1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Transformers: Combiner Wars animated series headed to Machinima (aimed at older fans)

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Takao, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Good Guy Starscream?! Yeah, definitely following the comics from what I remember.

Though, I can't tell... Is that Richard Horvitz voicing him, or did they get Sam Riegal to reprise from the War on Cybertron games?

• Like Like x 2
  2. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

...That's definitely how IDW Starscream would describe himself, complete with blaming Megatron for his misdeeds and a dig against the Matrix.

That could've been an interesting plot twist. They probably should've kept him off the poster...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Once again, as with IDW, I have to wonder what was going through their heads to put Starscream on a governing boy of Cybertron. Someone with noted war crimes likely on his record, is known for being a traitor and being untrustworthy, as well as a lust for power :confused:.

Even when he's trying to justify it and say he's changed, he still admits to some of those traits :mad:.

I see we have an Autobot representative (Rodimus), a Decepticon representative (Starscream) and an neutral party (Mistress of Flame) making up the Council, which is sensible, but there had to be better choices then Starscream :sweat:.

I guess since he sounds so convincing in trying to portray himself as a secretly heroic and changed 'Con, he can come across as genuine to others...but it's still kind of ridiculous :rolleyes:.

It was nice to get it confirmed that Roddy will be in it, though in-spite of all the IDW influences, I expect that his inclusion in the council means he'll be quite a bit different from his IDW incarnation o_O.

I feel like I recognize that voice, but I just can't put a name to it...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nick Evans

Nick Evans Member

It's a comic book. These days comic books only sell if they constantly throw out soap opera like plots that are supposed to shock us and make us question who the good guy is. That's why IDW also had Optimus try to make Earth a protectrit of Cybertron.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

Here's the third poster. No combiners this time, instead we get the triumvirate:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I can't help but think he looks more Hot Rod then Rodimus :sweat:.

And Starscream looks extremely devious...

• Like Like x 1
  7. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

I'm just glad they didn't base Roddy on his Combiner Wars toy. That design was so lame. At least it looks like they're putting out a better Rodimus for Titans Return.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nick Evans

Nick Evans Member

Who's the Transformer with the big hammer.

9. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Nick Evans

Nick Evans Member

I wonder what lasting impact this series will have on the future of the franchise. After all every alliteration of the Transformers have to do something, except perhaps Rescue Bots. Show like Armada and Cybertron gave us the Star Saber and the Transformers Colony worlds.

If I had to guess what impact this will have right now I would say that it will have Starscreem be a crooked politician from here on out and the Enigma of Combination will be needed to make all combiners in future shows.

11. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

This might lead to more Transformers shows set on Cybertron or in outer space and shows without humans.

• Like Like x 1
  12. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

Here's the fourth prologue video, featuring Windblade:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, Windblade doesn't seem very happy :sweat:.

I find it kind of interesting that Windblade's other media interpretations (RID and now this) have portrayed her as being far more aggressive then she is in the IDW comics, where she's more notable for her compassion and reason then as someone itching for a fight o_O.

Just seems a little strange that her characterization would be that divergent, especially in this series where she's ostensibly meant to be the protagonist or focal character, and they would start her character off with foregoing her duties as City Speaker and going on an almost vengeful offensive against Combiners. But I guess it does get her involved in resolving the conflict :shrug:.

So the Combiner Wars are Cybertronians vs. an army of Combiners, who apparently just arrive via meteors fully-formed? With no Autobot or Decepticon distinction? Interesting...especially since this dates back to the Great War :ack:.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

The more of these prologues I see, the more this show comes to resemble Attack on Titan. Gives more credence to my "large numbers of interchangeable combiners theory."

• Like Like x 1
  15. Troy Troodon

Wow, Windblade seems kind'a (Really) pissed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Where's my rendition of Guren no Yumiya with Transformers :p?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nick Evans

Nick Evans Member

Windblades video got me thinking about just what are the Combiner Wars. If the Autobots and Decepticons have stopped fighting why is there still a war going on?

Given that most of the combiners had a counterpart during the war I find it difficult to believe that they all joined up to wreck mindless destruction and if it's just the Decepticon combiners destroying everything why can't the Autobot combiners and the rest of the army handle things.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Apparently, at least now, the Combiners are their own separate thing that are currently attacking Cybertronians, irregardless of Factions.

EDIT 07/21: First official trailer:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Troy Troodon

http://screenrant.com/transformers-combiner-wars-trailer-comic-con/

Cast revealed, as followed.

- Anna Akana as Victorion.
    - Jon Bailey as Optimus Prime.
    - Charlie Guzman as Menasor.
    - Ricky Hayberg as Computron
    - Amy Johnston as Maxima
    - Jason Marnocha as Megatron