1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen" News & Discussion Thread (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by ShadowGUN, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr.happy

mr.happy Active Member

No, I already addressed that particular point... twice, actually. Although LeBeouf has proven to be somewhat of a box office draw in other movies.

Absolutely. I think it's easy to forget just how brain dead the cartoons actually were. Fun, but brain dead. Their main goal was to sell toys, and when you boil it right down to those sort of essentials, Bay stayed remarkably close to the source material, while managing to deliver one of the best action movies of all time. Quite a feat.

Yes, $150 million is certainly a relatively small budget for a movie with that amount of effects and visual complexity. Compare it to the $250 million+ spent on movies like Spider-Man and Superman Returns, or the $185 million on Dark Knight, or the rumored $300 million+ on Cameron's Avatar. It's almost unbelievable what Bay managed to deliver, considering other $150 million movies such as Incredible Hulk looked made-for-TV by comparison.

All of which would probably take considerably less than Transformers did at the box office, and sell far less toys and merchandise. There's a reason indie film makers are rarely asked to direct franchise or tentpole pictures.

Yes, I should hope so. :)

2. CyborgRex

CyborgRex KING OF CYBORGS

I don't know what to think of that new trailer. The plot sounds dumb. All of a sudden stuff gets downloaded into his brain? It's really seems like it's just an excuse for him to be around the robots the whole time. I'm also getting the feeling that that Fallen guy will have the same role Megatron had in the first. Show up at the end fight and die. I did kinda like the breif footage of Optimus wielding the two blades. But then again I liked the breif shots of Starsream knocking jets out of the air when I saw it in commercials for the first and that scene just dissapointed me like ecery other.

3. SuperDudeX

SuperDudeX Active Member

4. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

HOLY COW! That is the most epic bit of epicness I have ever seen. Excuse me, I have to calm down.

5. li_mangaman

li_mangaman Certified

6. garfield15

garfield15 Member of the 10,000 post club

Whoa, Acree's motorcycle form looks badass. (Guns on the passenger part cool)

I must be missing the joke because I don't see "chicken" Ravage at all. Is it like the way it's standing or something?

7. li_mangaman

li_mangaman Certified

http://www.postimage.org/gxsrpRJ-b4152b208d6efb1fe3c52982de9f34dc.jpg

In the third link, it doesn't look like he's a chicken after all. Though, to what he is supposed to be, one may only venture a guess.

8. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Ravage Boo, what's the matter with you? You don't act like other Transformers do. You wear a disguise to look like human guys, but you're not a man you're a Ravage Boo!

9. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Okay, I was wrong. Welcome back, Megatron.

10. garfield15

11. G1Ravage

G1Ravage Active Member

:sad:

12. HellCat

Maybe if we're lucky, he'll get an awesome moment like he did in Beast Wars.

13. Don_East

Don_East A regular character.

Am I the only that thought that's Laserbeak inspired? I mean, it's like how they didn't have Soundwave in the first movie but incorporated something based off his cassette warriors in Blackout/Scorpinok & Barricade/Frenzy.

14. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Character Banners!

Optimus Prime
    [​IMG]

Bumblebee
    [​IMG]

Starscream
    [​IMG]

Yahoo! Movies

15. Mist

Mist Celebrating 20 Years of Sonic

I don't have a problem with humans being in the movie. I'm not exactly a Transformers buff, and I think humans could make it more interesting instead of just having robots beat the crap out of each other for two hours.

The problem is, the characters are just dull stereotypes (football playing jocks, nerdy main character) with a prostitute (Megan Fox) tossed in.

Shia's preformance wasn't anything special, either and I don't understand why he's such a big star. I mean, he's just playing an awkward kid. Millions of young actors can do that.

If they had more interesting humans, and a better plot, i'd be all for this.

16. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

See, I actually thought that LeBouf was pretty endearing. He's not multidimensional or anything, but he's the only one in the movie who actually registered with me. He's not the world's greatest actor, but he brought a much-needed human dimension that the film otherwise lacked for me. He was kind of goofy and engaging, and reasonably funny funny ("Satan's Camero!"). At the very least, he didn't annoy me as much as everyone else did.

17. HellCat

Any criticisms I have of Sam are the result of the script and not Shia. He was genuinely charming in the first film and served the 'everyman' role well. It's not his fault that the scripts are hyper focussed on the human characters and treat the bots as little better than visuals. That really seems to be Bay's fault. The actual script writers have a knowledge and respect of the franchise's history. Sadly Bay isn't so open minded and with him obviously having a high level of control, his bad ideas will sail through.

18. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight

The Final Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Poster
    [​IMG]

Yahoo! Movies

19. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

This isn't the best poster out of the ones we've seen from this film. It's just a bad mish-mash of photoshopped pics.

20. garfield15

Whoa, I can the gears in their faces...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.