1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trailer Music

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Terminatah, Jan 20, 2002.

1. Terminatah

Terminatah Badass Cyborg

I get so frustrated when I hear a great song in a movie trailer because I have no idea where to look up its name. I recently saw the trailer for "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron" and I recognized the prominent background music from the trailer to "Angels in the Outfield" almost a decade ago. How can I look this up?

-Terminatah

2. Terminatah

Terminatah Badass Cyborg

ATTENTION

This was not a test. This was an actual post. Let the helpful replies commence.

-Terminatah

3. Evil Dr. Reef

Evil Dr. Reef The King of Braves

*Insert Cricket Noise*
    Seriously though, my best advice for you would be to try searching on Morpheus, WinMX, etc for "Angels In the Outfield Theme". Anyone else have an idea?

4. Nightflower

Nightflower Floral Mod Extraordinaire

I remember it being used in a *lot* of trailers. Pocahontas being one of them.

5. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

Yup, trailers often use temporary tracks lifted from other movies, since many times the music isn't finished yet when the trailers are made.

6. Terminatah

Terminatah Badass Cyborg

Yah, and the problem is I have no idea where this music originated. The theme for Angels in the Outfield was different, this song was just in the TRAILER. There should be an internet trailer database of sorts.

-Terminatah

7. Halfblood_Prince

Halfblood_Prince New Member

I was just on the search myself! I just fount it! It's from the Rudy Soundtrack composed by Jerry Goldsmith. I believe that the particular theme that you are searching for starts at 5:58. Here's the link to the YouTube video!
    hope it helps!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBqCn11q-X8

~
    Halfblood_Prince

8. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This is a good source:

http://www.soundtrack.net/trailers/

According to it, the trailer for Angels In the Outfield and the teaser for Spirit both used music from Rudy, which was composed by Jerry Goldsmith.

EDIT: Holy cow! Just realized this thread is nearly ten years old. Still, looks like Terminatah never got his question answered, but if he did, well, at least he now has the link I provided for future reference. :)

9. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

Yay for threads that predate this board. :)

Anyway, I know a lot of older-audience trailers steal the theme from Requiem For a Dream. It's a good strings piece, and it always makes me look up from what I'm doing and check out the trailer (to see if it's worthy).