1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen" News & Discussion Thread (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by ShadowGUN, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

For all your Transformers 2 pre-release discussion needs!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=45714

I guess Megatron must one of Fallen. Althought the way the title makes it sound like another faction besides Autobot and Decepticons. Unicron maybe?

Edit-
    [​IMG]

Oh wait there is actually a character called the Fallen from the Dreamwave comics and he does work for Unicron. So maybe story is about him trying to destroy Cybertron. Hopefully this would mean more Transformers, less humans this time around.

2. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Please tell me they aren't going to invent some nonsense method of reviving Megatron. Don't be stupid, Bay...

Excuse me while I lower my expectations substantially.

3. Movie06

Movie06 Active Member

Revenge of the Fallen? Hmm, I guess it's Megatron then again Bay said he's interested using Unicron.

4. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Well since one of Unicron minion seem to be involve he might return as Galvatron.

5. garfield15

garfield15 Member of the 10,000 post club

Which of course would be awesome.

You know what would be funny. If they do to Unicron what Fantastic Four 2 did to Galactus. (okay actually that's not funny)

6. Juu-kuchi

Juu-kuchi Everypony's Starry-Eyed

If that's the case regarding Unicron and Galvatron, Bay better shell out the bucks to put Nimoy back into the role and give him more substantial lines.

7. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

As long as Arcee's going to be in this one (and she's supposed to be, according to Entertainment Weekly), then I'm happy.

8. Movie06

Movie06 Active Member

Not that I'm countering anything but what if Nimoy says "No"?

9. CartoonOverlord

CartoonOverlord Head of HATE

If they do indeed have Unicron, I do not want any humans fighting him. If Sam Witwicky or the military single-handedly kills the cosmic horror that is Unicorn, then I'm done with it.

10. Tapout

Tapout Active Member

Would it really be that much worse than Hot Rod doing it?

I still think Starscream and Devastator should headline the 2nd part and save Unicron and/or Galvatron for the 3rd. :shrug:

11. CartoonOverlord

CartoonOverlord Head of HATE

Well at least Hot Rod is a Transformer, having humans beat Unicorn would defeat the entire purpose of calling it a Transformers movie.

12. GregX

GregX Active Member

Yup, because Circuit Breaker; G.B. Blackrock and the Neo Knights played no part in the fight against Unicron....

.... oh, wait.

13. CyborgRex

CyborgRex KING OF CYBORGS

They kinda already defeated that purpose by having that kid kill Megatron.

14. AlgeaX

AlgeaX Oh, hello?

You know, I've never really been too big on Unicron. He always seemed more of a plot device then an actual character to me. If they wanted a big uber villain for the bots and cons to unite against, then I'd rather they used Jhiaxus and the Cybertronian Empire. Still I suppose Unicron offers the chance for some neat visuals.

15. Movie06

Movie06 Active Member

Actually come to think of it, I wonder if ILM will go hog wild on Unicron.

16. I.D.Will19??

I.D.Will19?? Member

This movie should have Starscream and perhaps Soundwave as the main villains, imo. Starscream barely got any development (and he's my favorite) in the movie.

As much as I would to see Megatron reborn as he didn't get his proper due in the movie, I wish they would wait until the third movie to bring him back as Galvatron and team up with Unicron.

Oh yeah!!! They could partner her up with Mikaela :evil: .

This goes for any other Decepticon for me. I want to see Autobots vs. Decepticons and noone else. I hated how lopsided the fights were in the movie. Leave that military stuff for the upcoming GI Joe movie or a future Transformers/GI Joe crossover movie.

Add to the fact, they also took up lots of time that could've been used for the character development of the Autobots/Decepticons.

On a superficial note, the designs for the Decepticons need to be much much more distinctive; I could barely tell them apart. I don't care how long or how much money this will cost.

17. Mist

Mist Celebrating 20 Years of Sonic

Bay already said that he's going to toss around a million 'fake' storylines just so people get confused and nothing leaks online.

And this title just SCREAMS 'fake'

I honestly dont care about this franchise. at all. Lebouf and Fox irritate the hell out of me.

18. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

What? How could you have Transformers without Megatron? To say nothing of the fact that he got all of, what, five lines in the first film? There's obviously going to be some idiotic method of reviving him involved. Quite frankly, I'd love to see him get an actual role in the sequel.

It'll probably be more of the same, but with the bigger budget, ILM will probably go all-out.

I was hoping for Unicron. I was under the impression that he was the general idea for the sequel from the outset, and certainly the most logical one. Kind of a stupid title though.

That might be interesting.

That'd definately be cool :D!

Where the hell else is he going to get work :p? Seriously, what reason would have to say no to buckets of cash?

Your fanboy is showing :D.

That I'd pay to see. I'd love to see how they'd go nuts with the dark god. Wonder what other bots he'd plan on involving? Love see the film actually do something with the Transformers mythology this time around.

That filmmakers do that these days is kinda interesting, but moving on before we get onto a long essay.

I hope so, because it sounds stupid.

Yeah, well, no one's there for them (except maybe to ogle Fox). You're there for the bots. Especially Peter Cullen's returning voice :D.

19. Movie06

Movie06 Active Member

Oh yeah that's right. It's interesting to see that Michael Bay is keeping his film mysterious at all times.

20. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

I doubt that he'll be able to do that for long. Keeping stuff under wraps is nigh-on impossible in this day and age of the Internet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.