a secret. Guess we have to assume that no one tweets about this. :p

Was glad to see Frankie be the one to ultimately save the day, since I felt she hadn't done too much recently. Also pleasantly surprised they didn't try to add a romance thing between her and Cody.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Upgrades/Transformations were pretty sweet/enjoyable on a great Season 4 finale,

Nice of Cody on wanting a Rescue Bot partner, it's Heatwave as much as Cody/Heatwave have sweet chemistry despite poor Heatwave dealing with Kade's annoying lousy attitude, or a new future Rescue Bot partner for Cody.

Cool seeing Optimus, the new locations for Heatwave, Chase, Boulder, and Blades from him was great.

Cool seeing High Tide, Blur, Salvage, and Quickshadow, a shame both High Tide/Quickshadow had no lines, oh well.

Blades' reaction on leading High Tide/Quickshadow was so funny.

China having Rescue Bot fans was awesome.

Love the Dr. Morocco Virus, best awesome new major villain, cool that he's more dangerous/diabolical as ever next to Dr. Morocco/Madeline Pynch on wanting to destroy the Rescue Team, his best Divide and Conquer Evil Plan:D.

The gag thinking CeCe was responsible for the trouble was so funny, CeCe turning into a supervillainess will be a scary thing:eek::ack:.

Blades taking charge for High Tide/Quickshadow was amazing, great Blades character development there.

The Dr. Morocco Virus's new MorBot form is awesome, makes a great new Decepticon, hehehe:p.

Blur/Professor Anna Baranova's team-up was awesome/enjoyable:D, Blur's need for speed obsession made me laugh, hehehe.

Both Doc, Frankie, and Professor Anna Baranova getting some action on stopping the Dr. Morocco Virus was awesome.

Love Priscilla Pynch's cameo.

The Dr. Morocco Virus brainwashing Cody for his evil plan was great.

Frankie saving Cody from the Dr. Morocco Virus was sweet.

The Dr. Morocco Virus's defeat, my favorite villain defeat next to Dr. Morocco/Madeline Pynch/Steeljaw, Lil' Gideon/Bill Cipher, Lord Dominator, and Jasper's defeats, I get a feeling he'll return in the future.

Optimus/Chief Charlie Burns' speeches were amazing.

A pretty sweet ending.

21. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This was probably the most action-packed Rescue Bots season finale yet, particularly in regards to the Rescue Bots smashing things left and right, and was overall a pretty strong and fun two-parter to close out this season :D.

"Earth's Greatest Defenders?" Way to slight Bumblebee's team Prime :rolleyes:.

So... a city in China knows all about the Rescue Bots, and the fact that they're sentient aliens from another planet? And Blades even has fans? Not to mention Optimus has apparently been in contact with the people there for a while. Man, for the 'Bot who's supposedly the most heroic and upright Autobot, Prime sure keeps has a lot of secret projects and liaisons going on :ack:.

Everything's always so advanced in China :p.

So when the heck does this take place relative to what's going on with RiD? I know it's silly that I care, because obviously the writers don't, but since the hologram was too solid to be one of the visions he sent Bumblebee while he was training in the Realm of the Primes, it had to be after he was restored back to life in the season one finale of RiD. Even though his physical upgrade from that show is obviously not reflected in Rescue Bots :confused:.

Wasn't Kristen Schall supposed to voice a helicopter Rescue Bot this season? Whatever happened to that o_O?

I wasn't quite sure how to feel about separating the team/family, but I guess it made sense that with how much the team have grown as individuals and as partners to allow them some room to stretch their legs and showcase it. Particularly with Blades by putting him into a command position of the two 'Bots least likely to listen to him, only for him to prove he actually has what it takes (taking from Dani's example of course) ;).

And you've got Boulder and Graham in their element, in nature and doing engineering work, while Heat Wave and Chase stay in Griffin Rock. Altogether fairly fitting for those characters given their relationships and character development over the course of the series :).

It was nice to see Quickshadow and High Tide here even if they obviously didn't say anything :sweat:.

It's only fitting that Morocco, in one form or another, returns to menace the Burns and the 'Bots' one last time. And given his obsession with them, it's fitting that he would turn himself into a Transformer and try to take away the team's biggest asset in Cody. And his giant robot form looked really Decepticon-ish, right down to a Fusion Cannon in his vehicle mode :eek:.

Hey, for once Blurr didn't mess anything up! And he and Dr. Baranova were pretty fun together. They should totally be partners :anime:.

Morocoo's ultimate defeat coming from Frankie zapping the phone felt a little anti-climactic, especially since I was eager for a showdown between Heat Wave and Morocco in the Morbot, but given it was a gift from Cody, I liked that ultimately his defeat came from the power of friendship :proud:.

I wonder who Cody would ultimately partner with? There's actually quite a few remaining Rescue Bots without official human partners, so he certainly has a good selection. I feel like we're setting up a similar scenario to the last episode where Cody hangs out with the remaining 'Bots to try and get a feel for his new partner :rolleyes2:.

I don't know what to think about the idea of CeCe with her own Rescue Bot...

• Agree Agree x 2