1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Transformers Rescue Bots Series TALKBACK

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by bobbybop, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I remember when I had to do a creative writing assignment as part of the process for earning my Black Belt, though my issue was that I had to talk about what Karate meant to me in far more words then I needed rather then make stuff up (I'm much better at that). I also didn't try and plagiarize other people's stories like Cade did here :p.

I would think more Transformers fairy tales would end with Megatron or The Fallen, but I guess being eaten by random space monsters helped the joke. Maybe it's a Rescue Bot thing :sweat:?

Roger Craig Smith returns as Taylor, where here he's almost as absentminded and tactless as Sonic, but with enough of that Ezio charm to make up for it. It was nice to see the relationship between Dani and Taylor explored again, even if it seems to have a lot of communication issues, but in-spite of some (ultimately unnecessary conflict) it was nice to see it get a sweet resolution :anime:.

Given all the quasi-mystical elements that exist in the Aligned universe, where Cybertronians apparently even have their own afterlife, mystical fairies existing isn't that huge a stretch. It certainly doesn't top some of the more outlandish stuff in G1 :rolleyes2:.

• Like Like x 1
  2. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

The Need For Speed

Blurr's future as a Rescue Bot becomes very complicated when two mysterious criminals arrive in Griffin Rock.

Discuss

3. zoombie

And here I thought "oh great another Blur episode", we got an awesome episode. They actually said the D word, and we got another kind of crossover with Robots in Disguise.

We finally found someone who is more arrogant than Blur and that is Sideswipe. Oh those two, is wrong for me to ship them.

They never out right said the mini con was a Decepticon, was it? That is the only thing the B team chases after them, why weren't they clear on that?

And why is Sideswipe so creeped out by humans, don't they have a couple of human allies on the B team.

Nice to see Blur get some development, and it is cute how Heatwave has become Blur's senpai.

4. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Season 4 episode 20 was pretty sweet,

A Blurr episode, sweet.

The evil Mini-Con was cool, has a sweet design, it's gonna be awesome when the Decepticons and their Mini-Cons will show up:D.

Cool to see Sideswipe, an epic crossover with Transformers: Robots In Disguise 2015, maybe Fixit, Strongarm, Grimlock, Drift/Jetstorm/Slipstream, or Windblade will show up further episodes, I'll see:D.

Sideswipe creeped out by humans was pretty weird.

Blades was so funny on mentioning Bumblebee, hahahahaha.

Blurr thinking about joining Bumblebee's new Autobot team was interesting, but Bumblebee/Strongarm having to deal with two Sideswipes, hehehe:p.

My wish came true, Blurr/Sideswipe so make good friends due to their arrogant unpleasant jerky natures to annoy others, hehehehe.

Sideswipe annoying Heatwave made me laugh, hehehe.

Nice seeing Servo.

Blurr saving the humans was great which he's becoming a Rescue Bot their while catching the evil Mini-Con.

Blurr's character development on having what it takes to be a Rescue Bot was great.

#344 Radical, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  5. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I should have known Blurr would take a liking to Sideswipe. A team-up between them actually makes total sense. Sideswipe looked more like a jerk than usual, though, if I'm being honest.

And minicons are as annoying as ever. :p

Now we just need Strongarm and Grimlock to appear, I guess.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ever since Bumblebee's appearance in the last episode synched up the Rescue Bots timeline with Robots in Disguises, I'd been hoping for more possible crossovers. In particular, I was hoping to see Blurr meet Sidewswipe, so finally seeing that happen was pretty awesome :D.

Though, seriously, Sidewsipe couldn't see Blurr's Autobrand? Is it that hard to mistake an Autobot for a Decepticon :shrug:?

Sideswipe was pretty much true to form from RID, both personality and design-wise, even if this appearance was evidentially written without any of his character development in mind. And Rescue Bots does some weird stuff with the faces of 'Bots from other cartoons :ack:.

Hey, they finally outright said Decepticon :eek:!

I guess a Mini-Cone Cyclone better fit as the villain for a Rescue Bots episode, though he gave the group a surprisingly hard time :evil:.

So Bumblebee never told his team about the other group of Autobots on Earth? Heck, given Sideswipe still believed there weren't anymore Rescue Bots, it doesn't seem like Prime told anybody about their existence. Seems like the Autobots have some surprising communications issues :rolleyes:.

Calling Team Bee the "Bee Team" makes them feel like the secondary team which, depending on how you look at it, I guess is kinda appropriate :rolleyes2:.

So there is an Overdrive in the animated continuity? It's not just an alias for Quickshadow :confused:?

What was with Sideswipe's issues with humans in this episode? He's probably the Autobot that's closest to Russell, and he already has experience working with humans who know Cybertronians, so why was he so abrasive towards the Burns family o_O?

Nice getting mentions of Grimlock and Strongarm, and it would be neat if we got to see both of them pop up on the show for a guest-spot in the future. It would be fun to see Strongarm play off Chase, given all their similarities, and Grimlock would be awesome to see because we could see him and the 'Bots together in their Dino modes, which would probably be the closest we'd get to the classic Dinobots being together in this continuity :cool:.

I love how Sideswipe is so tired of Bee's attempts at a catchphrase in RID that he just doesn't want to deal with the Rescue Bots catchphrases :p.

It's nice that they, once again, address the elephant in the room of Blurr being ill-suited for being a Rescue Bot, from his race car alt-mode, to his personality, and how not an episode goes by where he doesn't end up making a mistake or getting in trouble for his brash and reckless behavior. Of course, it all came around at the end where Blurr proved he's got the natural heart of a Rescue Bot and a desire to improve, so hopefully we finally see some lasting change in Blurr's character going forward ;).

• Like Like x 1
  7. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

Sideswipe's sudden antipathy towards humans aside, I thought this was a pretty good episode.

I think he assumed it was a fake.

Or maybe no one cares about Rescue Force Sigma-17. Its been forever since the Council sent anyone to talk to Bumblebee or investigate the Alchemor. Everyone seems to drag their feet in the postwar era.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Agreed ;).

Well Sideswipe would know all about fake symbols and pretending to be part of a different faction :sweat:.

Maybe, though it is kind of funny to think that maybe Prime just completely forgot to tell anyone about them :p.

• Like Like x 1
  9. zoombie

Cody 11

Cody, the Burns family and the Rescue Bots risk life and limb to save both the Energon and technology from mastermind villains.

Discuss

10. zoombie

Wow what an episode, first of all were they watching one of Quickshadow old movie.

We are headed towards the home stretch and they if this is the final season, they are tying up lose ends, mainly with the villains, earlier we got some finality to Quarry and now Madeline. Though the set up at the end and knowing the plot of the finale, maybe she will be back in the finale to help from her prison cell.

I wish we got more Priscilla screen time, for the Madeline finale, Priscilla didn't have much a role which I think was a big mistake. Priscilla should be a big part of Madeline's character and if this is it for Madeline, be more centrist in this. So much stuff they could have done, either have her be in danger because of the Energion and our heroes save the day obviously, and show Madeline show some concern, which like with Quarry would show she is not a completely irredeemable person. I always got the impression despite everything that Madeline does care about her and you could have showcased that. Anyway there is no way to keep the secret about mother anymore, Madeline is in jail, Priscilla has to know now about her mother criminal activities and that is all going to be off screen, forget Madeline helping in the finale, I have a better idea how about in the finale Priscilla uses some of her mom's tech to aid us in the finale, because from the sounds of it, we are going to need all the help we can get. And since this is part Madeline's fault, redeem her family's mistake.

I thought at the end, they were going to wipe Madeline's memories, nope they just lock up in Griffin Rock when her knowledge is kind of useless, everyone know about the bots there.

Anyway great episode, what ever they spilled does not look good, can't wait to see what that leads to.

11. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I honestly forgot about Madeline, so it was a nice surprise to see her again. And yeah, if this is the final season I get the sense that they're wrapping up loose ends, although with this episode's cliffhanger, we still have one villain left to go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Radical

Season 4 episode 21 was pretty awesome,

Nice seeing Salvage.

Cool to see Quickshadow, her awesome moments, nice, her major role spying on Madeline and knowing her diabolical secret was great.

Cool to see Madeline, awesome villainess ever, her mastermind role obtaining Energon and various technology was great:D.

Nice seeing Priscilla, the poor girl will know her mother's dark secret pretty soon.

Chase not liking the stealing plan was so funny, so love the Chase funny moments.

Chief Charlie Burns/Heatwave getting the upperhand on Madeline on recording her diabolical plan was great/clever.

Madeline's defeat was funny with Quickshadow tricking her, hehehe:p, I'll enjoy her return.

Uh-oh, the Dr. Morocco Virus has escaped, best shocking cliffhanger ending:eek::D, I'll enjoy his return.

#352 Radical, Sep 17, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  13. zoombie

Tell me I am not the only who feels this way, I know she has done a lot of bad stuff, and not a good person, but I think Madeline is a very attractive woman. Something about her that is very seductive, non of the other female characters on the show has that, yeah they are attractive, but not really seductive, expect maybe the Mayor's brother's wife. Maybe being a villain is the reason. She is for sure the most attractive villainess on the show, I know there is only one other villainess, but still.

14. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

After all the festivals and holidays we've seen celebrated on this show, we finally have an honest to goodness fair! Why did they hold off on showing one until now? Were they worried that a malfunctioning carny ride was too easy a disaster set up?

That heist plot was set up pretty well, everyone had a key role in the mission. Probably would've gone less smoothly if Pynch had employed security guards, though.

Thoughts:
    • I think this is the first in-fiction transformer pun I've ever heard.
    • Is Servo a mini-con?
    • Guess they just forgot about the Morocco robot. They're gonna feel real dumb when he shows back up.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'll be honest, I had completely forgotten that Pynch still didn't know the Rescue Bots were sentient. That secret has been out for so long that it's kind of surprising to find someone who doesn't know :sweat:.

Credit where credit is due, Madeline makes for a pretty great corporate Supervillain. She's crafty, knows when to cut-and-run, can come up with some devious evil business plans, and all the while staying the classiest and best-dressed person in the room. It definitely explains why she's been able to get away with her crimes scott-free for most of the series up to this point, but the Burns and the Bots' proved in this episode that they can be pretty crafty themselves :cool:.

It would be interesting to see the potential for humans discovering and harnessing actual Energon as a power source and what kind of conflict that would lead to for the Transformers o_O.

Wasn't there already a warrant out for Madeline's arrest, for her dealings with Morocco, which is why she was avoiding being seen on Griffin Rock quite a few episodes go? Shouldn't that also apply to the Mainland, unless Griffin Rock somehow has a different legal jurisdiction :confused:?

Prime was having Quickshadow tail Pynch? Nice pro-activeness on Optimus' part, though maybe they should've put Quickshadow to work doing stuff like finding more Predacon bones or looking for MECH back in the day :rolleyes2:.

Quickshadow capturing Pynch and driving her back to jail in Griffin Rock was cool, though it would've been nice to see Chief finally slap the cuffs on her or throw her into a cell ;).

I wonder if they're going to address Priscilla's reaction to her mother's incarceration and the reveal of her subsequent criminal activities? There's also the issue of who should take care of her now that her mother's in jail and she apparently doesn't have any other family or a guardian to take her in. I'd assume her father would take custody over her, but we have no idea if he even exists :shrug:.

I also wonder if Priscilla will still have access to her family's wealth now that Madeline has been arrested? Will the Pynch family's fortune be seized once Madeline's crimes have been revealed and she's stuck behind bars? Given Priscilla's dependence on living a high-class lifestyle and buying whatever she wanted, it would be interesting to see her deal with losing that privilege :ack:.

It's fitting that, with Madeline finally taken care of, AI!Morocco would escape and make a return to take back his rightful spot as the main villain of the show :eek:.

• Like Like x 1
  16. zoombie

A Brush With Danger

A no-good movie star arrives at Griffin Rock to cause trouble for Cody and the Rescue Bots.

Discuss

17. zoombie

Well this was a fun episode. She didn't have much of a role, but Quickshadow with her phony accent. And they are self aware about Mr. Harrison causing so much trouble.

Well the actor was a jerk, but he did kind of save the day. I wonder why Skip wanted that book so badly, all that trouble for a book, you could just asked for it.

Well next week's episode I already saw, but it is going to be very emotionally.

18. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

This episode was fun...but I was hoping for something much bigger for the show's 100th episode. :(

Why haven't they just taken away Harrison's flying device yet?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought this was a fun episode, but it definitely felt weird to have them do a one-off for the 100th episode, particularly given how it's a first for a Transformers cartoon (G1 only made it to 98 episode). I think that warrants at least a little more impactful and meaningful a story, maybe even one that touched on and celebrated the Transformers franchise as a whole (are we on an anniversary year for something yet?), but that's just me :shrug:.

Sometimes I think fiction and cartoons give actors a bad name, given they so often portray them as shallow and dumb Prima Donna's who only care about attention and money. I mean, I get that there's some basis for that in reality, and it's generally fairly entertaining, but I think we could stand to see more positive portrayals of acting in media outside the performances that are present within them by real actors and voice actors :).

Danger talking about how the 'Bots would be CG in the movie was a nice nod to the films and Hollywood in general, I thought, though it does make you wonder what the Transformers might actually look like in-universe and if is equivalent to seeing something in CG...

Heh. Quickshadow pretending to be an AI :anime:.

Seriously though, with how much of a safety hazard Mr. Harison's flying device has been over the course of the series, to the point where even the team remark how they'd probably be better off taking it away from him, you really have to wonder how he gets to keep using it. At least by now you'd think they'd revoke whatever permit he has to ride that thing since he's obviously not very good at it o_O.

Man, Eric Bauza has some range, voicing the two new characters in the episode so distinctly that you'd never be able to tell they shared the same VA unless you watched the credits. I was only able to tell it was him once he pulled out his Drift voice when trying to give Kade direction on playing a ninja :p.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Radical

Season 4 episode 22 was pretty sweet,

Cool seeing Quickshadow.

Chase's funny moment wanting to learn trashtalking, hahahahahahaha:p.

Both Maven Danger/Skip, my next favorite great new antagonists, Maven being a selfish shallow self-absorbed egotistical slimeball was enjoyable for me.

Quickshadow born from Maven's car, cool.

Quickshadow in car mode pretending towards Maven was funny:p.

Poor Mr. Harrison's flying device being a safety hazard will so get removed.