Total Drama: Revenge of the Island - News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by The Cartoon, May 24, 2011.

1. The Cartoon

The Cartoon Moderator

Been a while since we've discussed Total Drama on Toonzone. Haven't gotten a ton of new information about Season 4 lately, but we can use this thread to talk about when there is some. The trailer was released in Canada on Teletoon. And we got some info from the CN Upfront:

Can't wait for this season. I'm liking Dawn, Mike, Zoey, and Sam the most so far. Hopefully we get a release date soon, and some commercials.

2. WMania

WMania Check Out My Avatar Thread!

I hope Dakota, Lightning, Zoey or Dawn win! :D

I hope we get a premiere date soon. We usually get it by now.

3. The Cartoon

The Cartoon Moderator

Great news. The Cake Entertainment page is up. Thankfully, there are no spoilers associated with this one like there were last season. Here it is:

http://www.cakeentertainment.com/pages/cat-tdr.htm

Dawn and Mike are so going to my favorites. Dawn's instantly my fav since she meditates. And Mike looks like one of the craziest characters TD has ever created.

4. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Yo-Kai Son!

Mike sounds like a real character if you ask me. Though a part of me does wonder if Brick will be a more competent version of Courtney as far as survival skills go?

5. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

I wonder how they going try to balence giving these characters their own identities, while still maintaining the spirit of the series, especially if the voice cast is pretty much the same.

They should take some notes from the Digimon english dub, from each season or series they retained some old cast members, but also brought in new cast members, and even than they still able to maintain their ideinties, in which you watch the show and think "oh that is (insert old character's name)" every thim they spoke.

I like what Legend of Korra, the way they balence out their cast, still bring back Dante Bosco, but mostly new characters for the new characters.

Last thing I want is for this to be Total Drama Island: The New Class, referring to the first couple of seasons of Saved By The Bell: The New Class.

6. TeddyBear

TeddyBear New Member

I hope this new Total Drama: Revenge of the Island show won't have all the sexual jokes and dirty toilet humor that the last Total Drama Island shows had. The only Total Drama show I liked was World Tour and I'm praying to God that this new show will be descent and not Total Drama CRAP! Man the last show had un blocked boobs in it for crying and penis jokes. I was appalled.

Hopefully it will have a bit of a 'LOST' feeling and tone to it.

7. Super Sonic

Super Sonic Fastest Thing Alive

In Canada they're generally more laid back about the material you are allowed to show in a cartoon, that and the fact that the TDI series is clearly more aimed at teenagers than young children anyway. Chances are that style of humor will stay the same.

8. TeddyBear

TeddyBear New Member

I understand the parody aspect.

But instead, of the teenage angst I really want to see a bit of a darker tone is basically what I'm saying. I like Total Drama Island to some degree but all the kiddy humor and jokes begin to tick one off. I'm fine with the humor and jokes in Young Justice but sometimes it get's taking a bit far in Total Drama Island and that is what makes it a pain to watch sometimes.

I just want to see a bit of seriousness and darkness like we get in the way awesome Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated show.

The trailer for this new show seems to be ok. I'm willing to watch Total Drama: Revenge of the Island but I just hope they have a bit of an edge to it this time around not just humor. Adventure Time and Flap Jack both have humor with a bit of an edge and darkness and that is what I'm really wanting to see in Total Drama: Revenge of the Island.

9. Bad Asp

Bad Asp Come fly with us!

I know that Heather's boobs were censored in the Canadian version too.

You know, one of the greatest things about censorship of nudity on Total Drama is that you don't have to see Owen's you-know-what!

10. WMania

WMania Check Out My Avatar Thread!

11. TT66

TT66 New Member

Can I say very early date lol.

12. Nobody²

Nobody² New Member

New Season! Premieres Tuesday, June 5 at 7:30/6:30c....

Can't Wait...

13. Albedo4883

Albedo4883 New Member

Wait, I known this season they're back at the old camp, but has it been confirmed that season 5 is heroes vs villains?

14. Gold Starz

Gold Starz "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"

It's all-new characters, and that's REALLY old news. As in series name change old news.

15. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

The new Total Drama series is showing at Latin America and..........not too impress with most of the characters, there are a few that you do like but at the same time you got used to the originals tho there's one kid that seems like he has multiple personality where i do find it funny. And if everyone is guessing yes the guy who's based on Seth Rogen sounds just like him.

16. TheCtes

TheCtes Active Member

The series finished airing in Scandinavia weeks ago. I enjoyed it, but I still find Total Drama Island to be a step above the rest of the series.

17. Royce

Royce New Member

18. ChildHood90s

ChildHood90s Loves his coffee

I bet CN just wanted to release a whole bunch of new shows around the same time. I don't blame them.

19. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

The webpage is now up. I like how they included a seasons page to show the previous winners. I just hope somebody actually gets to keep their money this time. I don't care much for these characters, but I'll be rooting for the Silent Bob expy.

20. TheCtes

TheCtes Active Member

Awesome! It should be noted that Heather isn't considdered the official winner of TDWT, because she lost in Canada.